Thunderhead Unchained

That sucks, nothing worse than getting stuck in traffic and knowing you are going to be late. Congrats on the new job though! I would imagine the cost of living is a lot lower down south of the border than in Socal.

Dude, my life is getting even crazier at this point. The other day, the manager at Castillos del Mar, Cielo, asked me if I wanted to live down here in Rosarito.

"Si! Claro! Quiero vivir aqui, senora!" I said.

"Well, John. We have a beach club here called Sunio, and I want you to be our personal trainer," she said.

I'm like, "WTF? Work and live here in Rosarito? FUCK YES! Wait, why is she speaking English to me? LULZ."

Everybody speaks English here. It's a touristy place, after all.

Take a look at this. This is the view from the bar at Sunio:

3tyOeLD.jpg

Shit. Now I've got 2 jobs. Fuck my life.

That's fucking sweet, I was curious so I looked at houses for sale there just for the fuck of it. You can buy a 3,000 sq ft house on the beach for 150,000 usd. Sounds like you are going to be thriving in Mexico!

That's fucking sweet, I was curious so I looked at houses for sale there just for the fuck of it. You can buy a 3,000 sq ft house on the beach for 150,000 usd. Sounds like you are going to be thriving in Mexico!

Oh yeah. As a matter of fact, Cielo told me that there's a house next door to the resort for 150,000 dll. (that's the Mexican way of writing "usd"). I'll take a picture of it and post it the next chance I get. It's a three story house, I think. Frickin' awesome.

Here's an article written by John Romano (former Editor of Muscular Development and Bigger, Stronger, Faster*) I read the other day about his reasons for moving back to Mexico. It's very insightful in regards to the differences of the political and cultural climates between the US and Mexico: http://www.vpxsports.com/article-detail/industry-news/exodus-part-ii

Last edited:
Lunes

So-called friends and family members have been giving me shit lately. My head is not in the right state.

Snatch drop

45, 75, 95, 115, 135 x 3

Snatch

95 x 3, 3 - hang

115 x 2

135 x 2

155 x 1

175 x 1

195 x 1

205 x 0, 0, 0 - 3 misses

185 x 0

Snatch Pulls

205 x 5 x 3

Front squats

95 x 5
115 x 5
155 x 5

I'm not training at World's Gym anymore. Fuck it. I'm sick and tired of dealing with these idiot bodybuilders and personal trainers who walk across or even stand on top of my fucking platform while I lift. I've warned these motherfuckers many fucking times and they wouldn't listen. No etiquette whatsoever. Stupidass fucks only care about their looks - bodybuilding is such an empty and ego-driven "sport."

I was told by Rick that I was scaring all the other bodybuilders in my vicinity with the screaming, cussing, and the warnings. They were walking on eggshells around me. He told me he loved having me around there, but my aggressiveness was bad for his business. I understood him. I told him it would never happen again.

I'm switching my base to Gladiator Strength in Chula Vista, my old neighborhood. It's closer to the Mexican border and Nate, the owner of the gym, has got a very nice fucking set up there that's primarily geared towards powerlifting, weightlifting, and strongman training.

If you're in the San Diego area and you're not a pussyass bodybuilder who likes to spend all day posing in the mirror, but a dude who's looking to develop more power, strength, and explosiveness, then give this place a visit.

And with that said, I want to repost this message I left on my Facebook wall last night:

Anyone who resents you for your success or happiness should be promptly removed from your life. And that includes your so-called friends and family members. No, it does not make you a terrible person to abandon such undesirable individuals from your life. What's terrible is the fact that these aforementioned individuals are attempting to prevent you from moving forward and attaining more success in the future. That is not loyalty. That is treachery, plain and simple. And treachery...makes enemies out of friends and family.

Last edited:
Good to see you are living your life, not the life others want you to have. Fuck em.

WAT!!!
This upset's the God of Aesthetics...

maxresdefault.jpg

Damnation and hell! I have incurred the wrath of the Great Deity with my heresy. I must supplicate for forgiveness and redeem myself by parading around topless in public during the day, and in clubs at night. I shall exhibit my physique around women in a true narcissitic fashion by flexing my abdominal muscles and have said women rub their titties on said muscles. Yes. It shall be done. I will do it. Pics or GTFO. Titties. Bitties. Boobies. Mammary glands.

POWER COMES FIRST, LOOKS COME A DISTANT SECOND!

You should probably try drilling some reps at a solid technical weight.

Those 205 attempts and pulls were.... not technically pleasing.

You should probably try drilling some reps at a solid technical weight.

Those 205 attempts and pulls were.... not technically pleasing.

Elaborate.

