Thread for people who do not like or appreciate Canelo, a question for you...

the fight didn't, but danny kinda did. i honestly believed he had the style to beat canelo.

danny has the speed, the technique, the reach, he's big, he can fight southpaw, he packs power, he's intelligent, he doesn't gas... but it seemed to me like he just never pulled the trigger. he fought a routine kind of fight, not the fight of his career - which this definitely should have been.

now, canelo making him miss all night and countering him absolutely had a lot to do with that. but i just felt like danny had a couple more gears he could go into and just never did it.
He may have been able to, but I think its more likely hed have gone out on his shield and gotten finished. Id imagine there is quite the mental toll when youre missing quite a bit and they walk through your biggest punches.

He may have been able to, but I think its more likely hed have gone out on his shield and gotten finished. Id imagine there is quite the mental toll when youre missing quite a bit and they walk through your biggest punches.
definitely. but then again, he's unlikely to land a fight this big again, and he did lose it.

i guess i expected him to go all or nothing, but to be fair it's his brain that gets scrambled if he fucks up, not mine.

You are qualifying a boxing fan's dislike of Canelo on the premise and tense of your question. It's not just some of his match-making in the present as, let's be honest, COVID isn't helping anybody so I don't hold that against him. His past shows that most of his best wins WERE against faded opponents. That's not really convincing neutral fans who like the sport. Several of his best wins: Lara and GGG x2 arguably aren't REAL wins in the eyes of a startling number of people. Basically every top win except Trout, Lara, and Jacobs is against a guy on the downslope of his prime. Lara and Trout, to me are his BEST wins because those guys were actually at the top of their game and were legit threats at the time of the fight.

In summation, any dislike they have is rooted in the past and therefore they hold the present suspect until they are proven wrong. CoVID is jamming things up a lot. Canelo will really need some big fights without asterisks to change the opinion of said "haters," and that won't be easy because of his history and usage of PEDs and the judging that gives him the benefit of the doubt of every close round.

more than ANYTHING, because of those things, Canelo has created a fan gap for himself that won't be bridged. He will never get universal respect or acclaim because of who he is.

I'm in the middle. He has made some good fights and has real talent and he went after two guys (Trout and Lara) that nobody wanted to touch, but he's also a filthy cheater who is awarded rounds he has no business winning, and I just don't respect that.

You are qualifying a boxing fan's dislike of Canelo on the premise and tense of your question. It's not just some of his match-making in the present as, let's be honest, COVID isn't helping anybody so I don't hold that against him. His past shows that most of his best wins WERE against faded opponents. That's not really convincing neutral fans who like the sport. Several of his best wins: Lara and GGG x2 arguably aren't REAL wins in the eyes of a startling number of people. Basically every top win except Trout, Lara, and Jacobs is against a guy on the downslope of his prime. Lara and Trout, to me are his BEST wins because those guys were actually at the top of their game and were legit threats at the time of the fight.

In summation, any dislike they have is rooted in the past and therefore they hold the present suspect until they are proven wrong. CoVID is jamming things up a lot. Canelo will really need some big fights without asterisks to change the opinion of said "haters," and that won't be easy because of his history and usage of PEDs and the judging that gives him the benefit of the doubt of every close round.

more than ANYTHING, because of those things, Canelo has created a fan gap for himself that won't be bridged. He will never get universal respect or acclaim because of who he is.

I'm in the middle. He has made some good fights and has real talent and he went after two guys (Trout and Lara) that nobody wanted to touch, but he's also a filthy cheater who is awarded rounds he has no business winning, and I just don't respect that.
This reads as “all of his best wins were against bums with the exception of all of his best wins.” No one gives him a massive amount of credit for beating fighters like Mosley.

Someone has to win every fight, even the close ones. Do we pretend Barrera & Morales never beat each other because their fights were so close? Saddler & Pep? Pacquiao & Marquez? To discredit Canelo for winning close fights with Golovkin and Lara is flat-out ridiculous.

I remember the best punch of the fight been landed by Jacobs and can elo didn't walk through it.

This reads as “all of his best wins were against bums with the exception of all of his best wins.” No one gives him a massive amount of credit for beating fighters like Mosley.

Someone has to win every fight, even the close ones. Do we pretend Barrera & Morales never beat each other because their fights were so close? Saddler & Pep? Pacquiao & Marquez? To discredit Canelo for winning close fights with Golovkin and Lara is flat-out ridiculous.

If that's how you want to read it sure. You are wrong, but if you want to be wrong, fine with me.

i don't like canelo, but it's because he's a PED cheat, because he consistently gets ridiculous scorecards in his favor, and because he acted like a douchenozzle when he got caught.

kovalev was shopworn and the only champ at 175 that he stood a chance against, bivol and gvozdyk would have beaten him, and beterbiev would have buried him.

but canelo fights like a man, and he fights a lot of top guys. not to mention all of his fights are exciting.

you can be a detractor and still give him props, or be a fan and still acknowledge his obvious faults.

"Can," but both "sides" won't, even while they agree with this post.

still, wasnt during the klitchko fight. Almost a year before.

Which is... Not what you said.

You said:

upload_2020-11-21_10-48-27.png

Which as I've pointed out, he did indeed fail a test which calls the result into question & the only reason it does not & is not talked about is because he got off on a bullshit technicality based on the shady backroom maneouvring of lawyers.

definitely. but then again, he's unlikely to land a fight this big again, and he did lose it.

i guess i expected him to go all or nothing, but to be fair it's his brain that gets scrambled if he fucks up, not mine.
I think his corner may have bit him in the ass a bit. They told him he was up late in the fight. If he knew he was down, Id like to think Danny would have went all out.

Which is... Not what you said.

You said:

View attachment 815649

Which as I've pointed out, he did indeed fail a test which calls the result into question & the only reason it does not & is not talked about is because he got off on a bullshit technicality based on the shady backroom maneouvring of lawyers.

? How does that go against what I said.

Lamest debunk ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back