Thug vs Waterson??

meh, Esparza instead?

Make Moroz Vs Thug

meh, Esparza instead?
No.

Andrade gets the next shot at JJ with another dominating win I'm sure, and with JJ wanting time off it would makes sense to make Waterson/Thug for the next shot after that.

Last edited:
On of them should face esparza next. Just to take Esparza and her boring style out of the top. THEN they should face each other for #1 Contender.

Idk maybe, Namajunas x Gadelha, Waterson x Esparza.

On of them should face esparza next. Just to take Esparza and her boring style out of the top. THEN they should face each other for #1 Contender.

Interesting.

That's very risky lol.

If they want to build Namajunas and Waterson as contenders, they won't put them against each other, because that will cannibalize them. If I had the book, I'd make Namajunas vs Moroz and Waterson vs Esparza.

That's very risky lol.
Namajunas is more active, lost recently but can bounce back, if she fights someone like Gadelha (and win it) She's closer to a title shot. If she loses she's till up there with that pack.

That was Michelle's second fight in the UFC, if she fights Rose next (and beat her) it will put Rose FAR back from anybody near a title shot. And still not put Michelle that close to the top.

Esparza has a good position to be taken and her style is boring, nobody wants to watch that.

If they want to build Namajunas and Waterson as contenders, they won't put them against each other, because that will cannibalize them. If I had the book, I'd make Namajunas vs Moroz and Waterson vs Esparza.
We can all agree on Esparza vs Waterson being interesting but why not Thug vs Gadhela? Both are top 5.

Namajunas is more active, lost recently but can bounce back, if she fights someone like Gadelha (and win it) She's closer to a title shot. If she loses she's till up there with that pack.

That was Michelle's second fight in the UFC, if she fights Rose next (and beat her) it will put Rose FAR back from anybody near a title shot. And still not put Michelle that close to the top.

Esparza has a good position to be taken and her style is boring, nobody wants to watch that.
Thug vs Gadehla makes sense to me but now Waterson is top ten in the UFC so she will be fighting a top contender next and Esparza might be up next.

How so?

All are ranked next to each other, and if Waterson was successful she'd without a doubt be ready for a title fight.
If both Rose and Waterson lose they'll be short on fresh challengers.

We can all agree on Esparza vs Waterson being interesting but why not Thug vs Gadhela? Both are top 5.
Gadelha isn't getting a title shot any time soon; putting Namajunas against her is risky because, if Namajunas loses, that's two in a row she'll have loss and that severely damages her credibility as a contender, while it does little to help Gadelha, who is still multiple wins away from a title shot.

I'm not looking at this as, "What will bring us the best fights", but more "What will give us the most title contenders". If Namajunas wins, she gets back in the win column and builds momentum for at title shot; if Moroz wins, she'll have won 3 straight and have a good reason to be given a title shot. Gadelha winning helps nobody, because she's many wins away from a title shot after having lost to the champion twice, even if they were close fights.

Gadelha isn't getting a title shot any time soon; putting Namajunas against her is risky because, if Namajunas loses, that's two in a row she'll have loss and that severely damages her credibility as a contender, while it does little to help Gadelha, who is still multiple wins away from a title shot.

I'm not looking at this as, "What will bring us the best fights", but more "What will give us the most title contenders". If Namajunas wins, she gets back in the win column and builds momentum for at title shot; if Moroz wins, she'll have won 3 straight and have a good reason to be given a title shot. Gadelha winning helps nobody, because she's many wins away from a title shot after having lost to the champion twice, even if they were close fights.
Agree, too risky to put Waterson and Rose both against people who aren't going to be compelling challengers if they win.

If both Rose and Waterson lose they'll be short on freah challengers.
Not how I see it. The straw weight division is pretty full. Most have already fought against JJ so the experience for the new contenders would be good. Its kind of genius.

No she isn't!

WARsparza
I'm sorry if you're a fan but i try my best to not sound offensive talking about her.

I don't mind dominant grappling at all, but she doesn't attempt subs or goes fro GnP after getting her takedowns and that not only frustrates the public but matchmakers.

Not how I see it. The straw weight division is pretty full. Most have already fought against JJ so the experience for the new contenders would be good. Its kind of genius.
But who will they put against JJ after Andrade in that case, Moroz?

3 of the top 5 (and 3 of the top 10) have fought the champion; ranks 4 through 10 all haven't fought her yet, so, I think that's more of a matter of perception, rather than reality.

Edit: Also, funny how fast Letourneau fell out of the top 10, to #13.

Back