TJ Dillashaw: USADA retested every one of my previous sample

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

T.J. Dillashaw says the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency has revisited every one of his previously collected samples in the wake of testing positive for erythropoietin, more commonly known as EPO.

Dillashaw (16-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) returns from a two-year USADA suspension to face rising star Cory Sandhagen (14-2 MMA, 7-1 UFC) in the main event of UFC on ESPN 27 on Saturday, where he hopes to cement himself as the UFC bantamweight division’s No. 1 contender.

The former two-time UFC champion is well aware that he likely tainted his legacy when he popped for EPO in January 2019, but assures that it was a one-time mistake made when he was struggling to make the flyweight limit in a title-fight loss to then-champion Henry Cejudo.

So while he knows many are likely doubting his history as a clean fighter, Dillashaw says USADA has already made sure that the rest of his track record has been clean.

“People can go say whatever they want, and more power to them, that’s the decision I made, but USADA actually put me under a microscope after I got in trouble, man,” Dillashaw told Brendan Schaub on the latest edition of “Food Truck Diaries.” “They went back to all my fights that they ever collected my samples and retested all of them all the way back to my (Raphael) Assuncao fight after (Dominick) Cruz because they keep an A and B sample every time you get tested.”

He continued, “No matter what, it’s going to be like that. I made the mistake. That’s like USADA’s weapon to use against you, to really slander you so no one else wants to do this sh-t. Those questions are valid because I f-cked up, I made the decision. But me being able to live with that, me owning up to it has made it f-cking easy.”

Having been away from the sport for over two years, Dillashaw says he isn’t here to play catch up. He knows Sandhagen is a tough outing for his return but is confident in his abilities, which once had him dubbed as one of the greatest bantamweights of all time.

“If I thought I got somewhere because of PEDs, I wouldn’t be calling out Cory Sandhagen,” Dillashaw said. “I wouldn’t be asking for someone in the top five. I wouldn’t let it be known that I’m getting my belt back. I’m going to be a f-cking animal when I get back in the cage.”

He continued, “They tried to offer me fights that weren’t top five, and I said no. I want someone top five. Dude, I’m coming back. I’m 35 years old. I want my belt back. I never lost it. I’m here to prove a point that I’m the best in the world, and what better way to do it then get back right to the top? Cory Sandhagen is a great opponent. I trained a ton with him. He’s a great athlete, but it’s a great fight for me. Him being No. 1 contender, it’s a great fight for me to win, come back, prove my worth and get my belt back as soon as Aljamain (Sterling) and (Petr) Yan figure out their deal.”

Dillashaw used his striking to win the title both times, but going up against a tricky and well-versed striker in Sandhagen, he expects the threat of his wrestling to dictate the fight.

“Wrestling is a big factor in this,” Dillashaw said. “Not only the fact that I can outwrestle him but that I can take the fight wherever. He’s got to respect that. You don’t respect it, he’s going to end up on his back. He starts disrespecting my wrestling, I’m going to put him on his back from knocking him out, as well.”

He continued, “Yeah the wrestling plays a factor, but it plays a factor in that I can take it anywhere, and I have the utmost confidence in me outstriking Cory, as well, because of the wrestling.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021...revious-samples/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Just pay off someone in usada as a fighter and you should be fiiine.

It's hard to believe someone once they're caught. He could still be on gear and it wouldn't help him none this coming weekend. I'm putting a few hundred on Cory, straight bet and TKO.

I'm personally not a fan of TJ and think his antics are cringe as fuck, but i respect him for having the integrity to own up to what he did from the day he got busted.

Lol, he wouldn't have said shit if he didn't get caught.

Now we're going with this "integrity" narrative?

The tainted supplements excuse doesn't work. As far as I know, EPO can only be injected.

I'm personally not a fan of TJ and think his antics are cringe as fuck, but i respect him for having the integrity to own up to what he did from the day he got busted.

Lol, all he's admitting to is exactly what he got caught for. Former team mates of his had been calling him out for years for abusing PED's, being on EPO etc. Cody Garbrandt, Urijah Faber, Chris Holdsworth all suggested Cody was not fighting clean. I highly doubt he got caught the first, one and only, time he used it..

The only reason he "owned up to it" was because he had zero plausible deniability

EPO is such an expensive and concentrated substance that it is impossible for it to ever be found in tainted meat or supplements. It's also something only an expert chemist would be able to provide and monitor, since the slightest error in dosage could lead to blood clots, heart attacks etc.

If he tested positive for an estrogen blocker or clenbuterol, I guarantee he'd be blaming tainted supplements.

Release the results and levels of all your previous test.

I bet we find something of interest in those.

also what were the stipulations of retesting the samples ?

