Media Title defences be damned, Khabib is the GOAT because he's the BEST to ever do it. (Long Read)

Khabib didn't.

Oh yes he did.

I just double checked the p4p rankings to verify that Khabib was in fact the only man to ever finish 3 top 10 p4p consecutively when he fought them.

Conor was ranked #2 p4p when Khabib fought him
Dustin #8 p4p
Gaethje #10 p4p

Oh yes he did.

I just double checked the p4p rankings to verify that Khabib was in fact the only man to ever finish 3 top 10 p4p consecutively when he fought them.

Conor was ranked #2 p4p when Khabib fought him
Dustin #8 p4p
Gaethje #10 p4p

GSP did too.

Penn Fitch Alves

Penn top 3
Fitch and Alves top 10

All consecutively.

He also beat Hughes at his peak when he was top 3 p4p.
Also beat Shields when he was top 10 p4p.
Also beat Bisping when he was top 10 p4p.
Also beat Hendricks when he was top 10 p4p.
Also beat Condit when he was pretty damn close to top 10 p4p.

GSP : Most top 10 p4p win in mma history. Most top 5 wins in mma history. Most top 10 wins in mma history.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/30198700/is-khabib-nurmagomedov-mma-greatest-all

Okamoto
: I hear you on the "longevity at the top" argument. It's a good argument. But at the end of the day, I'm comfortable with it not being the final measuring stick of greatness. Not all title defenses are created equal, after all.

*Goes on about the other goats losing, decisioning or defeating past their prime legends*

Okamoto:
You said something before, that Nurmagomedov's run of submitting and dominating Conor McGregor, Dustin Poirier and Justin Gaethje in the manner in which he did might be the best three-fight stretch ever. I'll go one step further: It is the greatest three-fight stretch ever. And just because Nurmagomedov is deciding to walk away at the top, in his prime, when he could do more, I won't let that be the reason I don't call this guy what he is -- and that's the greatest to ever do it.

9zh45cbpmh961.jpg

4zutzy.jpg

Khabib was also the only candidate to fight through the USADA era without a blip.

Your GOAT, ladies and gentleman.

Khabib only had 3 title defenses tho ? You think that's enough to make him the goat ?

GSP did too.

Penn Fitch Alves

Penn top 3
Fitch and Alves top 10

All consecutively.

He also beat Hughes at his peak when he was top 3 p4p.
Also beat Shields when he was top 10 p4p.
Also beat Bisping when he was top 10 p4p.
Also beat Hendricks when he was top 10 p4p.
Also beat Condit when he was pretty damn close to top 10 p4p.

GSP : Most top 10 p4p win in mma history. Most top 5 wins in mma history. Most top 10 wins in mma history.

lol what a load of shit.

GSP never even had 3 consecutive finishes in his entire time in the UFC.

Show me your sources for the top 10 p4p rankings.

I'm not even going to check because you were already busted in 2 lies.

GOATamoto knows

I think the best 3 fight win streak was Jon's over Shogun, Rampage and Machida.

Those are all all time greats.

Gaethje is a good fighter but God damn he's not an all time great. He's 5-3 in the UFC (he was 10 seconds away from being 4-4 because of the first round in the MJ fight).

He's over hyped.

Khabib only had 3 title defenses tho ? You think that's enough to make him the goat ?

He still tied for #1 most wins in a row by the UFC among non ped cheats. It's not his problem the UFC took so long to get around to giving a TS.

Passed him with much less top 10 and top 5 wins.

Durrrrrrr
<45>"Top 10 and 5 wins" according to who? Sherdog?

Khabib went his whole career without getting scratched much less getting starched by an old MW, pummeled by Bigfoot and subbed by Werdum.

<45>"Top 10 and 5 wins" according to who? Sherdog?

Khabib went his whole career without getting scratched much less getting starched by an old MW, pummeled by Bigfoot and subbed by Werdum.

Lol, nice deflection from the fact that Khabib has barely any top wins compared to real GOAT contenders.

No amount of mental gymnastics will change that.
Here, let me just pre-empt your only argument- "He never lost11!!!!"

Lol, nice deflection from the fact that Khabib has barely any top wins compared to real GOAT contenders.

No amount of mental gymnastics will change that.
Here, let me just pre-empt your only argument- "He never lost11!!!!"
You're right man.

Pretend rankings from hole in the wall MMA forums that were around in Fedor's era are actually more important for your legacy than not getting knocked dead by older men two weight divisions below you.

You're right man.

Pretend rankings from hole in the wall MMA forums that were around in Fedor's era are actually more important for your legacy than not getting knocked dead by older men two weight divisions below you.

Lmao.

Now the rankings are all pretend, because Khabib fought few top ranked guys.

The delusion is real. Sad to see 90% of Khabib's fanbase be casuals these days.

He still tied for #1 most wins in a row by the UFC among non ped cheats. It's not his problem the UFC took so long to get around to giving a TS.
It's the UFC's fault Khabib tore his ACL and had to miss 2 years right before they were going to give him his title shot?

RDA got a TS because Khabib was injured.

Yeah that's the strength of Khabib's resume, his pure dominance when we did see him. He was undefeated but beyond that he was also never knocked down or cut IIRC which is insane, I don't think any other UFC champion can say that. But I agree, he needed a few more wins as champ to cement his claim as GOAT.

In reality, he needed more than a few.

Khabib's resume of top wins is literally 2-3 times weaker than many of the top fighters from the last 2 decades.

The guy was an amazing dominant force, but due to injuries and early retirement he simply does not have nearly the amount of top wins to consider him a GOAT.
GOAT LW yes, but only casuals obsessed with "no losses11!!!" could even begin to consider Khabib GOAT across all divisions.

I mean yeah if you fight only a few top guys, you are less likely to lose.

I'm actually from Dagesten, and nobody I know from there sucks Khabib's dick as much as these new casual fans on Sherdog. It's pathetic.

Lmao.

Now the rankings are all pretend, because Khabib fought few top ranked guys.

The delusion is real. Sad to see 90% of Khabib's fanbase be casuals these days.
Show me all of Fedor's ranked wins and your sources.

This is getting even disgusting, not only boring and false.

Kebab is not the goat.
if he wants to be goat, he needs to fight 3-4 years and beat new contenders. That's just the hard truth some ball suckers here cannot grasp.

Khabib's 29-0 is really 13-0. His first 16 fights were against guys who were mostly 0-0 or had losing records.

Conor is 1-2 as a LW in the UFC, pretty overrated win. Gaethje is 5-3 in the UFC, pretty overrated win.

Poirier & RDA are 2 great wins, thats it.

Very good

Back