News TJ Dillashaw: “I’m obviously going to own up that I cheated and got caught.”

What's his excuse? He's not making an excuse, he's saying what he did and why. What else do you want him to say?
he's lying about both what he did and why he did it.

he's full of shit. before we praise him for being honest and owning up to his mistakes, we would like him to stop lying about them.

Is TJ the only guy to own up to using PEDs?

I wish Mr. Turinabol Jones would come out and just say it. I’d throw him a bone if he’d admit to his steroid use, but he’s just a bald face lying sack of shit.
Brian Ortega?

Plenty of people cheat people just hate TJ for it because he was so good he obviously didn’t need to do it

he's lying about both what he did and why he did it.

he's full of shit. before we praise him for being honest and owning up to his mistakes, we would like him to stop lying about them.

So, he does EPO, gets caught for EPO and then holds his hands up to it, says he wasn't going to make the cut and thus decided to use EPO to get an edge... Stop the lies!

Basically what you're saying is you believe he has used other performance enhancing drugs and he should come out and say what he did and when through out his whole career?

I think he should say that he used EPO and got gyno nips from a tainted suppliment, or a dick pill...

People really need to get over this steroid stuff, they are all on drugs, all of them. You think big fat DC can wrestle 5 rounds without gassing because he's just blessed? A doctor would class him as clinicly obese, but with drugs he can move that weight, that's all there is to it.

Every fighter does it and always have and always will

Tl;dw: Hes only admitting to epo, and that it brought him to normal red blood cells after the cut

Its a smart angle to take, idc war tj
no ones buying it, though.
V1ERlo2y2bx8NLWJKlW61_199Po_nj7ppfQd6hjhw1g.jpg

Cody called him out for EPO use well before he got caught for the Cejudo fight. We'll never truly know how many fights he used it for but it's definitely more than 1.

What's his excuse? He's not making an excuse, he's saying what he did and why. What else do you want him to say?

Naw you’re misunderstanding my post I probably worded it bad though, I’m agreeing his explanation is fair but people will complain anyways

So he must have all the equipment for that, must have blood spinners etc so he can measure hematocrit.

He revealed more than you think.

yeh, this wasnt his first time.

Its possible he used a glucose monitor as a lot of those have HCT built in now (but its really debatable how accurate it is). More likely he got a small spinner/centrifuge

he also says he did it on his own and then says that he "trusted the wrong people".. so which is it?

no ones buying it, though.
V1ERlo2y2bx8NLWJKlW61_199Po_nj7ppfQd6hjhw1g.jpg

Cody called him out for EPO use well before he got caught for the Cejudo fight. We'll never truly know how many fights he used it for but it's definitely more than 1.

Cody also said TJ taught all of TAM how to take PEDS too LOL Talk about self ownage.. Anyone who doesn't think Faber and Mendes and Garbrandt and the rest of them weren't on PEDs too is delusional. Mendes fell back on the old excuse of using a foot cream.

I always remember Sonnen saying that when caught, the first thing fighters do is jump on google to find legit medicines that have the PED in them than that's what they claim they took. :D

Last edited:
Some people still love Jones even though he constantly denies he didn't take steroids but hate TJ who is admitting he cheated and got caught.Special kind of douchebags they are

Wouldn't denying that he DIDN'T take steroids mean he admitted it?

yeh, this wasnt his first time.

Its possible he used a glucose monitor as a lot of those have HCT built in now (but its really debatable how accurate it is). More likely he got a small spinner/centrifuge

he also says he did it on his own and then says that he "trusted the wrong people".. so which is it?

Yeah just him saying 46% seemed very specific. never got higher than, it's a guess but seems he had a good handle on his measurements.

On the 2nd part i interpreted it to mean, he did it outside his "Team" but got a random outside his team to help.

So, he does EPO, gets caught for EPO and then holds his hands up to it, says he wasn't going to make the cut and thus decided to use EPO to get an edge... Stop the lies!

Basically what you're saying is you believe he has used other performance enhancing drugs and he should come out and say what he did and when through out his whole career?
you honestly can't read his statement and see how it's false? or are you just being intentionally obtuse?

he had been accused of being on EPO years before he was caught. when he was caught, it was with a test that wasn't in use before. do you think those two facts are a coincidence? cody managed to pinpoint the drug TJ would be using a few years later, by sheer dumb luck? from every possible performance enhancing drug, the guy who trained with TJ managed to nail the one he happened to take when his body "shut down"?

i don't care if he comes out and says anything, or stuffs a big purple pillow in front of his face any time there's a camera on him. he can deal with this whichever way he feels is appropriate. but when people cry about how we should respect him for owning up, he needs to actually own up first. which he didn't fucking do. he lied. he can fuck off.

and honestly, i don't even know what he could say that would somehow elicit sympathy from me. it's not like he had no choice. he did this willingly, knowing full well what it does, and with the help of EPO fucked up a lot of people in the cage. he effectively ended barao's career, as well as cody's.