The only reason he "owned up to it" was because he had zero plausible deniability

EPO is such an expensive and concentrated substance that it is impossible for it to ever be found in tainted meat or supplements.

If he tested positive for an estrogen blocker or clenbuterol, I guarantee he'd be blaming tainted supplements.

To tack on to all these replies as a slight tangent,

It's way easier to beat testing than the average person thinks. The average person who watches MMA or the Olympics is fucking clueless actually.

T.J. Dillashaw says the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency has revisited every one of his previously collected samples in the wake of testing positive for erythropoietin, more commonly known as EPO.

Dillashaw (16-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) returns from a two-year USADA suspension to face rising star Cory Sandhagen (14-2 MMA, 7-1 UFC) in the main event of UFC on ESPN 27 on Saturday, where he hopes to cement himself as the UFC bantamweight division’s No. 1 contender.

The former two-time UFC champion is well aware that he likely tainted his legacy when he popped for EPO in January 2019, but assures that it was a one-time mistake made when he was struggling to make the flyweight limit in a title-fight loss to then-champion Henry Cejudo.

So while he knows many are likely doubting his history as a clean fighter, Dillashaw says USADA has already made sure that the rest of his track record has been clean.

“People can go say whatever they want, and more power to them, that’s the decision I made, but USADA actually put me under a microscope after I got in trouble, man,” Dillashaw told Brendan Schaub on the latest edition of “Food Truck Diaries.” “They went back to all my fights that they ever collected my samples and retested all of them all the way back to my (Raphael) Assuncao fight after (Dominick) Cruz because they keep an A and B sample every time you get tested.”

He continued, “No matter what, it’s going to be like that. I made the mistake. That’s like USADA’s weapon to use against you, to really slander you so no one else wants to do this sh-t. Those questions are valid because I f-cked up, I made the decision. But me being able to live with that, me owning up to it has made it f-cking easy.”

Having been away from the sport for over two years, Dillashaw says he isn’t here to play catch up. He knows Sandhagen is a tough outing for his return but is confident in his abilities, which once had him dubbed as one of the greatest bantamweights of all time.

“If I thought I got somewhere because of PEDs, I wouldn’t be calling out Cory Sandhagen,” Dillashaw said. “I wouldn’t be asking for someone in the top five. I wouldn’t let it be known that I’m getting my belt back. I’m going to be a f-cking animal when I get back in the cage.”

He continued, “They tried to offer me fights that weren’t top five, and I said no. I want someone top five. Dude, I’m coming back. I’m 35 years old. I want my belt back. I never lost it. I’m here to prove a point that I’m the best in the world, and what better way to do it then get back right to the top? Cory Sandhagen is a great opponent. I trained a ton with him. He’s a great athlete, but it’s a great fight for me. Him being No. 1 contender, it’s a great fight for me to win, come back, prove my worth and get my belt back as soon as Aljamain (Sterling) and (Petr) Yan figure out their deal.”

Dillashaw used his striking to win the title both times, but going up against a tricky and well-versed striker in Sandhagen, he expects the threat of his wrestling to dictate the fight.

“Wrestling is a big factor in this,” Dillashaw said. “Not only the fact that I can outwrestle him but that I can take the fight wherever. He’s got to respect that. You don’t respect it, he’s going to end up on his back. He starts disrespecting my wrestling, I’m going to put him on his back from knocking him out, as well.”

He continued, “Yeah the wrestling plays a factor, but it plays a factor in that I can take it anywhere, and I have the utmost confidence in me outstriking Cory, as well, because of the wrestling.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021...revious-samples/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Ok, but there’s masking agents and techniques to avoid detection. If you get caught one time, that doesn’t mean every time you’ve tested clean you weren’t cheating.

That’s like stealing from a store 100 times, and then getting caught on the 101st theft attempt. Just because nobody knows about the first 100 and they have no evidence doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

I want to see the best product available, legalize it

Yes, as we know, PED's always produce the best results possible.

maxresdefault.jpg

Lol, he wouldn't have said shit if he didn't get caught.

Now we're going with this "integrity" narrative?

The tainted supplements excuse doesn't work. As far as I know, EPO can only be injected.

Lol, all he's admitting to is exactly what he got caught for. Former team mates of his had been calling him out for years for abusing PED's, being on EPO etc. Cody Garbrandt, Urijah Faber, Chris Holdsworth all suggested Cody was not fighting clean. I highly doubt he got caught the first, one and only, time he used it..

EPO is such an expensive and concentrated substance that it is impossible for it to ever be found in tainted meat or supplements. It's also something only an expert chemist would be able to provide and monitor, since the slightest error in dosage could lead to blood clots, heart attacks etc.

Well then....

touché to you all...

Back