News TKO Group Plans to 'Make every UFC fan a WWE fan'

What an absolute crock of shit. I hope this nonsense backfires massively.

I have a hard time believing there is serious crossover between WWE fans and MMA. What kind of person over the age of 16 even watches WWE?
Homosexuals, why else do they wear the tightest of shorts?

hahahahahahahaha

oh wait theyre serious? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

pro wrestling is fucking stupid. i know that its connected to MMA via the early days and Sakuraba is a fuckin badass, but its always just been so dumb. roided up sweaty lowbrow theater. i liked that shit for like 5 minutes as a kid and then i saw a professional boxing match and was like "well thats way better than this stupid stuff". never gonna be a pro wrestling fan so long as actual combat sports exist. i havent met someone IRL who actually was a fan of pro wrestling since the early 2000s.

At least half the posters on here are closeted wwe fans, always complaining they are tired of fighters gimmicks or whatever and turn against those fighters like marks. Our fan bases already have enough in common

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...c-crossover-plans-tko-group-holdings-endeavor

Also talk about plans to hold UFC and WWE events on same weekend at same location to negotiate larger site fees and to transition aging UFC stars into WWE.

It's really funny because when this merger was announced so many people just wanted to keep their head in the sand with comments like 'Endeavour is just buying WWE - it won't mean anything for UFC'.

So many people still haven't got their head around the significance of the fact that UFC and WWE are now simply two brands of the same larger company.

I don't understand honestly. They're going to do mixed cards with MMA fights and catch "performances" (or whatever it's called) on the same cards ?

what's the point of that ? I won't buy something that has WWE in it

And basically it confirms Jones next fight is the last and he goes to WWE after that

I don't really know what it's like being a WWE fan, except when I was a kid I thought Stone Cold Steve Austin was awesome for drinking beer and flipping everyone off. Maybe sending popular vets over to WWE might give WWE more clout, but again I'm not a current WWE fan so no clue what they like. I won't watch WWE so I dgaf what they do as long as they don't waste time of current athletes.

I can see the crossover. Wrestling is what got me into watching mma along with early 2000s boxing. Plenty of UFC fighters are pro Wrestling fans and vice versa so it's not unfathomable.

I really hope other orgs will grow. The UFC slowly turns to shit in front of our eyes.

I only have so much time in the week for watching sports. Using some of that time to watch WWE, even with a bunch of cross-overs from MMA, seems unlikely. Sitting through all the walkouts and commentary is painful but worth it once the fight starts. I've been watching UFC too long to care about a pre-fight break down of every fighter. What's the payoff in the WWE once I've slogged through all the blathering and the fight finally starts.

It's like when Strikeforce was purchased and all the parrots were squawking "Business as usual!"
Good point, very true. I remember that time well, people were talking in terms of UFC champions vs Strikeforce champions and how awesome this could be and it was great news to have 2 big orgs and fighters could be traded etc etc ................... that excitement sure didn't last long

Not sure how well that will work. I could see the other way around working, I think a lot of mma fans used to be pro wrestling fans at one point. I was when I was quite a bit younger, but now I just plain can’t take it seriously.

I don’t watch pro wrestling, but the scoffing some MMA fans do over it is funny to me lol. “Any grown man yadda yadda”. Hey, a lot of grown men and women with a good head on their shoulders watch it. Who gives a crap? Doesn’t speak anything about their character ya donkey.

Btw, I’m good on crossing over though. Looks way more lame these days than what it was when I was a kid.

As someone who still keeps somewhat up to date with WWE and watches the big events... please no. Let them be separate entities

They can fuck themselves with a rusty hammer. I grew out of that stupid WWE shit 25 years ago when I was 12

Back