To Live and and Die in L.A -- is the Place to be...

Dumbest shit I've read today.

....San Diego Military?

Naval Base San Diego, sometimes called 32nd Street Naval Station, is the largest base of the United States Navy in San Diego, California. Naval Base San Diego is the principal homeport of the Pacific Fleet, consisting of 50 ships and over 120 tenant commands. The base is composed of 13 piers stretched over 977 acres (3.95 km2) of land and 326 acres (1.32 km2) of water. The total on base population is 20,000 military personnel and 6,000 civilians.

Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton

Well next time you drive out to somewhere, count the number of cars/trucks with Tapout stickers driven by guys with crew cuts

Well I don't live there anymore, guess I just never noticed. Still don't get why that would bother you, I was all over when I lived there and never had an issue with anybody sporting a crew cut.

Ok I just remembered a buddy of mine telling me about getting jumped by some marines in Oceanside.. but he's kind of a dick so I'm sure it wasn't for nothing.

"Tip the world over on its side and everything loose will land in Los Angeles."
Frank Lloyd Wright

"Los Angeles was the kind of place where everybody was from somewhere else and nobody really droppped anchor. It was a transient place. People drawn by the dream, people running from the nightmare. Twelve million people and all of them ready to make a break for it if necessary. Figuratively, literally, metaphorically -- any way you want to look at it -- everbody in L.A. keeps a bag packed. Just in case."

Michael Connelly, The Brass Verdict

enhanced-buzz-22045-1363138744-1.jpg

Good old LA. If your destination more than 30 miles way from your location, fuck it, ain't no body got time for that, might as well be on the other side of the planet.

California : The rest of the U.S.
::
The U.S. : The rest of the world

I guess I figured you would elaborate based on the strength of your opinion..

Sure.

Places to live. LA/LA County is massive. You can find different towns that suits your life. Not saying San Diego doesn't have this, I feel LA has far more options.

Nightlife- Hollywood, Downtown LA, Santa Monica, Malibu. People from all over the world come to have the experience of LA's nightlife.

Better institutions for higher learning. UCLA,USC,Pepperdine,LMU.

Better Food. LA is one of the hotbeds for some of best restaurants in the country. I believe it is also more diverse in terms of more choices in terms of food.

"Hollywood" is everyone from around the world that want's to be in show biz.

L.A. is more than Hollywood.

Sure.

Places to live. LA/LA County is massive. You can find different towns that suits your life. Not saying San Diego doesn't have this, I feel LA has far more options.

Nightlife- Hollywood, Downtown LA, Santa Monica, Malibu. People from all over the world come to have the experience of LA's nightlife.

Better institutions for higher learning. UCLA,USC,Pepperdine,LMU.

Better Food. LA is one of the hotbeds for some of best restaurants in the country. I believe it is also more diverse in terms of more choices in terms of food.

Haters are gonna hate. There's a reason there are so many transplants from other places here and it's because they are coming from a place that sucks.

btw I would add Cal-Tech and the Claremont Colleges to your institutions of higher learning

If you're young and love the club scene, Hollywood is fantastic.

Hollywood is definitely the "default" club scene for me. I'm starting to get into more places further West and even in Downtown.

Back