Tom Aspinall confident despite ‘worst circumstances possible’ for #UFC295 title fight

Short notice title fight, worth it?

• Total voters

Cheers to Tom

tom-aspinall.gif

Hell of a fight, despite it being short notice it looked like it was good timing for Aspinall since he was in good shape and training with Verhoeven when he got the short notice offer. I had Sergei as a slight favorite since he had a full camp. Tom had some issues with Sergei's long arms early but he adjusted very well and used his speed once he got a better idea of Sergei's range to take him out. Tom looks like the most well rounded HW we've seen since like the early 2010s and he showed he's got a great chin and makes very good in fight adjustments.

Would have loved to see Tom vs a Prime Sergei K. in Pride. The Sergei that fought Rizzo and Nog.

Those fingers put Pav into the shadow realm :)

but why does his fingers look like that? his other hand doesn't even look like that. this is like when someone posted a video of Pereira shooting an arrow in Glover's backyard while Glover was BBQing and everyone talked about how bad ass Pereira was instead of why Glover's foot looked like a catcher's mitt.

besides, wasn't it a right hand that sent Sergei? those ladyfingers are on his left hand. i'm serious, look at his fucking fingers. even his hand looks weirdly skeletal. but his right hand looks normal.

Yeah big congrats to Tom. got it done in style.

He came through beautifully, and he did it where everyone said he'd fail.
Stunning ko, fast hands, great footwork.

Looks like the haters are crying in their soup, and Im about to drink it up sir lol.

He sure did, congrats to Tom.

Hell of a fight, despite it being short notice it looked like it was good timing for Aspinall since he was in good shape and training with Verhoeven when he got the short notice offer. I had Sergei as a slight favorite since he had a full camp. Tom had some issues with Sergei's long arms early but he adjusted very well and used his speed once he got a better idea of Sergei's range to take him out. Tom looks like the most well rounded HW we've seen since like the early 2010s and he showed he's got a great chin and makes very good in fight adjustments.

Yeah I was impressed with the adjustments too, and, that he was fearless after getting clipped and feeling the power. Adjusted and went for it. Impressive.

Hespect to Big Tom
I picked against him, but I knew he could win, and I knew his speed would be a major factor

I want to see them fight again

Back