Thug vs Waterson??

Gadelha isn't getting a title shot any time soon; putting Namajunas against her is risky because, if Namajunas loses, that's two in a row she'll have loss and that severely damages her credibility as a contender, while it does little to help Gadelha, who is still multiple wins away from a title shot.

I'm not looking at this as, "What will bring us the best fights", but more "What will give us the most title contenders". If Namajunas wins, she gets back in the win column and builds momentum for at title shot; if Moroz wins, she'll have won 3 straight and have a good reason to be given a title shot. Gadelha winning helps nobody, because she's many wins away from a title shot after having lost to the champion twice, even if they were close fights.
I disagree. There's already a brand new top ten list of fighters for JJ besides Gadehla and Esparza. JJ has almost cleared out the entire division and we need new title contenders rather than contenders in the top ten.

Gadehla isn't getting a title shot anytime soon unless JJ gets beaten twice, but she is one of the best in the division and can beat anyone not named JJ.

Thug Rose is a top five fighter so she is going to have to fight top fighter after top fighter unless she goes on a losing streak.

Thug vs Gadehla makes sense to me but now Waterson is top ten in the UFC so she will be fighting a top contender next and Esparza might be up next.
Maybe it's Moroz vs Esparza,

I don't think Gadelha will pick a fight against Waterson ( Brazilian fighters don't usually fight training partners ). But she'd pick one with Rose. Waterson might not want to fight anytime soon.

So i think it has a chance of Gadelha vs Namajunas. Losing to Gadelha is like losing to the second best in the division, doesn't hurt her as much as losing to someone else. Also, if she wins, well, title shot is next.

Waterson is like, a step behind Rose, she should fight another top fighter before fighting someone like Rose. That's why mentioned Esparza. Ranked and a good fight for Waterson.

I disagree. There's already a brand new top ten list of fighters for JJ besides Gadehla and Esparza. JJ has almost cleared out the entire division and we need new title contenders rather than contenders in the top ten.
She's fought 3 of the 10 top. She's not even close to having "cleared out the entire division".

Well, Andrade has a nightmare style for JJ so I wouldn't be so sure about JJ dominating that one.
Yeah not saying JJ will win for sure but if she wins... if she loses all matchups are fresh and new! (Except Jojo vs Andrade)

3 of the top 5 (and 3 of the top 10) have fought the champion; ranks 4 through 10 all haven't fought her yet, so, I think that's more of a matter of perception, rather than reality.

Umm, no. It's straight fact. From your own statistics she has had three title defense with girls in the top ten. All the rest are in the division still competing so essentially she has almost cleared out the relevance throughout the division besides Waterson, Rose, and Andrade. That's all that's left at this point since JJ already beat KK and Gadelha twice.

Umm, no. It's straight fact. From your own statistics she has had three title defense with girls in the top ten. All the rest are in the division still competing so essentially she has almost cleared out the relevance of the division besides Waterson, Rose, and Andrade. That's all that's left at this point since JJ already beat Gadehla twice and KK.
You do realize "cleaned out the division" means more than just beating the top 3 contenders, right? Cleaning out the division means beating all the worthy challengers; this is why it's important to be making working challengers and not cannibalizing them against each other.

the UFC will probably grant rose her wish. makes sense. rose is at #4 and waterson is at #7. would be a quality win for either.

You do realize "cleaned out the division" means more than just beating the top 3 contenders, right? Cleaning out the division means beating all the worthy challengers; this is why it's important to be making working challengers and not cannibalizing them against each other.
Dude, she has cleared out the division. The two top contenders next to her are girls she already defeated. She's taking time off so the division can create new contenders.

Waterson, Rose, Andrade & Moroz might be the only contenders left.

Why has nobody brought Calderwood into the conversation? She's ranked #8, and she hasn't fought Jedrzejczyk yet. She's worth putting into the mix.

the UFC will probably grant rose her wish. makes sense. rose is at #4 and waterson is at #7. would be a quality win for either.
I'd rather see Thug vs Waterson honestly.

But Esparza vs Waterson and Gadehla vs Thug wouldn't be bad match ups either,

Dude, she has cleared out the division. The two top contenders next to her are girls she already defeated.
Do you remember who GSP beat to "clear out the division"? Koscheck x2, Hughes, Serra, Fitch, Penn, Alves, Hardy, & Shields. He then suffered an injury, which gave the division time to build new contenders.

Do you remember who Anderson Silva beat to "clear out the division"? Lutter, Marquardt, Franklin, Henderson, Cote, Leites, Maia, Sonnen x2, Belfort & Okami.

Who has Jedrzejczyk beat? Esparza, Penne, Letourneau, Gadelha, Kowalkiewicz. That's hardly "clear out the division" number of opponents.

Why has nobody brought Calderwood into the conversation? She's ranked #8, and she hasn't fought Jedrzejczyk yet. She's worth putting into the mix.
Calderwood is good but I don't see her style beating anyone top 5. I don't see her beating Waterson, KK, Gadehla, or Thug. Andrade already beat her.

Except she just lost to Andrade, and lost to Moroz four fights ago. She need at least two straight wins to be back in the conversation.

Unfortunately I think Thug Rose is a bad matchup for Waterson. She is way too strong.

Do you remember who GSP beat to "clear out the division"? Koscheck x2, Hughes, Serra, Fitch, Penn, Alves, Hardy, & Shields. He then suffered an injury, which gave the division time to build new contenders.

Do you remember who Anderson Silva beat to "clear out the division"? Lutter, Marquardt, Franklin, Henderson, Cote, Leites, Maia, Sonnen x2, Belfort & Okami.

Who has Jedrzejczyk beat? Esparza, Penne, Letourneau, Gadelha, Kowalkiewicz. That's hardly "clear out the division" number of opponents.
GSP and Anderson are a different conversation. We aren't talking about goats here.

JJ has beat good talent and dominated her division for a couple years now. It's getting to the point where she's cleaning it out.

GSP and Anderson are a different conversation. We aren't talking about goats here.

JJ has beat good talent and dominated her division for a couple years now. It's getting to the point where she's cleaning it out.
And I'm of the position where she needs at least another half-dozen wins to comfortably say she's cleared it out.

Ronda and Mighty Mouse also beat more people to be considered to have "cleaned out" or almost cleaned their divisions.

Back