Thoughts on Eryk Anders's soccer kick KO?

Dirty-ish, but very well within the rules, 2 hands or knee on the floor.

Last edited:
This is a dumb rule.

Should allow kicks to downed opponent (knees as well -to the head) it would end fights and get rid of guys who abuse it and bitch if fights are stopped when they turtle (specifically).
IIRC Serra turtled up against GSP...he paid for it.

Highlights how ridiculous the ban on soccer kicks/downed fighter is

TS why you no mention in OP that the Nebraska Athletic Commision has adopted the new unified rules of mma? trying to stir up a legal v illegal debate is pretty lame when the strike was by the book 100% & unquestionably legal.

No offense bro but did you read what I've posted?

JovialVigorousAntarcticfurseal-size_restricted.gif
AmusingCookedApatosaur-size_restricted.gif
HauntingAmusedAttwatersprairiechicken-size_restricted.gif

Some people were calling it illegal and a dirty move since he didn't let Tim get up first. What's your opinion?

I never said it was illegal, I'm talking about the reactions I've saw last night about it.

No offense bro but did you read what I've posted?

I never said it was illegal, I'm talking about the reactions I've saw last night about it.
I did & you should still should have mentioned that the strike was legal due to the new unified rules like a good TS.

That was as close to illegal as you can get

Anders got lucky it wasnt but they were never over turning that ko

It wasn't close to been illegal, only one hand was on the canvass when he initiated the kick.

This grounded fighter rule is sooo confusing. Don't both hands have to be touching the mat now or just one?

The new rules allow for it even if one hand was down. I just wonder if we are ever gonna see someone yanking an opponents hand off the ground and knee or kick him to the face.

The new rules allow for it even if one hand was down. I just wonder if we are ever gonna see someone yanking an opponents hand off the ground and knee or kick him to the face.
<{jackyeah}>

The kick is legal even if his one hand was still on the ground.

To be considered a "grounded opponent," 2 hands must be on the mat.

I thought it was super cool.

Great timing. Great balance. It landed great and won him the fight.

It was great.

Back