TJ Dillashaw's Suspension: Why EPO Is Such A Disgraceful Banned Substance For An MMA Fighter

You can get it on the dark web too, but the thing is even the real shit can kill you. Too many red blood cells thickens your blood and stresses your heart. There were a handful of 20-30 cyclists who died from causes that COULD be attributed to EPO.

High hematocrit is what it’s called. Couldn’t think of it earlier

This is all true. The recommendation is to periodically get a blood test and donate blood if the red blood cell count gets too high.

yeah being the best possible physical version of yourself is such a disgrace. Meanwhile Captain America gets to be an Avenger because of it

As some might remember Sonnen claimed he got his EPO (and HGH) from "his" doctor.. so TJ might have hooked up with the same generous doctor then.
“First off, none of them were illegal, and none of them were steroids, but I've never offered a defense. I turned in my prescriptions. I got this from the doctor, this is valid stuff, but these are still against the rules,” he continued.
/"I didn't take anything illegal, but I'm getting technical here. I'm wrong."
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/chael-sonnen-admits-knew-doing-233257199--mma.html

A bit more..:
Sonnen's team also introduced prescriptions from his doctor for all drugs he failed for,
/Commissioner Pat Lundvall questioned Sonnen on why he was prescribed five different drugs, all considered performance-enhancing by nature, from three separate doctors.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ear-suspension-no-fine-for-five-drug-failures

How do you con your way to get EPO from a doctor..

Last edited:
I try not to judge people, or more importantly to take joy from their downfall, but it’s kinda great that he got skunked by Cejudo right before this happened. He was desperate to get that KO back, and now it’s gonna stick in his craw for the next couple years.

You might be surprised to learn, a lot of people didn't care about Lance Armstrong
Lance was the best. The whole peloton was a Tropicana processing plant. He was the best of that competing group of people.

He was not alone.

If i was rich I would be on every PED just to be a super human essentially.

This is all true. The recommendation is to periodically get a blood test and donate blood if the red blood cell count gets too high.

donating blood wont help, if anything that will make it worse because when you have blood loss your body naturally generates even more blood cells of its own. The last thing you want when your hematocrit is high is the body making more rbc's :D

best solution is iv infusion of ideally plasma (you withdraw blood when you arent doping, spin off the plasma to separate it). then infuse the plasma to balance out the rbc's.

A lot of athletes will do this anyway as part of an epo program. the plasma increases the hb volume, keeps the hematocrit down. So you withdraw your own blood, centrifuge it to spin off the plasma. and then you keep the plasma in store and re-inject that with the epo so you balance out your hct.

failing that IV infusion of just regular water/saline

The real question is, is he allowed to pulse it now?

The synthetic hormone is used to stimulate the body’s production of red blood cells. It increases oxygen transport and aerobic power in the body. It is classified with Peptide Hormones, Growth Factors, Related Substances, and Mimetics.

explains pretty much tj`s fighting style. xD

LMAO where the hell have you been? Ever heard of Lance Armstrong? Anybody with a mild internet in sports should know all about EPO just from the armstrong shit.
I know Armstrong and I know the case just didn’t know the blood bag terminology . I know what it is now .

Same with TRT. My stupid ass doctor never even warned me about it, I had to discover it when I googled why I was so tired for no reason some days after I started TRT. To your point, the reason the cyclists may have died is that donating blood is counter active to the benefits of cheating with EPO.

yes, if you dont know what you are doing its dangerous

countless cyclists in the 90's through to the 2000's died from epo use

it increases your red blood cells, the more red blood cells you have the thicker your blood gets

the thicker your blood gets, the harder it is for the heart to pump it round the body

if you get it wrong, stroke or heart attack is a serious possibility.

ever wonder how so many seemingly fit 20 year old footballers suddenly drop dead in football matches..?

Wow I never even thought about this. I remember seeing this guy there was another one a few years ago too do you think it's EPO related?

If you get a chance watch the documentaries on Lance Armstrong

The Armstrong Lie and Stop at Nothing. He used EPO - gives some insight in to how it is like always having your tank full.

Ruined at least 1 career via long extended pushing the pace type of fight (Renan) and probably another (Cody).

What a scumbag

the-new-season-of-nickelodeons-doug-looks-really--2-29209-1412261536-19_dblbig.jpg
Nostalgia. I was 10 years old again for about 10 seconds.

Back