Thread for people who do not like or appreciate Canelo, a question for you...

Let's be honest the wide cards get to ppl as well. They feel like true or not, he gets at least one judge in many of his fights to give him a generous card. Trout, Floyd, GGG 1, etc. Not his fault but I can see how that's frustrating, if not unique.
Yeah that's my exact problem with Canelo. He has judges on his side in every close fight even against fucking Floyd! So I'm expected to be wowed if Canelo goes to the scorecards against Smith where he wins an undeserved wide decision?

i don't like canelo, but it's because he's a PED cheat, because he consistently gets ridiculous scorecards in his favor, and because he acted like a douchenozzle when he got caught.

kovalev was shopworn and the only champ at 175 that he stood a chance against, bivol and gvozdyk would have beaten him, and beterbiev would have buried him.

but canelo fights like a man, and he fights a lot of top guys. not to mention all of his fights are exciting.

you can be a detractor and still give him props, or be a fan and still acknowledge his obvious faults.

Yeah that's my exact problem with Canelo. He has judges on his side in every close fight even against fucking Floyd! So I'm expected to be wowed if Canelo goes to the scorecards against Smith where he wins an undeserved wide decision?
You still make bogus claims about how hell duck top fighters. Like you said hed never fight Callum.

i don't like canelo, but it's because he's a PED cheat, because he consistently gets ridiculous scorecards in his favor, and because he acted like a douchenozzle when he got caught.

kovalev was shopworn and the only champ at 175 that he stood a chance against, bivol and gvozdyk would have beaten him, and beterbiev would have buried him.

but canelo fights like a man, and he fights a lot of top guys. not to mention all of his fights are exciting.

you can be a detractor and still give him props, or be a fan and still acknowledge his obvious faults.
Fair enough!

You still make bogus claims about how hell duck top fighters. Like you said hed never fight Callum.
I never made 'bogus' claims, I criticised him for announcing fights with fighters who were not fit to lick Callum Smith's boot's. Point out where I said he'd never fight Callum.

I never made 'bogus' claims, I criticised him for announcing fights with fighters who were not fit to lick Callum Smith's boot's. Point out where I said he'd never fight Callum.
Quite the contradictions here. Kova isnt fit to lick Callums boots, but Canelo was mental for fighting him, according to you.
Canelo should be chasing Callum Smith. He's ducking him which doesn't surprise me.
Canelo is mental if this is true. Fair play to him though he's doing what Mayweather wouldn't do and that's going up and up until he finds his actual limit in terms of size. Kovalev has fallen off a bit but he's still really dangerous especially against a much smaller opponent like Canelo.

Canelo might not have fast feet, but the goalposts sure do, I've never such fast movement and changes of directions in boxing as I have watching the goalposts move in relation to Canelo, its remarkable!

Willie Pep, take notes!

Still nobody has managed to actually answer TS thread starter.

who the F does he need to beat convincingly now to give him props?

I read every reply in this thread and it just shows how hard people love to shout but when questioned, simply divert.

Quite the contradictions here. Kova isnt fit to lick Callums boots, but Canelo was mental for fighting him, according to you.
Kovalev wasn't an opponent I criticised Canelo for chasing as you can see from my post. That just shows I give credit where credit is due. Sorry you got confused. I'm talking about luminaries like Plant, Yildrim and Munguia. I suppose all of them are shit hot in your eyes?

And yes he was ducking Smith. Which is why we got the afore mentioned names brought up instead of Callum. So Canelo has come around to a good opponent. It's not the first time it's happened in the history of boxing. I said he should chase him and he did, eventually. It only took him a year to announce Smith as an opponent. How many shit opponents were named in the mean time?

Last edited:
Kovalev wasn't an opponent I criticised Canelo for chasing as you can see from my post. That just shows I give credit where credit is due. Sorry you got confused. I'm talking about luminaries like Plant, Yildrim and Munguia. I suppose all of them are shit hot in your eyes?

And yes he was ducking Smith. Which is why we got the afore mentioned names brought up instead of Callum. So Canelo has come around to a good opponent. It's not the first time it's happened in the history of boxing. I said he should chase him and he did, eventually. It only took him a year to announce Smith as an opponent. How many shit opponents were named in the mean time?
You claimed he was fighting people not fit to lick Callums boots but in reality he was fighting someone you called him mental for stepping in the ring with. Plant is a quality opponent. Callum, along with BJS, had already turned down 8 million to fight Canelo earlier this year so lets stop with the absolute nonsense that Canelo has ever or will ever duck Callum.

You claimed he was fighting people not fit to lick Callums boots but in reality he was fighting someone you called him mental for stepping in the ring with. Plant is a quality opponent. Callum, along with BJS, had already turned down 8 million to fight Canelo earlier this year so lets stop with the absolute nonsense that Canelo has ever or will ever duck Callum.
NO read again I CLEARLY claimed I didn't like that he was announcing fights against people not fit to lick Callum's boots, well after I gave him praise for taking the Kovalev fight. Your reading comprehension needs a lot of work or you are trying make shit up. Plant is shit, 20 fights against who? With a 60% KO rate. Hardly a challenge to Canelo. And the Kovalev fight was last November so a whole year before he named Smith as the fight. In the meantime we got Munguia, Plant and Yildrim instead of the obvious choice which was Smith.

NO read again I CLEARLY claimed I didn't like that he was announcing fights against people not fit to lick Callum's boots, well after I gave him praise for taking the Kovalev fight. Your reading comprehension needs a lot of work or you are trying make shit up. Plant is shit, 20 fights against who? With a 60% KO rate. Hardly a challenge to Canelo. And the Kovalev fight was last November so a whole year before he named Smith as the fight. In the meantime we got Munguia, Plant and Yildrim instead of the obvious choice which was Smith.
Keep ignoring that Callum had already turned the fight down.

No, I'm asking, "who does Canelo have to KO in stunning fashion" to satisfy "you"? (you being anyone who still isnt impressed or even are critical of Canelo)

1: Box up Fury to a UD

2: Stop Wilder inside 5

3: Stop Joshua inside 8

4: Defeat Ruiz in a eating contest in an intense 2 out of 3

Round 1: warm up = Elotes
Round 2: = Tacos
Final Round: = Gorditas

Salsa de Pico de Gallo (Optional)

Keep ignoring that Callum had already turned the fight down.
Callum turned down the fight based on what he was being offered and now seems happy with what he's been offered so he's taken the fight. It's called negotiating. And if Canelo lowballed him the first time round then it's as good as a duck.

Callum turned down the fight based on what he was being offered and now seems happy with what he's been offered so he's taken the fight. It's called negotiating. And if Canelo lowballed him the first time round then it's as good as a duck.

not necessarily a duck, he might not pull off the same numbers but these guys have values they stand on. It coulda been an issue with Golden boy for all we know. We can only speculate as I figure it’s sometimes a lot more complexed personally.

8 million, his words. Glad we agree Canelo isnt ducking him.

Plant would have a real chance to beat Smith and is unquestionably a top SMW. He certainly has never looked as poor as Smith did against Ryder. Don't really know where you're getting the Canelo was ducking Smith from.

Back