(Today's) Ronda Rousey VS (UFC 1) Royce Gracie

Odd. I usually find myself to be one of the most hardcore Ronda "haters" but this question has strangely attracted more Royce answers than I expected. As much as men are far superior athletes and fighters than women, the progression of the sport cant be overstated. I think Ronda would starch Royce and it wouldnt even be close.

tell me what else you believe in?

Honda via Rambar

XddaJv9.jpg

tell me what else you believe in?

If you are so interested in me just be forward about it. I'll buy you a drink and we can be done with this charade. Hell, Ill even throw in dinner if you don't make me wear a condom.

Royce was about equal with Yoshida.

Yoshida was the Olympic male gold medal winner at 173 pounds. And twice went the distance with prime Wand.

In a thousand years Rousey could not throw Yoshida (his judo was much better, he is bigger, faster and much stronger). She could not stop his throws. And if prime Wand couldn't hurt him with strikes, she'd do nothing at all to him.

So how do you think Rousey would do against a guy who was Yoshida's equal? Or just watch the clip of her grappling with Mousassi (who gets thrown around by Yoshida in grappling). Royce would win, and very easily.

Royce Via Armbar

Have to give UFC credit. Without them throwing out all this non sense about Ronda beating men, this thread wouldn't even exist

Personally, I think Ronda would toss his ass and win by tko or decision.
He could never take her down, and her striking today is better than his was 20 years ago. His only advantages are size (only 25 lbs) and obviously bjj. But let's not forget that Ronda is not remotely a slouch in bjj. If she were belted in bjj right now, she'd have a black belt without question.

Someone tell me how Royce would win besides "he has testicles". Because if all you've got is "he's a man" then get out of the conversation.

Royce was like 6'1" for starters. The height alone is too much for 5'6" ronda when Royce be throwing them front kicks.

Royce and and anyone from ufc 1 would beat her

im pretty sure both Royce and Shammy would win this fight.

Personally, I think Ronda would toss his ass and win by tko or decision.
He could never take her down, and her striking today is better than his was 20 years ago. His only advantages are size (only 25 lbs) and obviously bjj. But let's not forget that Ronda is not remotely a slouch in bjj. If she were belted in bjj right now, she'd have a black belt without question.

Someone tell me how Royce would win besides "he has testicles". Because if all you've got is "he's a man" then get out of the conversation.

Someone has forgotten that this is a fist fight between a trained man and a female. Go have a look at Royce Gracie's record.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Royce-Gracie-19

Then do yourself a favor and go watch his fight with this guy, a guy who as a Judoka would shit all over Ronda Rousey, not mention punch her face off. I know mma math is silly normally but I'm try to help you out a little here...it's a little clearer how things would go when you try to imagine Ronda lasting more than 30 seconds with Yoshida...which she wouldn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidehiko_Yoshida

I must reiterate, this is SO DUMB.

Last edited:
Nevermind Royce vs Ronda. Gordeau vs Ronda would be first degree murder literally

Royce would easily win.

It's a trained man vs a trained woman. She doesn't stand much of a chance. Royce is a good Black Belt in BJJ. It's not like he's an Amateur MMA Male from the bottom of the barrel... He also has a significant strength and reach advantage. No contest.

Rousey would lose to all including Art Jimmerson.

Back