I'm well aware that my technique is shit, but you just can't leave me hanging there with a rather obscure response like that.

Last edited:
8 de Marzo, 2016
Miercoles

Jesus Fucking Christ, where do I even begin. My life is moving so fast right now that I feel that I might implode any second.

Oh yeah. So I head down to Tijuana last night to hang out with some friends and decided to stay there for the night. Next morning, I head straight to World Gym on Paseo de los Heroes in the Zona Rio. Fuck, the parking situation here is fucking shitty as hell. Well, not as shitty as World Gym in San Diego. Actually, it's a 100x worse in Pacific Beach. People constantly scrambling to find parking over there at any fucking second over there, and it's right next to an auto shop. Weird.

Anyway, I'm screaming and cussing about the parking situation but immediately find an opening directly in front of the gym. WOOT! I park and get the fuck out of my truck. Some dude is looking at me in amusement, and I was like, "El estacionamiento es muy complicado aqui!" And then he was, "I know. But I'm got this spot before someone else could snag it."

Ah fuck. Dude speaks English. And drives a BMW too.

I go up to him to ask him where he's from. Here, he responds, but he lived in the US for many years. FIGURES. Awesome. I shoot the shit with him more, and dude tells me he's impressed by my physique. Oh, thanks, I say. He tells me he wants to train with me. "Sure! I say" Fuck yeah! I need to establish myself and my training philosophies here in TJ, fuck it!

Anyway, long story short, his name is Francisco, and his family owns the largest flour factory in the Baja California region. Alright, shut the fuck up.

I go in and I'm blown away by how incredible the instalacion (facility) is. The fucking amenities they have there blows any other gyms I've been to in smithereens, motherfucker. With my travel pass from World Gym in SD, I get into the gym for free along with a complimentary private locker. It's got a great jacuzzi, showers, pool, locker room, a boxing gym, spinning class, whatever, you name it. And it's also got HALTEROFILIA! OLYMPIC BUMPER PLATES YEAH! FUCK YEAH! I'M TRAINING HERE FROM NOW ON, FUCKERS!

I go up to the free weights room on the 2nd or 3rd floor, I can't remember, to check the place out. I see two dudes squatting at the squat rack. One of the dudes was squatting 135 lbs (fucking weird, the gym has both kilos and lbs, but mostly lbs plate) ass to grass. This guy had to be a personal trainer. I go up to him to introduce myself. Fuck, my fingers are getting tired. I'm just going to give you the Cliff Notes: his name is Gerson and he's a strength and conditioning coach. He has his own training facility on the 5th floor, which is the rooftop, actually, named Sparta 55. I worked in with him and his client, Cesar, with the squats and he was impressed by the depth of the squats. "Wow! Very strong!" Shit, goddamn. I suck at taking compliments. Oh well.

It turns out, Cesar trains MMA and BJJ, and is a blue belt under a Fabio Santos black belt. Cool, I tell him I play jiujitsu too; I trained with Ricardo Cavalcanti, Rey Diogo, Nino Schembri, blah blah blah, and the dude was impressed. Ah, fuck, shit. No more typing. I've got a date with a chick tonight. Fuck off.

Front squats - paused

135 x 1 x 5
185 x 1 x 5
225 x 1 x 5, 1 x 6

Jerk

95 x 2 x 3
115 x 2 x 3
135 x 1 x 2
185 x 1 x 1
225 x 1 x 1
245 x 1 x 1

Fuck it. My body is falling apart and my head is not in the right place. Life's been hectic and stressful lately. I'm taking this week off. Deload.

Bench

135 x 1 x 5
185 x 1 x 5
225 x 1 x 3
275 x 2 x 1
295 x 1 x 3* - My spotter fucked this one up for me. Puede ayurdame, por favor? I asked. Si, he said. Fucker was decked out in a backward baseball cap and wifebeater and was going around giving unsolicited help to the chicas hermosas on here. On the fucking machines, of course. God fucking damn it. Gym douchebags are everywhere.

No, no, no! Es una mala técnica si se mantiene la barra!

Fucker. Pinche idiota.

Retard is a personal trainer here. WHAT A PLEASANT FUCKING SURPRISE!

325 x 1 x 1 - I had someone else spot me this time. Dude was wearing a Nutrition Zone of Chula Vista shirt, and I asked him if he was from Chula Vista. He answered in the affirmative in English. Goddamn it, let me practice my Spanish here! FUCK! "Oh shit! The one on H Street next to the Shell gas station, right?" Yup. I become fast friends with him, as I did with Cesar and Gerson earlier, and he asked me if I was coming back tomorrow. "Of course! I replied.

