• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News TKO Group Plans to 'Make every UFC fan a WWE fan'

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...c-crossover-plans-tko-group-holdings-endeavor

Also talk about plans to hold UFC and WWE events on same weekend at same location to negotiate larger site fees and to transition aging UFC stars into WWE.

It's really funny because when this merger was announced so many people just wanted to keep their head in the sand with comments like 'Endeavour is just buying WWE - it won't mean anything for UFC'.

So many people still haven't got their head around the significance of the fact that UFC and WWE are now simply two brands of the same larger company.
It won’t happen but please don’t try.

Relax people, Uncle Fester ain't down with this

Man, events are long enough as it is, it's gonna suck if we start getting constant WWE shit advertised.

We already have a fake BMF belt so we're on our way to WWE.

Haha, try it. WWE is the lamest shit ever, I used to love WWF as a kid, absolutely loved it, but anyone over 14 who still likes it is weird (and I've got several 40yr old mates who do).

I second this sentiment. I grew up in the Attitude Era - I was 9 in 1999 at the height of it all. WWF was my favorite thing as a child, next to skateboarding. I stopped watching it around the age of 12 when I really started skateboarding and devouting myself to it, and that quickly became my life.

I can always tell I'm heading toward a depression when I find myself watching old Attitude Era matches. Last night I watched some ECW highlights, but don't worry guys, I'm in a good place :)

Nah, never interested me. If other people like it, great.

Finally modern day fans are being called out. All these Conor era fans are just WWE crossover fans.

“ But but but he’s not a star! He doesn’t bring the PPV’s! Press conference is gonna be awesome! He sucks on the mic! His trash talk is legendary! Fookin nuttin!”

Ufc has sucked for years. I went from watching every event from ppv to fight nights to watching like 1 event per year

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...c-crossover-plans-tko-group-holdings-endeavor

Also talk about plans to hold UFC and WWE events on same weekend at same location to negotiate larger site fees and to transition aging UFC stars into WWE.

It's really funny because when this merger was announced so many people just wanted to keep their head in the sand with comments like 'Endeavour is just buying WWE - it won't mean anything for UFC'.

So many people still haven't got their head around the significance of the fact that UFC and WWE are now simply two brands of the same larger company.
What is so weird about this is, I think the overlap between WWE fans and UFC/MMA fans is near non-existant. Like a merger between hardcore, bloody, adult fun, and childrens cartoons.

Are any of you guys fans of both?

What is so weird about this is, I think the overlap between WWE fans and UFC/MMA fans is near non-existant. Like a merger between hardcore, bloody, adult fun, and childrens cartoons.

Are any of you guys fans of both?

I've got a handful of mates who, at 40+, are weirdly WWE fanboys and only one of them has any interest in MMA. The others hate it - they have no interest in fighting / combat sports.

Ugh, Please for the love of God leave our sport alone

I second this sentiment. I grew up in the Attitude Era - I was 9 in 1999 at the height of it all. WWF was my favorite thing as a child, next to skateboarding. I stopped watching it around the age of 12 when I really started skateboarding and devouting myself to it, and that quickly became my life.

I can always tell I'm heading toward a depression when I find myself watching old Attitude Era matches. Last night I watched some ECW highlights, but don't worry guys, I'm in a good place :)
That’s funny I was 11 for all that shit in ‘99 and I too probably stopped at 13 or so and I also find myself watching old highlights sometimes.

this one time I told everyone I go y’all gotta get High and watch macho man highlights it’s the best

Let Manel Kape run a promo one WWE brother!

bQpbRS.gif

*Initially* the synergies will come behind the scenes and media rights etc but they have a lifetimes worth a quarterly earnings to justify to investors - this will go way beyond that in coming 10-15 years.

I'm not paranoid about this merger. Everything they've said so far makes sense and there isn't all that much to read into. If you want to be apprehensive, go for it.

Back