Tiny Calves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar

Feelin' Froggy? Leap
Reaction score
Here's the deal, I've been working out for almost 2 years now. I went from a tiny 125 lb kid to 160 lbs at the meager height of 5'5". Everything on my body grew and got stronger. I work out in my garage with only a power rack and an Olympic bar, and I love it.

My 1 rep max for squats is probably within 10-15 lbs of double BW (just did 275 5x5 today).

My 1 rep max deadlift the last time I tried, which was in the summer was 405, I pulled this when I was doing 3x5 DL's with 345, last week I did 4x5 with 365 (not much improvement for that amount of time since then but I stopped lifting from sept-december because of my father's death and stress from school)

My bench the last time I tried 1 rep max in the summer was 225, and I have no idea what it is now but it probably went up also.

Then again I take more pride in my pullups than my bench, I use 70 lbs on my dip belt when doing 5x5 on pullups, and 5x6 on chins.

Despite all the pride I take in my lifts and my appearance now, and I actually look pretty damn good (16" pythons, bulging traps, pecs the size of dinner plates, visible cubes) I find it embarrassing every time I take off my shirt and am wearing shorts.

Why you ask? It's because despite all the progress I have made from that 125 lb kid, I still have the same tiny fucking calves. I mean sure, I have a bodunkadunk ass and pretty thick legs, but that doesn't really matter when I have two pogo sticks supporting them, it looks retarded.

I am, to a much lesser degree like Carnal Salvation in that "I look like an albino gorilla with peg legs" Or in my case a much smaller primate, maybe a chimpanzee. :(

Siff squats?

Seriously, who looks at your calves?

I do. Wistfully. They're so tan and shaved and LEAN. :(

blah etc blah :(

Forbidden Topics:
---------------------
Bigger bicep or other body part threads - these threads are typically strictly for vanity, and in case you haven't caught on, that's not what this forum is about. Furthermore strength training is about training movements more so than it is about training specific muscles which makes isolation exercises inefficient for athletic supplementation.

Forbidden Topics:
---------------------
Bigger bicep or other body part threads - these threads are typically strictly for vanity, and in case you haven't caught on, that's not what this forum is about. Furthermore strength training is about training movements more so than it is about training specific muscles which makes isolation exercises inefficient for athletic supplementation.

sue me

Car pushes, sled pushing, wheelbarrow pushes, etc

Despite all the pride I take in my lifts and my appearance now, and I actually look pretty damn good (16" pythons, bulging traps, pecs the size of dinner plates, visible cubes) I find it embarrassing every time I take off my shirt and am wearing shorts.

chippernonoign5yn.gif

Those lines were obviously added in for humor. Point is, it looks like I lift from the knees up. No one else here is cursed with slender bitch calves?

I have pretty good calves naturally, but I do feel the need to throw in sets of 1 legged BW calf raises during my rest periods.

I try to get 3 per workout, on lifting session 1 and 3. For session 2 I do 'ankle hops' which is pretty much just jumping with calves only.

I've been seeing some results, but this is on top of lots of skipping and movement drills in fight training.

Call me vain but I do like to be at least evenly proportioned.

Here's the deal, I'm guna big myself up for ages to people who dont give a shit and then complain like a bitch about having pussy calves:(

If your calves are lacking, then do calf work? You can't have got that big and strong and fantastic looking lol over the time you've been workin out bein stupid as shit and having no knowledge? I still can't figure out if this is a troll or not.

Perhaps you should of asked yourself the calf question last summer, or maybe the summer before, or the summer before that, and done something about it?

Anyways... Do calf work. Run up hills. Pull sleds up hills. Do calf raises with weight.

There is nothing wrong with tacking some calf work to the end of some of your sessions. 5-10 minutes could go a long way.

I still can't figure out if this is a troll or not.

Perhaps you should of asked yourself the calf question last summer, or maybe the summer before, or the summer before that, and done something about it?

Anyways... Do calf work. Run up hills. Pull sleds up hills. Do calf raises with weight.

I'm actually just thinking of injecting a whole bunch of synthol to achieve the same effect.

You know, something to the effect of this, but on my calves.
attachmentml9.jpg

Obviously joking, but yes it's time to start training the calves. My body just grew out proportion of my old ones, and ever since I got my power rack (about a year ago) I started neglecting them. When I was in a regular gym I would always do some calf raises at the end of the workout just to make sure I was well rounded.

Actually came bk to apologise for my needless tone ^

You get the point tho, calf work takes minimal time, the problem with it is that it is hella boring.

*claps for millasur* Way to be the bigger (calved) man.

Calf implants FTW!

...but seriously tho, this thread is ghey...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back