Thread for people who do not like or appreciate Canelo, a question for you...

What great fighters has Fury KO'd? Ward? Loma? If Canelo one-punching Kovalev doesn't count, how you can you objectively place corner/doctor stoppages ahead of that?

Pacquiao is the only fighter I think you can make that argument for and you didn't even mention him.

I explained previously that even a signature or dominant victory would do.

Fury beat wlad and wilder. Ward beat kovalev and Dawson. Manny I don't even need to explain. I am second guessing loma but he made rigo quit.

I explained previously that even a signature or dominant victory would do.

Fury beat wlad and wilder. Ward beat kovalev and Dawson. Manny I don't even need to explain. I am second guessing loma but he made rigo quit.
Canelo has dominant victories over Jacobs/Kovalev/Cotto.

He's a great fighter, doesnt throw enough for me; but when guys like you make him out to be SRL, you need to be tempered. This upcoming fight is going 12 rds, all eyes will be on the scorecards and Benavidez beats the shit out of clen btw.

You think Benavidez, with how much he opens himself to gets countered, destroys Canelo? Doesn't sound particularly well thought out. What are you basing this on? Benavidez is very talented, but inconsistent and still very raw.

Thata a shit list outside of Pac and Ward and lmao @ pretending Fury or Loma has done more, or done more impressively, than Canelo. You are absolutely delusional.
Don't be fooled. He didn't mention Manny until I did for him.

Ok Ill play along. If he stops Smith, awesome achievement but if he beats Smith throwing 5 shots a round he can fuck off.
Youre the guy who said hed never fight Smith. Now he has to dominate according to your standards of dominate or he can fuck off.

You simply cant look past your dislike of him.

I think fury meets it. I think ward when he was active met it. Loma meets it imo.

Manny meets it

Canelo's resume is about 10x better than Lomachenko and Fury's, yet they're clearly levels above? I don't get it.

I didnt realize we werent allowed to. But in reality we both know you just want to shit on Canelo lol.

Okay yes I enjoy hating on canelo this is known but that was not born in a vaccum it's a result of how I perceive his career. Even with that in the equation I still don't think I'm being particularly unfair at all. Like I've said before I really think his kovalev win is a good win and his best so far. If anything id argue that I'm forgiving a bigger net amount of things as a hater than you guys are objectively critiquing as supporters. At least in the realm of objectivity. Seriously, I go way harder on Joshua and Wilder, and I like wilder way way more than canelo.

Last edited:
You think Benavidez, with how much he opens himself to gets countered, destroys Canelo? Doesn't sound particularly well thought out. What are you basing this on? Benavidez is very talented, but inconsistent and still very raw.
The dog in him, Canelo needs a slow pace, if he cant hurt him imagine? Canelo's workrate pains me.

Thata a shit list outside of Pac and Ward and lmao @ pretending Fury or Loma has done more, or done more impressively, than Canelo. You are absolutely delusional.

Fury shutout klitchko and stopped wilder. Canelo never shutout anyone and his best ko besides kovalev is a blown up amir khan

Cotto win is okay.
The lineal champion coming off a brutal beatdown of the king of the division? If you wanna say it's not the best version of Cotto, that's fine. We all agree. Cotto still went up a division and stopped the lineal champ, dropping him 4 times.

The lineal champion coming off a brutal beatdown of the king of the division? If you wanna say it's not the best version of Cotto, that's fine. We all agree. Cotto still went up a division and stopped the lineal champ, dropping him 4 times.

I'm glad we agree

I respect Alvarez's accomplishments as a fighter but I've never been a fan nor will I ever be a fan of his. I've followed his career closely over the years & I'll continue to do so. But I rarely, if ever, cheer for him. He just has never inspired any sort of feeling of admiration from me. I don't hate him but I don't like him either. He basically just another fighter to me.

He's pretty interesting, his body type and power, youd not expect this measured elusive counter puncher. He was a work in progress back when, and still is now, but how far he has progressed with his defense is very evident now, and seeing him grow to that point has been cool for me personally, but I could see early Canelo leaving a lasting first impression and not a spectacular one. Still, we've agreed on some fighters in past, guys I'd classify as "another fighter", but Canelo really stands out for me. And his resume speaks volumes.

Youre the guy who said hed never fight Smith. Now he has to dominate according to your standards of dominate or he can fuck off.

You simply cant look past your dislike of him.
Did I? Like revoltub said, 'beats convincingly' .. well, more convincingly than Ryder<45>

Fury shutout klitchko and stopped wilder. Canelo never shutout anyone and his best ko besides kovalev is a blown up amir khan
Washed up Klitschko in a fight which Fury literally did nothing. Failed a PED test and ducked a rematch.

Canelo has many, many wins better than Wilder.

News flash, KO’s dont win anymore than decisions do. You must think Mayweather is a bum.

Back