People really need to get over this steroid stuff, they are all on drugs, all of them. You think big fat DC can wrestle 5 rounds without gassing because he's just blessed? A doctor would class him as clinicly obese, but with drugs he can move that weight, that's all there is to it.

well, you're entitled to your opinion and likely at least somewhat correct. a lot of guys are probably on something. but since we can't actually know for sure, i'd say a very good way to go about it is to assume that everyone who's never been caught is clean, and everyone who does test positive is a cheating fuck. it's really pretty simple.

the guy shows zero remorse and lies about his use and we should all respect him for being a man. it's laughable.

I think he should say that he used EPO and got gyno nips from a tainted suppliment, or a dick pill...

Alright Mr. Diaz.

DC wasn't a good example here. But the point is people are more pissed he is using the excuses as damage control more than being genuine. His team (Cody specifically) was stating this years ago, that TJ had been showing TAM how to do steroids and cycle. So this seems like he is lying more. I appreciate him for coming out and admitting it rather than stall everything, but there seems to be some missing info he isn't providing. Even so, innocent until guilty (in other cases for this though).

you honestly can't read his statement and see how it's false? or are you just being intentionally obtuse?

he had been accused of being on EPO years before he was caught. when he was caught, it was with a test that wasn't in use before. do you think those two facts are a coincidence? cody managed to pinpoint the drug TJ would be using a few years later, by sheer dumb luck? from every possible performance enhancing drug, the guy who trained with TJ managed to nail the one he happened to take when his body "shut down"?

i don't care if he comes out and says anything, or stuffs a big purple pillow in front of his face any time there's a camera on him. he can deal with this whichever way he feels is appropriate. but when people cry about how we should respect him for owning up, he needs to actually own up first. which he didn't fucking do. he lied. he can fuck off.

and honestly, i don't even know what he could say that would somehow elicit sympathy from me. it's not like he had no choice. he did this willingly, knowing full well what it does, and with the help of EPO fucked up a lot of people in the cage. he effectively ended barao's career, as well as cody's.

well, you're entitled to your opinion and likely at least somewhat correct. a lot of guys are probably on something. but since we can't actually know for sure, i'd say a very good way to go about it is to assume that everyone who's never been caught is clean, and everyone who does test positive is a cheating fuck. it's really pretty simple.

the guy shows zero remorse and lies about his use and we should all respect him for being a man. it's laughable.

90% of the the roster have been accused of being on one PED or another at some point in their career.. What do you want them to do, just come out and admit it if someone guesses the correct PED they're using? Just because no one comes out and says it doesn't mean fighters aren't doing it. I would be very confident that if you tested Tony Ferguson at at point in the past five years he would pop for EPO, now let's say he gets a positive test now after the Cowboy fight for it, do you want him to come out and say what he did before hand through out his career?

TJ got caught, he admitted it, didn't try and bullshit about it and you're complaining that he didn't admit to every drug he's ever used and when.. Come on you're talking nonsense

I wish Mr. Turinabol Jones would come out and just say it. I’d throw him a bone if he’d admit to his steroid use, but he’s just a bald face lying sack of shit.
He was proven innocent

Stay mad

Alright Mr. Diaz.

DC wasn't a good example here. But the point is people are more pissed he is using the excuses as damage control more than being genuine. His team (Cody specifically) was stating this years ago, that TJ had been showing TAM how to do steroids and cycle. So this seems like he is lying more. I appreciate him for coming out and admitting it rather than stall everything, but there seems to be some missing info he isn't providing. Even so, innocent until guilty (in other cases for this though).

So basically you want him to terminate his whole career? Should Jones, Chael, Silva and every other guy do the same? We are their history and never fight again, they did drugs they are now worthless.

What are you talking about? He didn't admit enough for me! I think you did more, admit it now!

He's not owning up completely, he's trying to control the narrative by admitting to half truths. Ultimately it's up to him whether he can live with it or not. Either way, I'm here to watch the fights.

“I wanted something so bad … and the real (expletive) part, and again, I’m not creating an excuse – I (expletive) up, I did it – is the fact that I never took my body to anything that was un-normal. I walk around about 45. The highest I ever got my hematocrit back to was 46. It wasn’t like I was above natural levels. The highest a human body can even go naturally is 50.”

Upper normal range of hematocrit for a male usually tops out around 52-54. Elite athletes will be lower due to increased total plasma volume (actual number of red blood cells and total oxygen carrying capacity remain the same).

Cutting weight is just dehydration. Dehydration brings your plasma volume down and your crit up, not down.

If you're dehydrated AND taking EPO, you might end up like one of those Euro cyclists - dead. Blood gets so thick your heart can't keep it moving.

Back