Thoughts on Eryk Anders's soccer kick KO?

The kick is legal even if his one hand was still on the ground.

To be considered a "grounded opponent," 2 hands must be on the mat.

I thought it was 3 points—could be both feet and a hand or 2 knees and a hand.

JovialVigorousAntarcticfurseal-size_restricted.gif
AmusingCookedApatosaur-size_restricted.gif
HauntingAmusedAttwatersprairiechicken-size_restricted.gif

Some people were calling it illegal and a dirty move since he didn't let Tim get up first. What's your opinion?
My first thought on the matter is amazing timing and ring IQ to keep it legal. And as far as the legality, isn't the rule now that one hand down doesn't mean you're down any more? If so, I don't see why there's any debate on that point.

If anything it makes me wish we just made knees/kicks on the ground legal.

I thought it was 3 points—could be both feet and a hand or 2 knees and a hand.

Both hands are required if opoonent is not touching the ground with a knee.

1. Legal
2. Awesome
3. Those complaining about how he should have let him up....you've probably lost more fights than you should have with that dumb mentality. It's not a fighter's job in this sport to let a guy up just to give him another chance at beating him. Finish him.

He should have tried a Chris Weidman hand on the mat/hope for a dq

JovialVigorousAntarcticfurseal-size_restricted.gif
AmusingCookedApatosaur-size_restricted.gif
HauntingAmusedAttwatersprairiechicken-size_restricted.gif

Some people were calling it illegal and a dirty move since he didn't let Tim get up first. What's your opinion?

even if it was under the old rules tim hand was off the mat so what the problem.

under new rules even if his hand on the mat it still ok.

Timed to perfection in the legal side of things..

Should have head stomped him and shouted War PRIDE FC!!!!!!

His hands weren't on the mat. The dude saw an opportunity and went for it. It provided one of the most entertaining moments of the night. As far as I'm concerned it was legal and very entertaining

even if his hand was under the new rules that doesn't matter.

I can see why people don’t like it I guess...It was a very lucky shot, but it was a 100% legal shot. Luck is a part of all sports. If a basketball player hits a 3 pointer from half court with his off hand it’s still worth 3. It’s not like this is going to open the flood gates getting finished by controversial border-line soccer kicks on every card: That was a freak occurrence. He could have been been DQ’d easily but Got lucky and timed it right. Good for him for pulling it off:

Legal. I thought it was one hand but it's two. My bad.
Even Jimmy doesn't know the rules
I was unsure if people troll the thread. It really seems that the rule is not very well known yet

I was unsure if people troll the thread. It really seems that the rule is not very well known yet

is that from the new rule book.

doesn't matter in the end his hand came up any way

It was legal but not by intent. It was pure luck that it connected when it did as he’d already fired it when his hand was still on the ground .thats unless Had they adopted the new rules in Nebraska? If so it was fine either way

Illegal and dirty(depends on new rules, with new rules this not being a question of illegal)

It's just sherbrahs being like Cruz justifying illegal Stephans knee on Emmett

1. Legal
2. Awesome
3. Those complaining about how he should have let him up....you've probably lost more fights than you should have with that dumb mentality. It's not a fighter's job in this sport to let a guy up just to give him another chance at beating him. Finish him.
Its also totally legal to pretend to touch gloves then swing on the unsuspecting fighter. That doesnt mean it wasnt half assed and pretty cheap.

Back