Those who Listen to Metal Music

Noodles03

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I don't really listen to metal, but being an outsider looking in and by passing their metal apparel, I notice that the majority of them are very down to earth, very easy going and they don't have a large ego. Is this the norm with metal fans?

I don't even think I have metals head in my entourage....

(I know I look like one, but no)

I don't really listen to metal, but being an outsider looking in and by passing their metal apparel, I notice that the majority of them are very down to earth, very easy going and they don't have a large ego. Is this the norm with metal fans?
Yes I would say so. The metal community is also the cleanest in terms of drugs and alcohol surprisingly.

Yes I would say so. The metal community is also the cleanest in terms of drugs and alcohol surprisingly.
That is a surprised. Is it because they don't really glamorize drugs and alcohol?

i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

I've spent time around a lot of various local bands and the metal guys are very disciplined and driven. The guy in my AV is Shagrath from Dimmu Borgir. He reminds me of few people I know in the metal community. Straight up classy and focused.

If I learned that a girl is a metal head, I assume right away that her daddy touched her when she was a child tbh....

If I learned that a girl is a metal head, I assume right away that her daddy touched her when she was a child tbh....
I don't know about the girls haha. But with the guys yeah perhaps they've experienced some kind of bullying or something, they definitely have aggression. But they let it out in the music, in a healthy way I'd say. And they're extremely technical and organized.

Metalheads were very open minded about things like race and sexual preferences of the artists before it became cool.

Even back in the 70s/80s:
"Rob Halford's gay?...whatever man...Metal God! LeTS Break the Lawww!!!!"

The "straight edge" metal dudes are kind of crazy though. I don't know if they're really around anymore. I've encountered a few in the past. If you do something like light up a cigarette or drink around them they want to kill you. Oh and they might be vegan too, so there's that!

Metal is a pretty wide genre, so hard to toss all that salad into one package, but, generally speaking, it's a working class' music. Metal heads should be down to earth. But, like most art and entertainment these days, it's dying a slow death and has been taken over by puritan gate keepers. And it's biggest downfall is blaming anyone for trying to go mainstream. Unlike rap, they have a problem celebrating success.

I'm not a big rap guy, but that's one thing they get right - fuck bitches, get paid. I support this message.

I've always thought metal heads were the coolest, most accepting music fans. They just don't give a crap. A genre that definitely doesn't take itself too seriously.

That is a surprised. Is it because they don't really glamorize drugs and alcohol?
That would be my guess.

Hip hop makes the selling of drugs a badge of honor, and drinking is just how you relax.

Country music constantly refers to beer and whiskey.

Even pop has more booze-related lyrics than metal

Metal is a pretty wide genre, so hard to toss all that salad into one package, but, generally speaking, it's a working class' music. Metal heads should be down to earth. But, like most art and entertainment these days, it's dying a slow death and has been taken over by puritan gate keepers. And it's biggest downfall is blaming anyone for trying to go mainstream. Unlike rap, they have a problem celebrating success.

I'm not a big rap guy, but that's one thing they get right - fuck bitches, get paid. I support this message.

Agree, the self proclaimed fans who try to classify what is real metal or get pissed when you mislabeled it are a cancer.

You have fuckers trying to say Black Sabbath, Priest or Maiden aren't metal despite many actual modern metal bands saying they most definitely are....and are to be considered Gods...

Fucking internet man...

if the metal isn't the formulaic radio stuff that's created to sell records but is created for the musicians and their friends as a form of expression then there's a sense of community, a kind of outsider club that anyone's welcomed to take part in...

Back