Tony Ferguson is a healthy 190 right now.

I recall a time when GSP and Alves were considered big WWs cutting from 190. Now we have lightweights cutting from 190 and that's the new norm?

Since when is this normal?
They were on the larger end for WW's at the time but there were bigger guys than them. Wrestlers pretty much all cut a lot of weight, probably one of the things that gave them such a huge advantage back in the day. Now the rest of the sport has caught up. Anyways, that 190 he is at is before he starts eating super clean. He's not cutting 35 lbs of water, so I'm guessing he is more like 170-175 on fight night where as what you are talking about with GSP at 185-190 was on fight night and not necessarily the height of his weight

That is the walk around not in fight camp and no way fight night weight.

He is indeed a big LW fighter but on fight night he should be around 175 lbs range I don't think he reaches the 180 limit.

and that applies for most of them, some like Hendricks tend to really let themselves go off camp.

On the Conor reference, well, then explain why a guy who would be usually below 170 (according to you) and didnt cut nothing looks like DEATH at 145 weigh ins, please explain.
Hendricks gets fat and we know he bloats up to over 200. Tony isn't fat here, though. He says he feels great at 190 and he looks in shape.

There's a difference between a fat Hendricks who gets in shape to fight at 170, and a fit Ferguson who cuts to make 155.

I remember when everyone was like, Conor cut the most weigh in the sport.

Even though he had to eat to make WW.

So funny.

There is a lot of fighters who cut more than 40 pounds or so. Hendricks is a LHW or even more than that off camp and he makes WW, and I'm not even sure that if he is the one who cut the most or not. But probably not.

You funny if you think Conor had to cut to make WW. He honestly probably cut those 2 extra pounds to fool rubes like you.

Lemme know when anyone else shows up to weigh ins looking like this

usa-today-8688451.0.jpg

With some of these guys there are like 3 weights, off camp/walkaround, on camp and weigh in, those 190 sounds ridiculous for a guy who fights at 190, he doesnt cut from that, not a chance in hell, and that applies for most of them, some like Hendricks tend to really let themselves go off camp.

On the Conor reference, well, then explain why a guy who would be usually below 170 (according to you) and didnt cut nothing looks like DEATH at 145 weigh ins, please explain.

Conor injury took something from his weight cut. He used to look good in his first weigh in. Ferguson, Tibau, Hendricks and others cut way more than him and don't look that bad. They of course have a much better cut than him. Well, even Rumble didn't look to bad when he is making WW, and you can't compare Rumble to anyone else. Now explain why Conor had to eat to make WW.

And being fit and 190 doesn't mean shit, he doesn't have a fit scheduled. Fight week he probably diets down to like 175.

So funny.

There is a lot of fighters who cut more than 40 pounds or so. Hendricks is a LHW or even more than that off camp and he makes WW, and I'm not even sure that if he is the one who cut the most or not. But probably not.
I don't think he cuts nearly as much as people like to believe.

Conor injury took something from his weight cut. He used to look good in his first weigh in. Ferguson, Tibau, Hendricks and others cut way more than him and don't look that bad. They of course have a much better cut than him. Well, even Rumble didn't look to bad when he is making WW, and you can't compare Rumble to anyone else. Now explain why Conor had to eat to make WW.

LOL so you really believe he cuts 20 or so to make 145?

It just amazes me a guy like Tony can be as cocky as he is while blatantly conceding guys his own size would whoop his ass via cutting mass amounts of weight. Hes just admitting he cant hang with welterweights so he has to pick on smaller men.
He is fighting people his own size THEY all cut weight. Kevin Lee is a LW and cuts from 195

You funny if you think Conor had to cut to make WW. He honestly probably cut those 2 extra pounds to fool rubes like you.

Lemme know when anyone else shows up to weigh ins looking like this

usa-today-8688451.0.jpg

You don't watch embedded, so it's ok that you don't know he was eating everything he wanted.

You don't know how weight cut works.

You only post things you know nothing about it.

This is why people Conor haters are the worst. They think that Conor cut more than Rumble and Hendricks.

Tony weighted the same weight as Barboza when he destroyed him. That's all that matters.

So funny.

He cuts from a little under 170 so he would be at a significant size disadvantage against some guys at LW

Last edited:
And being fit and 190 doesn't mean shit, he doesn't have a fit scheduled. Fight week he probably diets down to like 175.
I understand the difference between weight at the beginning of a camp, end of camp and cutting, but Tony is a physically fit athlete. He's not some slacker like Hendricks who's bloated up, he's fit. For him to drop 35+ pounds despite already being in good physical condition, that's just insane.

I'm just saying that 190 is an unbelievable weight for a 155er to be at and if this became normal for the weight class, then obviously I fucking missed the change.

If you can endure a brutal weight cut in order to gain an advantage, then the advantage is earned as far as I am concerned.
Very true. He has never ever missed weight as far as I am aware.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Tim_Means_Vs._Pete_Spratt.gif

Though if Ferguson ever did move up, vs. Means would be a must. Both would be creative, former LWs with mean elbows.

You don't watch embedded, so it's ok that you don't know he was eating everything he wanted.

You don't know how weight cut works.

You only post things you know nothing about it.

This is why people Conor haters are the worst. They think that Conor cut more than Rumble and Hendricks.

Yes I do. I know more about everything than you ever will sonny. Glad you believe everything that comes out of Conors mouth. He's still on UFC 200 right? He said he was for like a month after they took him off of it.

Conor has been playing up the " i'm smaller " excuse because he got his ass beat. Everytime he talks about Diaz he tries to mention how much smaller he is. And rubes like you eat it up. Those of us who are rational and have reason and deduction skills know the truth though.

He is fighting people his own size THEY all cut weight. Kevin Lee is a LW and cuts from 195
I didn't know that. I must have been sleeping when 155 got filled up with guys nearing 200 pounds.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Tim_Means_Vs._Pete_Spratt.gif

Though if Ferguson ever did move up, vs. Means would be a must. Both would be creative, former LWs with mean elbows.

Barboza looks bigger than Ferguson. I wonder if he is a LHW off camp too.

Back