Thread for people who do not like or appreciate Canelo, a question for you...

I'd probably take 70 degrees right now, lol. Snow is always nice at first until you realize you're going to have to put up with it for another 4 months.

tenor.gif

Problem is that I don't shit about global warming or anything. I believe in it tho b/c 15 years ago this shit was not happening. Mf'ers are mowing their lawns in November looking up at the sky like "Isn't this supposed to be shovel season?"

I love the cold. I miss the days where I my hair would freeze into icicles when I would walk to school and I would lose feeling in my ears for 20mins after. The good ole days <45><45><45>.

Yeah I feel the same way. Great fighter and all but he isn’t someone that I gravitate to. I’ll watch him fight don’t get me wrong I’m just not a super fan.

Yep. Same, bro.

I watch all his fights & I hope that they turn out to be good. But, other than the GGG fights, I never get particularly excited about them.

What wins/performances in particular stand out to you?

Beating Golovkin in their second fight is very impressive. It was an extremely competitive fight, but still stands as one of the more impressive wins of recent years. Beating Jacobs a fair bit more clearly than Golovkin was very impressive. Beating Cotto soundly was impressive. I had the Lara fight drawish, but then again, Lara was without question an elite fighter and a very bad matchup for him. These are all elite wins.

Do I hold him up as an ATG? Not yet, nor do I think he'd beat any of the top 5 MWs of all time, but he's been the top guy in the sport of the last 5-6 years. In many ways, I think he's likely to be the fighter of interregnum between the Mayweather/Pacquiao era the next generational talent(s) in boxing. Not at that level, but still clearly a great fighter.

Last edited:
Beating Golovkin in their second fight is very impressive. It was an extremely competitive fight, but still stands as one of the more impressive wins of recent years. Beating Jacobs a fair bit more clearly than Golovkin was very impressive. Beating Cotto soundly was impressive. I had the Lara fight drawish, but then again, Lara was without question an elite fighter and a very bad matchup for him. These are all elite wins.

Do I hold him up as an ATG? Not yet, nor do I think he'd beat any of the top 5 MWs of all time, but he's been the top guy in the sport of the last 5-6 years. In many ways, I think he's likely to be the fighter of interregnum between the Mayweather/Pacquiao era the next generational talent(s) in boxing. Not quite at that level, but still clearly a great fighter.
THe Trout win was pretty tight too.

Do I hold him up as an ATG? Not yet, nor do I think he'd beat any of the top 5 MWs of all time, but he's been the top guy in the sport of the last 5-6 years. In many ways, I think he's likely to be the fighter of interregnum between the Mayweather/Pacquiao era the next generational talent(s) in boxing. Not at that level, but still clearly a great fighter.

I don't disagree with a lot of this besides the ggg fights. I thought GGG won easily both times.

It's clearly Fury's best win (and Fury only really has 2 genuinely good wins) and it was an incredibly underwhelming offensive performance. At the same time, you're criticizing numerous genuinely good wins by Canelo because he wasn't offensively overwhelming in them (the only fight where Canelo generated as little offense as Fury did was against Mayweather). It's completely inconsistent.

Not overwhelming offensive.

Dominant.

You just hate on fury.

As a hater, I know a hater when I see one.
Did Fury fail a test for steroids and did he give Wlad his rematch?

That is entirely false btw. Nothing but praise for Fury’s comeback and his dominance over Wilder.

Did Fury fail a test for steroids and did he give Wlad his rematch?

That is entirely false btw. Nothing but praise for Fury’s comeback and his dominance over Wilder.

What test did he fail in the first klitchko fight? Funny because I don't see a NC next to that win.

Yeah. Right after Trout clearly beat Cotto.
he's also proven to be pretty competitive with the elite at 154 (Jermall and Hurd, and even Jermell in spots while he was borderline shot; only Lara truly outclassed him and that fight sucked lol).

People have a hard time giving credit to fighters they dislike.

I don’t really like Canelo, but I’m not sure how you can deny him the number one spot today.

As for risky fights, well, to me he’s clearly above anyone at 160 and 168 today - nothing wrong with cleaning up 168 or fighting Big Charlo, though. The tougher challenges are at 175. A Bivol or a Beterbiev fight would be impressive as hell. I think Artur is a bridge too far until he starts slipping.

What test did he fail in the first klitchko fight? Funny because I don't see a NC next to that win.

Fury is well known to have failed tests for Nandrolone. Stop talking absolute shite.

He served a two year ban that was disguised as time out of the ring with drug and alcohol addiction. Get your head out of your arse.

Fury is well known to have failed tests for Nandrolone. Stop talking absolute shite.

He served a two year ban that was disguised as time out of the ring with drug and alcohol addiction. Get your head out of your arse.

But again, didn't fail anything to overturn that first Wlad fight.

Also canelo has failed a test too. But funny you guys let that one slide.

Also canelo has failed a test too. But funny you guys let that one slide.
No one has let it slide. He served his time and no one missed their due rematch.

Apologies for sticking my oar in but actually the positive results for Fury were in the fight before, vs Hammer; Fury's team's legal bullshit meant it was left hanging (& not even fucking reported on!) during the build-up to the Wlad fight & only came out when it threatened & then aborted the rematch with Wlad. Now, of course, no-one talks about it, having decided "Boxing champ's mental health demon's redemption" is a better narrative than "Fat drug-cheat cunt shouldn't really have been fighting for a title anyway but got away with it on a technicality & because we the media don't ever do our jobs properly we'll just sweep it under the rug".

Not having a go, but here in Linear Space Time Continuum A you'd think that failing a test which is gonna earn you a 2-yearish ban then being allowed to compete anyway might have some bearing on this conversation, but there you go.

Ahem.

As to the general gist of the way this thread's gone: both Fury & Alvarez are drug-cheating scumbag cunts, & I hope both of them fall down stairs.

That is all.

Apologies for sticking my oar in but actually the positive results for Fury were in the fight before, vs Hammer; Fury's team's legal bullshit meant it was left hanging (& not even fucking reported on!) during the build-up to the Wlad fight & only came out when it threatened & then aborted the rematch with Wlad. Now, of course, no-one talks about it, having decided "Boxing champ's mental health demon's redemption" is a better narrative than "Fat drug-cheat cunt shouldn't really have been fighting for a title anyway but got away with it on a technicality & because we the media don't ever do our jobs properly we'll just sweep it under the rug".

Not having a go, but here in Linear Space Time Continuum A you'd think that failing a test which is gonna earn you a 2-yearish ban then being allowed to compete anyway might have some bearing on this conversation, but there you go.

Ahem.

As to the general gist of the way this thread's gone: both Fury & Alvarez are drug-cheating scumbag cunts, & I hope both of them fall down stairs.

That is all.

still, wasnt during the klitchko fight. Almost a year before.

Back