Tiger Muay Thai, Phuket - Review

Your personal definition of "slag" seems to be a bit loose.

Sorry you're taking this so personally and have become so aggressive in the process. For the record, I never would have asked you for a name or a fight record -- mostly because I don't give a shit -- but I think that asking you whether or not you've ever trained at any other Thai gyms (a question you've ignored a few times now) is certainly relevant.

Your personal definition of "slag" seems to be a bit loose.

Sorry you're taking this so personally and have become so aggressive in the process. For the record, I never would have asked you for a name or a fight record -- mostly because I don't give a shit -- but I think that asking you whether or not you've ever trained at any other Thai gyms (a question you've ignored a few times now) is certainly relevant.

I haven't ignored it.. you ignored my answer.

And i'm not taking it personally at all nor am i aggressive. Maybe you are just feeling defensive?

You're right -- you sort-of answered (after a bit of prodding). That particular post got lost in the paging shuffle and I should have gone back and re-read the thread first, as painful as that may have been. My fault entirely.

As for how personal you may be taking some of the replies, well that's certainly open to interpretation.

You're right -- you sort-of answered (after a bit of prodding). That particular post got lost in the paging shuffle and I should have gone back and re-read the thread first, as painful as that may have been. My fault entirely.

As for how personal you may be taking some of the replies, well that's certainly open to interpretation.

You really believe that i'm taking 'gotobread' or 'axelrator' 's posts personally I have no idea who either of you are.. well i've seen his fight vids. and you certainly know nothing about me and anything you think you know might be made up anyway.. if i told you i trained at 13coins for example.. would me telling you that change anything.. you have no reason to believe it.

Yeesh.

I'm going to resign myself from this thread as it's accomplishing absolutely nothing and has, quite frankly, become kind of embarrassing. Any point I had originally attempted to make is long lost and I'm not even positive they're worth making anymore.

I will say that if, at any point in this thread, you (or anyone else, for that matter) had told me that you've trained at 13 Coins, I'd take you at your word. Partially because I don't care enough to sit here and be cynical about everything that someone on the Internet is telling me during a occasionally legitimate discussion about muay Thai gyms, but mostly because I would hope nobody's desperate enough to simply make shit up in order to prove an almost minuscule point.

I'm glad you've enjoyed your time at Tiger. Best of luck to you. I leave you with a photo of the greatest Intercontinental champion of all-time:

honky-tonk-man.jpg

so two guys go to some gym and train there, and omg, each one has their own opinion.

BTW, Tiger sucks. Just saying...

Just when I thought this thread was going to close out with an Elvis sighting, a molotov cocktail comes flying into the fracus. :icon_lol: This is getting interesting, now.

:icon_chee

Honestly I don't care either way. If people like the type of set up they have at Tiger, I wish them luck. Some people love the training they get at LA Boxing too.

Just when I thought this thread was going to close out with an Elvis sighting, a molotov cocktail comes flying into the fracus. :icon_lol: This is getting interesting, now.

I know I said I was retiring from this thread, but how dare you disrespect the Honky Tonk Man?

I know I said I was retiring from this thread, but how dare you disrespect the Honky Tonk Man?

:icon_lol: My sincerest apologies. I don't follow that too closely, and honestly thought it was an Elvis impersonater, (seriously, no disrespect intended) to the "Honky Tonk Man", who I just looked up on Wikipedia. :icon_lol:

Carry on gentleman!

i love how every thread about Tiger Muay Thai turns into an all out war between those who love it and those who hate it :)

I don't know why people knock this camp so much. If you can't prepare for a fight here I honestly don't know where you could. Being surrounded by so many top class trainers every day has surely got to rub off on you in one way or another.

you don't get it, there are just foreigners there training and not the thai guys. you can't get enough of the culture vulture vibe there.

i mean, it doesn't make sense if you are a foreigner to get trained by good thais and have to spar against foreigners --even though back home you will be fighting people like these foreign fighters and not real thais because they like in thailand.

Its from the MTSF

Muay thai sarcasm federation.

ie.. i'm posting under a nothing username not specific details and i'm not plaining on it.. so asking my fight record etc over the internet is pretty useless.. you aren't going to believe it and i don't care to prove it to you.

No thread about tiger gets beyond one post with out the same 5-6 posters all jumping in with the same "its shit" pronouncement. those same 5-6 people all happen to train at sinbi or dragon.

champ my ass your full of shit unless you can prove it. its like cali chutebox saying he had 5 fights in thailand but lost all the video footage and said no one was there to take pictures

champ my ass your full of shit unless you can prove it. its like cali chutebox saying he had 5 fights in thailand but lost all the video footage and said no one was there to take pictures

Seen yours....:rolleyes:

Seriously made me puke , watching beat up on some undersized lil runts. Funny when one of them cut you up though.

You seriously should consider losing some weight. Loose saggy breasts and a square boxy torso on some skinny ass white legs does NOT look good.
You move all stiff n slow. That probably is the reason.

If anybody wants to see them just look for Preston on Rawai Muay Thai.com

They got fights on there where thais just walk off for no reason and their students get awarded TKOs !

Seen yours....:rolleyes:

Seriously made me puke , watching beat up on some undersized lil runts. Funny when one of them cut you up though.

You seriously should consider losing some weight. Loose saggy breasts and a square boxy torso on some skinny ass white legs does NOT look good.
You move all stiff n slow. That probably is the reason.

If anybody wants to see them just look for Preston on Rawai Muay Thai.com

They got fights on there where thais just walk off for no reason and their students get awarded TKOs !

You seem really angry.

Nutz is another one of those guys who is really good but has no proof that he has ever fought anywhere. If you're not willing to put out videos of yourself then keep your opinions to yourself.

I didn't have a great experience with the Muay Thai at TMT. I did enjoy the MMA though. Ray wasn't there and we were taught by two black belts from America. The Avellan brothers? The classes were small also. But when i first got there, they were overcrowded. This was around Jan-Feb 2009.

So for the Muay Thai i was sent to the advanced section. My padholder was completely uninterested and during clinching i was just in the ring with some farangs and wasn't taught or corrected on anything. At this time my clinch work sucked and i got dominated and thrown around.

After that session i ended up going to Phuket dragon and doing privates with Yod. I kept up the MMA at Tiger.

Either way, TMT isn't everyones cup of tea. Different strokes for different folks.

Back