(Today's) Ronda Rousey VS (UFC 1) Royce Gracie

Ronda. Much more well rounded skill set. Royce would lay down and spread his leg immediately to avoid getting thrown and then Ronda would submit him by pulling his jockstrap...

Personally, I think Ronda would toss his ass and win by tko or decision.
He could never take her down, and her striking today is better than his was 20 years ago. His only advantages are size (only 25 lbs) and obviously bjj. But let's not forget that Ronda is not remotely a slouch in bjj. If she were belted in bjj right now, she'd have a black belt without question.

Someone tell me how Royce would win besides "he has testicles". Because if all you've got is "he's a man" then get out of the conversation.

You know, testicles actually help in fighting. She would give her the mousasi treatment

[Yt]o9xjs2fWJEs[/MEDIA]

tumblr_inline_n47sheJ5Xq1qafrh6.gif

Remember play fighting your dad, when he would put his hand on your forehead while you were swinging wildly away? I don't either, but you get my drift.

Royce destroys her easily too many new noobs on here.

I hate that Ronda vs Men is a thing now. Who started this?

LOL - you guys think Ken Shamrock would have lost to Ronda ? Forget Royce. My gosh, the Ronda jerk fest is going to unprecedented levels.

People who say Royce, didn't watch ufc1 or know the history of mma at all.

Royce would win! He would be juice to the gills.

I could see Ronda beating Art Jimmerson. Everyone else on that card would destroy her especially Gerard Gordeau.

Send this thread to the Wasteland.

Thought i'd bump this up and see what people are thinking today.

Ronda = Royce IMO. Wmma is in its infancy.

People have really forgotten two key points about UFC 1.

1) Skill sets were nowhere near well rounded. There were strikers who didn't have a clue about grappling. Grapplers who couldn't wrestle their way out of a paper bag. And Wrestlers who didn't know a thing about submissions or striking.

2) Rule set. Groin strikes. Enough said.

Rousey beats a good chunk of them simply due to many of them having NO wrestling or grappling, and holds her own against the rest due to the lack of testicles.

Pulling guard sounds great and all until Rousey is soccer kicking and punching you in the gonads.

Jimmerson gets tossed on his head and submitted very quickly. One boxing glove? Really?

People need to actually rewatch UFC 1 before they make such broad comments as "Rousey loses to all of them".

Thought i'd bump this up and see what people are thinking today.

Ronda = Royce IMO. Wmma is in its infancy.

sort of...

but the point of the thread was actually to have you, as a spectator, legitimately ponder whether Ronda Rousey could beat Royce Gracie in an MMA match...which is borderline retarded.

The fact that people are actually entertaining this question seriously, and that some people in this thread really think Ronda could beat any version of Royce (let alone last a minute with him) is beyond eye opening regarding how out of touch with reality SD really is.

she'd probably knock him out lol

gracies dont train stand up

Do you guys have any idea how crazy you had to be to fight in the early UFC? There was no rules, two men enter, one man leaves!

Call you local cable provider and order this freakshow today! They'll never let us do this again!

People have really forgotten two key points about UFC 1.

1) Skill sets were nowhere near well rounded. There were strikers who didn't have a clue about grappling. Grapplers who couldn't wrestle their way out of a paper bag. And Wrestlers who didn't know a thing about submissions or striking.

2) Rule set. Groin strikes. Enough said.

Rousey beats a good chunk of them simply due to many of them having NO wrestling or grappling, and holds her own against the rest due to the lack of testicles.

Pulling guard sounds great and all until Rousey is soccer kicking and punching you in the gonads.

Jimmerson gets tossed on his head and submitted very quickly. One boxing glove? Really?

People need to actually rewatch UFC 1 before they make such broad comments as "Rousey loses to all of them".

I don't know what happened...maybe people just forget the differences between men and women physically, maybe the UFC has somehow convinced people with their nonsense cross-gender talk regarding Rousey...I don't know. It's getting really weird.

Back