Tito: Rousey "a spoiled brat, protected from Cris Cyborg by UFC"

From what I heard, they offered Cyborg a fight with Rousey for the 135 title. Trying to set up a title fight is 'protecting'? I don't think that word means what you think it means :icon_lol:

It seems you forget that Cyborg fights at 145.
So I do know what the word means, and forcing Cyborg to make 135 is a way of protecting Ronda, don't you think?

it would be akin of UFC shutting down, and the next promotion hiring Anderson SIlva, and forcing Jon to join and fight Silva for the belt at 185 instead of 205.

Hey on a positive note I never imagined anyone would ever give a shit about WMMA so cheers to that I guess

So I do know what the word means, and forcing Cyborg to make 135 is a way of protecting Ronda, don't you think?

it would be akin of UFC shutting down, and the next promotion hiring Anderson SIlva, and forcing Jon to join and fight Silva for the belt at 185 instead of 205.

Jesus you are thick.

Do you honestly think it's reasonable for Cyborg to expect the UFC to have their marquee fighter fight a one off fight in a weight class that doesn't even exist in the UFC?

Cyborg can easily drop ten pounds of muscle mass to make the weight. If she's as skilled as you say she is, then she should still win on talent alone at 135.

It's either she drops the weight, or she waits for the woman's talent pool to grow deep enough to allow for an expansion into another wieght division.

Times ticking and so is her prime...she better decide to cut soon or she's going to find herself missing the boat.

Meanwhile the only challengers at 145 for Cyborg are people Rousey already finished.

Top 5 at 145

1. Cyborg Justino (12-1, 1 NC)

The only thing less interesting than Ronda's behavior on TUF is Tito talking about it.

Except that Rousey fights at 135. So forcing Rousey to fight at a heavier weight would be protecting Cyborg.

The problem is that they're different sizes. If making forcing one of them to fight at a weight other than their best weight is protecting the other, then they'd either be protecting Rousey (by making Cyborg go down in weight) or protecting Cyborg (by making Rousey go up in weight).

Using your example, if the UFC forced Silva to fight Jones at 205, that would be to protect Jones from having to fight at 185.

The problem is, there is no fair way to arrange it with two fighters from different weight divisions. Either way one has to change weight. I don't call that protecting, I call that basic physiology (with some physics - conservation of mass/energy thrown in). If the UFC had a magical way of making them the same size and refused to do it, that would be protecting one or the other. As it is, they're just facing the obvious - Cyborg is about ten pounds heavier than Rousey.

And you'll note there's nothing special about the UFC's treatment of Rousey in that regard. Have they ever forced a title holder to go up and fight heavier fighter? They might encourage it (GSP and Anderson, Anderson and Jones for instance), but they've never forced it as far as I know.

Bro Mike Dolce has the knowledge for everything weight cut related. If he said he can get her to 135 then he can do it. Your biology talk is not welcomed here.

Dolce knows what he is doing, but I don't trust he was telling the truth as he works for the UFC.

He has never helped a woman cut that much weight, so how can he be so sure.

And yes, It is differnt for women.

Yeah, because Tito fought all those heavy weights during his career. Hasn't Cyborg always said she can't make 135 and wants Ronda at 145 or maybe a 140 catch?

What? Why should Ronda have to fight outside of her chosen weight class? The weight class she is the champion of? If Cyborg makes 135 I'm sure the UFC will make the fight but have weight classes is NOT protecting Rousey.

I'm sure that this has been mentioned, but:

Cyborg says she can't make 135, where Rousey fights.

Why are we still talking about this?

Why is Tito talking about Rousey?

I'm sure that this has been mentioned, but:

Cyborg says she can't make 135, where Rousey fights.

Why are we still talking about this?

Why is Tito talking about Rousey?

Trying desperately to still be relevant/get some attention.

Bottom line is Cyborg wants to fight Ronda in a division that doesn't exist. She can make 135 she just can't be jacked to the gills while doing it. I"m kinda bored with the Cyborg thing. Lots of good lady fighters this past weekend. Cyborg better get it together soon or she'll be irrelevant.

Yeah, because Tito fought all those heavy weights during his career. Hasn't Cyborg always said she can't make 135 and wants Ronda at 145 or maybe a 140 catch?

Nope. Cyborg said she was dropping to 135 to fight Rousey. Cyborg is also proven to have had LESS total weight and LESS body percentage to cut going to 135 than she normally has going to 145.

172 to 145
160 to 135

What strikes me as odd is that 145 was the big name women's division with the most well known fights/fighters. Why did the ufc opt for the 135 division as their flagship?

What strikes me as odd is that 145 was the big name women's division with the most well known fights/fighters. Why did the ufc opt for the 135 division as their flagship?

It is where RR was fighting & wanting to fight.
To UFC, RR was WMMA, now they are seeing others are interesting too
WMMA is in UFC due to RR. How long it stays is due to everyone else

Yeah Tito, Rousey sure is afraid of a fighter who literally pulled mount twice in one fight.

Ronda refused to go back up since she won the 135 belt @ SF. That was before [/U]Cyborg was stripped of her belt and SF folded into the UFC.

So if you ask me about now, I'd agree with you (and this is exactly what i wrote).
Time moved on, SF does not exists, they are both is different promotions , so it is a moot point.

But when Ronda ducked Cyborg (with the promise to come back), SHE IS THE ONE WHO MOVED AWAY.

All what happened after that is not relevant to the argument.

DERP DERP, the facts do not support your ramblings DERP DERP.

Ronda won the 135lb title from Miesha Tate on March 3 2012.
Cyborg was busted for drugs January 6 2012 and stripped of the title

which date is before the other???????? how can she refuse to go back up????

DERP DERP rousey hater.

Back