Media Tom Aspinall vs Eddie Hall unreleased sparring footage

He was literally the best swimmer in the entire UK for his age and shared the podium with a future Olympian.

Are you being intentionally daft?

because he doesn't like someone who did sport in his youth, i imagined that he was the classic child that quit at 12 and you all are focusing on the fact that he quit one year later like it changes the fact that i got it right , plus you are overplaying winning at 13 in a specific federation (idk in uk but in italy there are dozens of fed with their national champs).
at 13 you are still a child, the guy is unchoordinated exactly like someone that didn't do a minute of sport in his youth.

because he doesn't like someone who did sport in his youth, i imagined that he was the classic child that quit at 12 and you all are focusing on the fact that he quit one year later like it changes the fact that i got it right , plus you are overplaying winning at 13 in a specific federation (idk in uk but in italy there are dozens of fed with their national champs).
at 13 you are still a child, the guy is unchoordinated exactly like someone that didn't do a minute of sport in his youth.
He's uncoordinated because he's almost 400 pounds of muscle packed onto a regular human frame.

And even then, he's actually pretty coordinated and agile for a man of that size and weight. Especially compared to other strongmen who have decided to go into MMA like Pudz.

Eddie Hall might not be the greatest example, but I wish the UFC would uncap the HW limit. What if you put Aspinall's mind into Hall's body, he would be a juggernaut. We could see some new life at HW with a new limit. I don't buy that 265 is a universal weight that all the big guys can make. There might be some giants like Valuev who would train MMA if it was allowed. UFC can choose who they sign or don't, or cut guys if they get morbidly obese.
Yup, one of the most stupid rules in the UFC.
If a fat slob that's 400lbs can become champ then so be it. I don't care how they looknif they can mop the floor with all the other dudes.
Perhaps the HW cap should be at 235 or 245 and then Super HW with no cap after that.

he looks like someone that didn't do any sport in his youth,

i imagined that he was the classic child that quit at 12 and you all are focusing on the fact that he quit one year later like it changes the fact that i got it right , plus you are overplaying winning at 13 in a specific federation (idk in uk but in italy there are dozens of fed with their national champs).

Hahahaha. You literally went from "he did no sports as a kid" to "he won a national championship but idk how important that is."

Just admit you fucked up, dummy.

Also he didn't quit at age 14. He's been swimming his entire life.

“Although I stopped competing in my teens, I’ve never quit swimming,” says the 29-year-old. ‘I’ve always swum but I’ve just used swimming as a keep fit."

“It keeps me mobile in my sport, keeps my shoulders moving and my ligaments in my back and legs and hips, and also it’s great cardio. I’m a 30-stone man and I can still swim 50m in under 30 seconds.”

No, he's coordinated exactly like someone who was a top athletic specimen in their youth and then grew an additional 200 pounds of muscle on top of that.

Point me to a man who weighs close to 400 lbs and can move the way Eddie Hall does.

holy shit, guys who quit sports at 13 are considered former agonistic here...

No, he's coordinated exactly like someone who was a top athletic specimen in their youth and then grew an additional 200 pounds of muscle on top of that.

Point me to a man who weighs close to 400 lbs and can move the way Eddie Hall does.

don't take it personal.

the guy quit at 13, stop.

none'd call himself a succesful sportsman citing the tournment won at 13.

and imo he moves like a fat guy, sorry but i'm not into strongmen.

Eddie honestly looks terrible, size is a factor for him being slow and easily winded but I've seen guys who boxed for years, stopped, got morbidly obese and picked up boxing again in their 30s just out of love and to lose weight who look like super athletes compared to Hall. Hall really charges into his punches, telegraphs everything and doesn't show much technique. He's a freak athlete and a giant powerhouse, Tom's gotta respect that while also making sure not to hurt him. Eddie's going to look a lot better because of those things than he actually is in sparring.
You're braindead.

none'd call himself a succesful sportsman citing the tournment won at 13.

It's so funny how you went from "he played zero sports" to "he wasn't a successful sportsman."

Just admit that you were wrong. Be a real man.

Reactions: lsa

Prime Sapp was like 365...roided to the gills, but was athletic and moved well for his size. If the UFC did allow 265+ pound HWs, I'm pretty sure most (whether former NFL players, strong man competitors, etc) would be guys who heavily used PEDs to bulk up to their size before MMA. Maybe there would be a few tall giants or Olympic wrestlers who didn't, but that would be the exception.

Sapp got booted from the NFL for PED use, though he was also a benchwarmer who wasn't good at that level.

Looks trash, cardio, movement, skills. Bad even for a beginner

Damn, didn't expect Aspinall to look that big next to a boulder like Hall <TheWire1>

Cracks me up when we get these "He doesn't even look like an athlete" comments. Lets take some of the best MMA fighters and throw them on a tennis court against the top tennis players in the world and see how athletic they look.

Really?

I though he looked good or a guy who is like 350lbs and does fuck around a lot and not boxes seriously.
No, he didn't. His feet looked terrible, with way too much weight on his heels and his back foot perpendicular to his front foot. He was incapable of properly pivoting, which means that for all his strength, his punches were crap that could generate a hard shove but no sharp impact. It also meant that his back foot lost contact with the mat all the time rather than maintaining that ball-of-the-foot connection on a pivot. In full MMA sparring he'd have been taken down pretty easily whenever he lunged on those jabs because he was on one leg with no KO power threat in his punches. Keeping his feet the way he did also meant he couldn't kick. And, as noted by the commenter, Eddie also had a bit of a guard problem, with his non-punching hand dropping on punches and his twitchy, reactive, easily-taken-advantage-of herky-jerky raising and lowering of his guard as Tom moved.

Eddie looked like a strongman who's a novice striker, and not a particularly good novice at that.

Back