(Today's) Ronda Rousey VS (UFC 1) Royce Gracie

Personally, I think Ronda would toss his ass and win by tko or decision.
He could never take her down, and her striking today is better than his was 20 years ago. His only advantages are size (only 25 lbs) and obviously bjj. But let's not forget that Ronda is not remotely a slouch in bjj. If she were belted in bjj right now, she'd have a black belt without question.

She'd fall into the dime a dozen BB group. Royse is a high level BB. It would be like a blue belt vs a black belt.

With todays nutrition and training regimen, I'd say it's closer than you may think. Her hands are improved and I could see her rocking Royce and getting a tko.

Appropriate, seeing the overall skill lvl of wmma is at about ufc1 quality.

Honda via Rambar

XddaJv9.jpg

Ronda on the set of FF looking saucy. She even makes Vin Diesel look emasculated there. Or is it just the lighting after a good workout like some of these fools think?

Royce was small for UFC 1 and didn't have a well rounded skill set.

That said he was 178 lbs and Royce could take punishment. Even if she hit him or caught an arm bar I'd see Royce being able to power his way out (as much bigger fighters typically can, go watch pride open weight class stuff). It would be just a matter of time before he would be able to drag her to the ground and choke her out.

Could Ronda win? Yeah, she's always got a shot but not a good one against Royce then or even Royce today.

As others have mentioned the UFC has done a great job promoting Ronda with people even thinking questions like this are serious.

Plus, Ronda doesn't fight people on steroids, remember?

Nevermind Royce vs Ronda. Gordeau vs Ronda would be first degree murder literally

I'm so glad Gordeau faded away quickly, he was one of the dirtiest fighters. You are correct, he would probably literally murder her. No, that's not a misuse of literally.

Last edited:
I cant' believe even one single person on an MMA forum believes that Ronda Rousey could beat Royce Gracie.

You guys realize he submitted Ken Shamrock, right? Royce would submit Ronda within the first minute.

Someone has forgotten that this is a fist fight between a trained man and a female. Go have a look at Royce Gracie's record.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Royce-Gracie-19

Then do yourself a favor and go watch his fight with this guy, a guy who as a Judoka would shit all over Ronda Rousey, not mention punch her face off. I know mma math is silly normally but I'm try to help you out a little here...it's a little clearer how things would go when you try to imagine Ronda lasting more than 30 seconds with Yoshida...which she wouldn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidehiko_Yoshida

I must reiterate, this is SO DUMB.

I think this discussion is over.

Royce submits her via triangle...with his balls in her face

With todays nutrition and training regimen, I'd say it's closer than you may think. Her hands are improved and I could see her rocking Royce and getting a tko.

I am so relieved. All this time I thought you were retarded but now I see youre just a passionate troll. Faith in humanity restored 0.05%

GTFO with these stupid ass threads

Hi you must be new to sherdog

Each time you respond it brings the thread back to the top.
Also, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. Thats all for todays lesson..

I don't think every rousey fan has an iq above 20 combined

Back