To Live and and Die in L.A -- is the Place to be...

Your traffic is nothing. I have been there. NYC has you beat. You may have lots of cars, but at least you guys are still moving.

OKay-Face-Facebook-Code.jpg

That's another thing about NYC. Not having a car, I would hate life if I had to take public transportation.

Trust me you wont feel that way when you see millions of others doing it too. You will see guys in business suits, fashion models, and you will think you are amongst A-list.

Our public transportation traffic is real bad too at times. You can be waiting in a very crowded underground station that is very humid, for a long time for the train to come that is if it comes. You never know when someone pushes someone onto an incoming train, effectively shutting down that train for the whole day.

That's another thing about NYC. Not having a car, I would hate life if I had to take public transportation.

I used to feel the same way. Mostly due to not wanting to share personal space with people. Been riding a rail several times a month now and it's nice not having to constantly focus on the road. And I can get as impaired as needed before arriving at my destination.

Trust me you wont feel that way when you see millions of others doing it too. You will see guys in business suits, fashion models, and you will think you are amongst A-list.

Our public transportation traffic is real bad too at times. You can be waiting in a very crowded underground station that is very humid, for a long time for the train to come that is if it comes. You never know when someone pushes someone onto an incoming train, effectively shutting down that train for the whole day.

I'd rather bite the bullet in traffic then have to deal with other people early in the morning and late in the afternoon. Which I do, I take the 405s daily. There is nothing like driving your own car and having that sense of independence. One main reason why I could never live in NYC, that and the weather is terrible.

Your traffic is nothing. I have been there. NYC has you beat. You may have lots of cars, but at least you guys are still moving.

That's a gif!

You guys have options with public transportation. LA public transportation is light years behind NYc.

Also sucks trying to move through a subway after you got some late night eating after a club. Getting on a subway at 3am is garbage.

Haters are gonna hate. There's a reason there are so many transplants from other places here and it's because they are coming from a place that sucks.

btw I would add Cal-Tech and the Claremont Colleges to your institutions of higher learning
CalTech, Pomona, Harvey Mudd, and Claremont McKenna shit on UCLA and USC in terms of general academic prestige, so yeah, I would definitely add those. Nevertheless, I don't see why anyone who wasn't attending college would care.

Photoshop.
You think that pic Mushishi posted is photoshopped? Not at all. 8-Lane wide interstate each way runs all through the LA area (with plenty of multi-lane underpass highways). And it's crammed like every day.

We're L.A., don't worry about us.

L.A. is everything. It's blue-collar. It's glitz and glamour. It's hood. It's nature. It's seedy. It's Disneyland. It's art and culture happening in the now. It's America, 15 years in the future. It's the edge of Western Civilization. L.A. is chaos. And I love it.

lol

Ok.

I hope you guys fall off America and sink into the ocean.

First, no it doesn't. Traffic even in Manhattan is always moving. Grab a cab and you'll see that. In LA or the SD area you will literally sit at some stoplights for half an hour or more waiting your turn to get out if you hit them at the wrong time of day. Traffic on the interstate crawls.

There's the second point. In New York you're rarely traveling more than a few miles. In LA you'll find yourself averaging 15mph over a 25 mile distance. Fun.

You think that pic Mushishi posted is photoshopped? Not at all. 8-Lane wide interstate each way runs all through the LA area (with plenty of multi-lane underpass highways). And it's crammed like every day.

are you serious ? 8 lines on each ways ? I've seen 5 to 6 but this picture is like 10 lines on each side. It's crazy if real. I didn't know it could even be possible.

Don't come here. We don't want you.

image_preview

Unless you came out there for fame and fortune or don't have any other place to go why would you want to live in the literal rat race?

But I suspect this isn't real though - close but not real.

I'd rather bite the bullet in traffic then have to deal with other people early in the morning and late in the afternoon. Which I do, I take the 405s daily. There is nothing like driving your own car and having that sense of independence. One main reason why I could never live in NYC, that and the weather is terrible.

I live in one of the top ten of greenest city in America so thanks but no thanks to both your towering metropolises of the modern era.

"I asked a gas station employee if he ever had trouble breathing... And he said, it varies from season to season."

"It's a lovely summer's day and I can almost see a skyline through a thickening shroud of egos.... Is this the city of angels or demons?"

"The highways are always creeping... even when the population is sleeping."

I can't see why you'd want to live there...

CalTech, Pomona, Harvey Mudd, and Claremont McKenna shit on UCLA and USC in terms of general academic prestige, so yeah, I would definitely add those. Nevertheless, I don't see why anyone who wasn't attending college would care.

People don't go to those school's for humanities. Not to mention Caltech doesn't offer a bachelor of arts. The school is a powerhouse for math and science. Plus, UCLA,SC have medical school's and law school's, that ranked quite high in the country.

Back