So yeah. Cool. Oh yeah, btw, the chick at the cafe is pretty cute and her name is Patty. "Estas soltera, Patty?" I asked. "Si." she replied.

I don't need to give you the rest of the details here.

Obligatory pics or GTFO:

World Gym en Zona Rio, Tijuana

Do your fucking burpees if you wanna reach your goals, pinche putos:

Pain is temporary; glory is forever, bitches. You scared of pain? HUH?! You scared?! DON'T BE SCARED, HOMIE!

Sparta 55:

Free weights room:

Look at this shit. Steroids are 100% LEGAL here in Mexico. Prescription? What fucking prescription? This farmacia is right next to a cafe that I frequent in Rosarito.

I was fucking hungry after my training so I went to a taco shop called Los Poblanos. I ate 2 adobada quesadillas, 2 tacos con birria, and a carne asada burrito. And a side of Coke Zero. Total cost? $9.50:

Wednesday

Still here in Mexico as I'm getting ready to transition to a new career as a personal trainer. Got my training session at World Gym in Tijuana again, thanks to my 14 day travel pass I got from World Gym San Diego. Woot woot.

Guess how much the membership is at World Gym Tijuana. 80 dollars. Per month. Yeah. There's a lot of rich people here.

So today I met Francisco, Gerson, Cesar, and a new trainer, Antonio (or Tony, as he preferred to be called). The last three were treated to a little exhibition of my lifts - today I just bullshitted around with a few squats, deficit deads, pullups, DB rows, and curls.)

Oh, and not to mention, all the fine chicas at Gerson's class were also in attendance to see me lift. Jaws were dropped and panties were moist.

Ok, I'm gonna stop sucking my own cock now.

HB Squats

135 x 1 x 5
185 x 1 x 5
225 x 1 x 3
275 x 1 x 1
315 x 1 x 1
365 x 1 x 1
415 x 1 x 1
445 x 1 x 1 - okay, my knee's really getting creaky now. Deload this week, my ass.

Deficit deads - 4 inches

315 x 1 x 6
365 x 1 x 6

Pullups

10, 10, 10, 8

DB Rows

100 x 1 x 10, 8, 6

EZA Bar Curls

80 x 1 x 10, 8, 6

Done.

Tomorrow, I'll be teaching Gerson, Cesar, and Tony the front squat at 10 AM.

Thor's Day

BTN Snatch Grip PP (BTNSGPP) to Snatch Drop

45 x 1 x 5/5
65 x 1 x 5/5
95 x 1 x 5/5
135 x 1 x 3/3
155 x 1 x 1/1

BTNNSGPP

185 x 1 x 3
225 x 1 x 1
295 x 1 x 0
295 x 1 x 1 - got it. New PR.

315 x 1 x 0 - miss

So, like a dumbass that I am, I decided to use the plyometric boxes to dampen the fall because I was getting complaints for dropping the weights. The result was not too spectacular:

Oops!

185 x 3 x 3
225 x 1 x 2

Taught Tony, Gerson, Cesar, and Eduardo a few things on the clean and jerk and the snatch. No, I'm not Dmitry Klokov, but at least I'm a 1000x more qualified to instruct the lifts than those dumbass Crossfit Level 1 "coaches." I still need to improve on my form.

Oh yeah...about that. I accidentally broke the door at my cafe, Cafe Neron, where I'm currently at right now. Fucking Jesus, I'm breaking shit everywhere in Mexico. A que la chingada!

Found an apartment in Popotla (about 2 km south of Castillo del Mar in South Rosarito) for $375 a month. It's right next to the beach and directly behind Oxxo (a popular chain of convenience store in Mexico. Their main conpetition is 7-11) and a fucking strip club called Bada Bing. And by strip club, I mean una casa de putas. No, I ain't stepping inside that place. I'm dating a really sweethearted chick right now.

Sunday - Bullshit Deload Day

BTNSGPP to OHS

45 x 2 x 5/5
65 x 1 x 5/5
95 x 1 x 5/5
115 x 1 x 5/4
135 x 1 x 5/3
165 x 1 x 3/3
185 x 1 x 3/3
225 x 1 x 1/0
205 x 1 x 6/5 - New PR

Pullups

12, 8, 6, 4, 4, 2

Squat Rack Barbell Curls

Fuck you, I'm all alone here.

95 x 2 x 8
65 x 1 x 8

I'm taking out Bench Presses from my program.
I'm going to look for a 5 day OLY only program to switch to. Powerlifting and OLY Lifting don't mix well. Like oil and water.

Monday

Bullshit Day Part II

Still searching for a program. Couldn't do any Oly lifting today because the equipment room was locked and management didn't have the key. Ffs.

