Thread for people who do not like or appreciate Canelo, a question for you...

Canelo wins by KO in the cleanest, no controversy manner possible. Who does he have to beat in such a fashion to silence doubt?
He's a great fighter, doesnt throw enough for me; but when guys like you make him out to be SRL, you need to be tempered. This upcoming fight is going 12 rds, all eyes will be on the scorecards and Benavidez beats the shit out of clen btw.

I respect Alvarez's accomplishments as a fighter but I've never been a fan nor will I ever be a fan of his. I've followed his career closely over the years & I'll continue to do so. But I rarely, if ever, cheer for him. He just has never inspired any sort of feeling of admiration from me. I don't hate him but I don't like him either. He basically just another fighter to me.

He's a great fighter, doesnt throw enough for me; but when guys like you make him out to be SRL, you need to be tempered. This upcoming fight is going 12 rds, all eyes will be on the scorecards and Benavidez beats the shit out of clen btw.
So if he KOs Benavidez you'll be like, "yer alright, Alvarez" ?

If hed had beaten GGG or Jacobs more convincingly for starters. Charlo, any of the 168 guys.
The Jacobs fight wasnt even close.

Im curious now though, who is impressive to you? Surely Golovkin isnt either since he doesnt convincingly beat the other top guys. How about Charlo, or the 168s? Who is impressive, and why? They must have done more than Canelo right?

Im curious now though, who is impressive to you? Surely Golovkin isnt either since he doesnt convincingly beat the other top guys. How about Charlo, or the 168s? Who is impressive, and why? They must have done more than Canelo right?

We aren't talking about them though, are we.

Im curious now though, who is impressive to you? Surely Golovkin isnt either since he doesnt convincingly beat the other top guys.
Maybe they're not? Like you say nobody is clearly superior. Rather than the fabulous four maybe they're more like the 80s HWs minus Tyson?

Name another fighter who gets held to this arbitrary standard.

It's not an unobtainable standard and a lot of fighters are held by it. And I can name a lot of fighters who I feel meet those standards. That's the problem with canelo apologists. They expect everyone to curve their grading system for him and get defensive of any critique. I honestly don't feel like I'm being overly unfair toward him at all.

It's not an unobtainable standard and a lot of fighters are held by it. And I can name a lot of fighters who I feel meet those standards. That's the problem with canelo apologists. They expect everyone to curve their grading system for him and get defensive of any critique. I honestly don't feel like I'm being overly unfair toward him at all.
I can't think of any other fighter that meets that standard today. Maybe Estrada now that he stopped Cuadras? It's not unobtainable, but it is absolutely arbitrary. It's indefensible by any objective measure.

I can't think of any other fighter that meets that standard today. Maybe Estrada now that he stopped Cuadras? It's not unobtainable, but it is absolutely arbitrary. It's indefensible by any objective measure.

I think fury meets it. I think ward when he was active met it. Loma meets it imo.

Manny meets it

I think fury meets it. I think ward when he was active met it. Loma meets it imo.
What great fighters has Fury KO'd? Ward? Loma? If Canelo one-punching Kovalev doesn't count, how you can you objectively place corner/doctor stoppages ahead of that?

Pacquiao is the only fighter I think you can make that argument for and you didn't even mention him.

Back