To Everyone Saying Jones is Cherrypicking Stipe

Is it that? Or is it that the interim champ wants to fight the champ and unify the belt?

Jones fans are not very smart today, apparently.
I'm not even a Jones fan. Jones is not the champ. He beat Gane for a fake belt.

Ngannou was the rightful champ and left.

Aspinal needs to beat top level competition in order to be considered champ.

Jones is just doing side quests at this point.

at the end of the day Jones will always be talked about in GOAT contention either way. He has already beaten everyone he has fought. and the list of names on his resume is best in the history of the sport. for me personally I'd like to see him fight Stipe. Then possibly Poatan at HW. the aspinall fight doesnt intrigue me as much as the other two. the only reason aspinall has a "belt" is because they ufc needed a title fight on the MSG card.

I was positive the post would just say

You’re right!

Alas, I was wrong

I would love to know how you think Jon is a fake champ for fighting Gane and Stipe and Ngannou is the real champ for fighting Gane and Stipe.
I’m not saying I necessarily agree but I don’t really believe you need this to be explained. Time and place. He’s not the real champ for fighting Gane. He’s the real champ for beating Stipe who was champ.

He's literally trying to fight the champ. The champ does not want to fight the interim champ.

False equivalency. Fuck off.
Bingo. The concept of an interim belt being defended is absurd. The UFC is literally trying to act like there are two HW champs right now because they likely know that Jones only wants to fight Stipe and then he's almost certainly retiring. Which is fine. Whatever. If Jones wants Stipe for his legacy, fine. He's earned the right to do whatever he wants. But he doesn't need a belt to do that. There's an interim champ. The interim champ wants to fight the champ to unify the belts. The champ wants no part of it. Fine. Strip the champ. Problem solved. He can still fight Stipe and then retire. The division is allowed to move on in the meantime instead of waiting for a fight that no one really cares about. Jones vs. Stipe a few years ago? Awesome. Jones vs. Stipe now with him on the wrong side of 40, semi-retired, and getting KTFO last time out which was 2+ years ago? No one cares.

Jones doesn't have anything else to prove but aspinal thinks he has the privilege to choose

Neither of them have the privilege to choose. One is the champ and the other is the interim champ. They're supposed to fight each other next lol.

Aspinall defending interim belt against some contender next is just as stupid as Jones waiting out to defend the belt against a guy who hasn't fought since he got KOd 3 years ago.

Neither of them have the privilege to choose. One is the champ and the other is the interim champ. They're supposed to fight each other next lol.

Aspinall defending interim belt against some contender next is just as stupid as Jones waiting out to defend the belt against a guy who hasn't fought since he got KOd 3 years ago.

Like i said, Jones has a paper belt and is just having fun at this point. Aspinal has to do what the UFC tells him to do and fight whoever is in front of you. Then he'll build his legacy as a HW champ

I’m not saying I necessarily agree but I don’t really believe you need this to be explained. Time and place. He’s not the real champ for fighting Gane. He’s the real champ for beating Stipe who was champ.
And Ngannou left.

So please explain to me like I'm 5 how Jon doesn't prove he's the champ by fighting the very same guys Ngannou fought to be considered champ.

If Jon had just skipped Gane you guys would be throwing some other hissy fit about how he didn't fight the guy who arguably beat Ngannou in Ngannou's last title fight.

at the end of the day Jones will always be talked about in GOAT contention either way. He has already beaten everyone he has fought. and the list of names on his resume is best in the history of the sport. for me personally I'd like to see him fight Stipe. Then possibly Poatan at HW. the aspinall fight doesnt intrigue me as much as the other two. the only reason aspinall has a "belt" is because they ufc needed a title fight on the MSG card.
Poatan lmfao. You Jones dickriders are absolutely shameless at this point.

Of course that interests you more than Aspinall does. Jones has an almost 100% chance to beat Poatan, who makes Ciryl Gane look like a wizard on the ground

Against Aspinall, Jones gets KTFO in under 90 seconds. You want Jones to fight anybody but him. You'll be advocating for a legacy fight with Mark fucking Coleman next.

I like how all the people are ignoring that:

- Aspinall was the backup backup fighter
- Aspinall won the interim off another backup fighter, not the original challenger like usually happens
- interim titles are created to save PPVs and ticket prices, not because they're needed divisionally

The situation exists because they made the interim belt be Aspinall/Sergei out of left field and not Stipe/Sergei like had already been agreed upon as Sergei was the official backup fighter for Jon/Stipe. When normal interim shit like Tony/Gaethje happens we KNOW we don't go ahead with Tony still getting a title shot over the guy he just lost to.

It's fucking great Aspinall won. Don't get me wrong, he SHOULD be the #1 contender wins wise. His interim belt is completely meaningless garbage though.

Tired of hearing about Stipe. The guy is 3/4s the way out the door. He doesnt want to fight. He never does fight. Just sits around waiting for title shots he doesnt deserve.

He's literally trying to fight the champ. The champ does not want to fight the interim champ.

False equivalency. Fuck off.
I would agree with your reasoning if it wasn't for the fact that it makes no sense to have an interim/paper champ 8 months after the champ defended the belt. Aspinall will get to fight for the belt soon enough, so I don't quite see why people are whining so much.

Jon literally has the better win. When did Aspinall ever beat #1 like Jon did?

Jon was injured in November and will be back this summer.

The selfish one is you who simply don't want your fighter to have to fight Jon where the chances of a loss are so far 100%.

Sad.
Sergei is a much better win than Gane. Gane has looked rough in every performance since he fought Lewis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Víctor Hugo Teco
Back