Squats

135, 185, 225 x 1 x 5
315 x 1 x 3
365 x 1 x 1
405 x 1 x 1
455 x 1 x 0
445 x 1 x 0
430 x 1 x 1 - slowly climbing up to my PR.

BTNSGPP

45 x 1 x 5
135, 185 x 1 x 3
225 x 1 x 3 - New PR
255 x 1 x 3 - New PR
265 x 1 x 3 - New PR

Tuesday
March 15, 2016

Had 4 hours of sleep last night. Was busy as fuck yesterday.
Going up to Koreatown, Hell-A *dry heave* to see my mom and dogs after training.

Snatch drop

45, 95, 115 x 1 x 3

Hang snatches from knee

95, 115 x 1 x 3

Snatches

135 x 1 x 3 - power
155 x 1 x 2 - power
175 x 1 x 0
175 x 1 x 0

Fuck it. Too exhausted for this shit.

Snatch Pulls

175 x 1 x 3

I'm outta here. Fuck it. Now, time to deal with all this stupidass drama back in the States. God, I fucking hate the Koreans that live in Koreatown/LA. Fucking narrow-minded, close-minded, arrogant jerkoff pieces of shit. Hey, fuck you, ee shibalnomdula! Shang ganna seki! Fuck you, and fuck your Confucian traditions and fuck your patronization of Gyopos.

Fuck you, old Korean motherfuckers who demand instant respect from me just because you equate age with wisdom. You're old and senile, ya stupid fucks. 입 닥쳐, 씹새끼야! 꺼저!

And fuck your driving skills (or lack thereof). Holy shit, you folks make me look bad by association, you slow-driving-on-the-fast-lane MOTHERFUCKERS. Keep perpetuating the stereotype. Please do.

So, yeah. Fuck Los Angeles. Me vale madre.

Last edited:
Got a new program now: http://www.catalystathletics.com/article/131/Starter-Program-for-Catalyst-Athletics-Online-Workouts/

I ain't fucking around with powerlifting anymore. That ship has sailed a while ago. No more bench presses for me either. My main focus is on Olympic Weightlifting for now.

Week 1

Choose weights by feel. Weights should be challenging this week, but comfortably below max efforts. Use the same weight for all prescribed sets of a given exercise.

Monday
Clean & Jerk – 5 x 2+1
Clean Pull – 3 x 3
Back Squat – 3 x 5

Wednesday
Snatch – 5 x 2
Snatch Pull – 3 x 3
Front Squat – 3 x 3

Thursday
Power Snatch – 5 x 2
Power Clean & Power Jerk – 5 x 2(1+1)
Overhead Squat – 3 x 3

Saturday
Snatch – heavy single
Clean & Jerk – heavy single
Front Squat – heavy single

Week 2

Use the same weights as week 1 with this increased volume. If this feels too easy, you can increase the weight, but stay below absolute maximal effort.

Monday
Clean & Jerk – 5 x 3+1
Clean Pull – 4 x 3
Back Squat – 5 x 5

Wednesday
Snatch – 5 x 3
Snatch Pull – 4 x 3
Front Squat – 5 x 3

Thursday
Power Snatch – 5 x 3
Power Clean & Power Jerk – 5 x 3(1+1)
Overhead Squat – 5 x 3

Saturday
Snatch – 6 x 1
Clean & Jerk – 6 x 1
Front Squat – 3 x 1

Week 3

Increase the weights from last week as you’re able to.

Monday
Clean & Jerk – 5 x 1
Clean Pull – 3 x 3
Back Squat – 5 x 3

Tuesday
Power Snatch – 5 x 3
Hang Clean – 5 x 2

Wednesday
Snatch – 5 x 1
Snatch Pull – 3 x 3
Front Squat – 5 x 2

Thursday
Hang Snatch – 5 x 3
Power Clean & Power Jerk – 5 x 1+1
Overhead Squat – 5 x 1

Saturday
Snatch – heavy single

Week 4

Increase the weights from last week as you’re able to. Push for max effort singles on Saturday.

Monday
Clean & Jerk – 5 x 1
Clean Pull – 3 x 2
Back Squat – 5 x 2

Tuesday
Power Snatch – 5 x 2
Power Clean – 5 x 2

Wednesday
Snatch – 5 x 1
Snatch Pull – 3 x 2
Front Squat – 3 x 2

Thursday
Hang Snatch – 5 x 2
Power Clean & Power Jerk – 4 x 1+1
Overhead Squat – 3 x 1

Saturday
Snatch – heavy single

Will officially start this program next week. For now, I'm just going to dick around with my own mini program for the rest of the week. I will rest on Sunday to be fresh for Monday.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back