Thread for people who do not like or appreciate Canelo, a question for you...

borntoloseNOT

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Okay, before I go on, this is not an attack, I am just confused. I think I'm not the only one. So, to the best of your ability Canelo fans, try not to post in this thread, this is a safe zone for the detractors.

Alright, here's the question:

If Canelo is not making the fights you want to see, who is in your honest estimation is the healthy, not past their prime, both ranked and qualified opponent you would say, "ok, I'm still a detractor because of that one thing I dont like from before, but this version of Canelo is taking a super dangerous fight, and moreover if he wins I will be impressed"?

Answer the actual question, dont invalidate your response by saying "but hes a cheater so I'll just move the goalposts forever" because even the biggest hater has to have someone in mind they want to rearrange Canelos face, and if they fail and Canelo whoops their ass they'd have to eat crow. So who is it?

Depends on if he beats them convincingly or not.

Not only is he taking a super dangerous fight but he's also taking the least rewarding fight.

I like Canelo, but as a bigger GGG fan and them being my ppl, I can tell you a large part is b/c GGG and Canelo can be considered rivals and very few GGG fans are okay w/ one or both of the outcomes of their two fights.

I don't take it personally, I have a ton of respect for Cinnamon but if I'm always ready to take a shot at him for the Clen thing and the fact he got a pretty good deal in that first GGG fight, then lesser fans of Canelo will surely do at least that and more.

That's my take, at least.

It's not hypothetical. Name one other top guy he's ko'd
He's not really a one shot kill guy, tho. I get that. He got lower level opponents like Kirkland, Khan, Baldomir with one shot, Fielding to the body. Nobody special but he's never been know to one shot kill anyone like that. And tbh neither was GGG. He got that Japanese guy good tho. That shit was amazing.

He's not really a one shot kill guy, tho. I get that. He got lower level opponents like Kirkland, Khan, Baldomir with one shot, Fielding to the body. Nobody special but he's never been know to one shot kill anyone like that. And tbh neither was GGG. He got that Japanese guy good tho. That shit was amazing.

Not speaking of 1 shot in particular. Just a finish or a dominant performance.

That Ishida KO was pretty sick. Ishida's chin was durable and he'd never been stopped before.

No, I'm asking, "who does Canelo have to KO in stunning fashion" to satisfy "you"? (you being anyone who still isnt impressed or even are critical of Canelo)

Another top guy on his level

Back