Thug vs Waterson??

Lol that doesn't make sense. There is only a few legit contenders left.
Right now, yes. This is why it's important to build new contenders, which is what the match ups I was suggesting does.

If you want to build the legacy of a champion, you have them defend their belt over a long period of time against many different opponents. To do this, you need to create new contenders, and you do this by not cannibalizing them against each other. A division's top contenders aren't static; they change as fighters win and lose; I'm trying to create match ups where you can have more fighters have claims for title shots, not fewer fighters.

Also why no mention of Tecia as a potential future challenger? She has one loss - a close decision to Rose that some thought she won. Has no glaring weaknesses other than size and being a point fighter lol.

Ronda and Mighty Mouse also beat more people to be considered to have "cleaned out" or almost cleaned their divisions.
What are you trying to argue here? I believe Ronda and MM cleared out their divisions just as JJ almost has.

Waterson/Thug would most likely create a contender after JJ/Andrade.
It would create 1 contender and cannibalize another. Waterson/Esparza and Namajunas/Moroz, assuming Waterson beats Esparza (which I think is pretty likely), creates 2 contenders.

It would create 1 contender and cannibalize another. Waterson/Esparza and Namajunas/Moroz, assuming Waterson beats Esparza (which I think is pretty likely), creates 2 contenders.
No it wouldn't. It wild create another title shot contender and it would leave another with a bit longer wait than the other. Top contenders just don't fall off after one loss obviously. Plus talk about cannibalizing things is the number two and three contenders being opponents JJ already easily beat, so if anything those fighters are perfect gate keepers for the division until JJ loses twice, because she has been such a dominant champ.

Best matchups in the thread so far although WARsparza!

Also do Jojo vs Tecia to start building one back up.

On of them should face esparza next. Just to take Esparza and her boring style out of the top. THEN they should face each other for #1 Contender.

Idk maybe, Namajunas x Gadelha, Waterson x Esparza.

Rose has nothing for Claudia.

No it wouldn't. It wild create another title shot contender and it would leave another with a bit longer wait than the other. Top contenders just don't fall off after one loss obviously. Plus talk about cannibalizing things is the number two and three contenders being opponents JJ already easily beat.
Namajunas losing to Waterson puts her on a two-fight losing streak, which is basically gatekeeper or back-of-the-line status, say fringe top 10 at best. Waterson, meanwhile, hasn't actually beaten anybody good in the UFC yet (VanZant is the poor man's version of Miesha Tate, but much more raw and unskilled), so a loss to Namajunas bumps her back down to the 11-15 area.

SHe has to take the challenge.

If she has nothing for Claudia, she has even less for Joanna.
Gadehla is the second best in the division imo. If anyone can get pass her then they deserve a shot at the champ.

You can't have an opinion if your information is wrong.
I can't have an opinion about what fights would be cool if I forgot Tecia is booked in a stupid ass fight against Bec?

PS. there seems to be a LOT of dumb matchmaking lately.

I can't have an opinion about what fights would be cool if I forgot Tecia is booked in a stupid ass fight against Bec?
Yeah the Bec/Torrss matchup is a bit odd, but it's getting Torres back on track I guess.

SHe has to take the challenge.
No she doesn't. The point is to build contenders; you can create a contender who isn't necessarily going to have much for the champion, see Dan Hardy, Bethe Correia or any of the BJJ guys who Anderson danced around against.

No she doesn't. The point is to build contenders; you can create a contender who isn't necessarily going to have much for the champion, see Dan Hardy, Bethe Correia or any of the BJJ guys who Anderson danced around against.
I totally believed in Hardly, Betch, and Phallus Leities. Most pumped I've ever been for title fights. ;)

Back