Those who insist Gus got robbed

I'll admit I'm completely biased towards Gustafsson because I'm a 6'7" Scandinavian, but I still think Gus won. Jones had absolutely nothing left for him in the final rounds. He had no power left behind his strikes and did not have the strength left to be able to hold him down even when he took him down.

70% of sherdog thinks gus either won or at least deserved a draw. That's a robbery in my book, I don't care about how close of a fight it was.

Winning comment!

:icon_lol:

Since 70% (counted and tested) of Sherdog says it's a robbery, must be a robbery!

Are more than likely younger people who are very impressionable by fighter who show a ton of heart. Its impossible to not be a fan of Gus after last night, hell hes one of my top 3 favorite fighters now. I think a huge flaw with this website though is the younger users who started watching 3 seasons of TUF ago and will insist the most likable fighter won until they are blue in the face.

Seems as if the "younger people who are very impressionable by fighter who show a ton of heart" know more about fighting than you do. please stop acting as if you an
elite mma-expert.

You Jones fans are becoming worse than Penn fans.

You guys are ignorant ass fucks, saying people are young, stupid or jealous, if they don't agree with you.

I know you like Jones......a lot, and his arrogance has clearly rubbed off on you, but maybe you should take a page out of your hero's book and be a little more humble after that beating.

Jones himself looked surprised he won.

When a fight is spent standing the whole time, the man that took more damage lost. There is no way you can say Gus took more damage. Not from Jones weak kicks, with those little chicken legs. Glancing shots to his head my ass, his lips alone proves otherwise.

I can stand these boards any more.

Peace out

loled hard.
Seems as if the "younger people who are very impressionable by fighter who show a ton of heart" know more about fighting than you do. please stop acting as if you an
elite mma-expert.

also loled hard. so much butthurt

I don't think Gus got robbed but many people expected Jon Jones to steamroll through Gus. I admit, I thought the same.

According to fight metric Gus stuffed more take downs and landed more strikes, but he wasn't aggressive enough. He was sort of making up, and picking his shots which is a good strategy but Jones was landing the cleaner more powerful hits.

I really hope Gus comes back strong but there is no doubt that Jones is the better fighter, it was just a lot closer than people thought.

As they say, "to beat the champ you got to take it to him".

Winning comment!

:icon_lol:

Since 70% (counted and tested) of Sherdog says it's a robbery, must be a robbery!

A better way to put it is, 70% of sherdog agrees that it was a robbery, myself included. Just because you are part of the small percentage that doesn't, doesn't mean that it wasn't.

It happens when somebody does well against a fighter they really hate.

Gus lands some glancing shots and makes Jones back up a lot, they're happy he's doing well so in their mind he's automatically winning.

Gus eats a ton of leg and body shots but they don't appear to have any immediate effect, so they give credit to Gus for being tough, instead of the guy actually landing the hard shots.

Yeah Glancing shots disfigured Jones's face, you delusional nutthugger you.

A better way to put it is, 70% of sherdog agrees that it was a robbery, myself included. Just because you are part of the small percentage that doesn't, doesn't mean that it wasn't.

Not only 70% of Sherdog, even 70% of the fighting pros think Jones lost.

Once again this is Machida vs Shogun I

Karma is a bitch and Jones is gonna feel that next fight.

The judge who scored it 49-46 for Jones shouldn't be there. Talk about bias...

If Gus had won the final round I would say he deserved the decision. The fight was so close that it came down to taht round IMO. If you think gus was ahead 3-1 going into the last round its your right . I don't think he was. Neither did the judges.

I think they split the first two, 3rd was close but edge Gus, 4th again close, but do you go for the end of the control for the majority? Close again. 5th close.

What bothers me about the decision is that the judging is so inconsistent. What are they looking for on any given night? Or any given round for that matter.

Good fight, but given the final outcome the judging seemed to be contradictory even between rounds...

A huge problem from a fan perspective is people are starting to use stats to make arguments whereas two significant strikes are not equal. It reminds me of when they added the laser puck to hockey to appease a certain demographic.

Are more than likely younger people who are very impressionable by fighter who show a ton of heart.

Or maybe it's because I watched him win at least the first 3 rounds? Me and the majority of people.

Yes us young people are dumb and just started watching tuf 3 seasons ago. Your right

The judge who scored it 49-46 for Jones shouldn't be there. Talk about bias...

Yeah that's the one that really gets me too... I'm not sure how you can even justify that because it means the judge would have to be placing different value on different things throughout different rounds...

Some of the rounds were almost opposites of each other. I can understand the 48-47s (even though I don't really agree) but 49-46? Wow.

no he didnt get robbed. more like a close fight. the 1st 3 rnds were really close

the ufc had too mutch to lose with jones losing. so they went the boxing way with a bs decision. Jones curling like Lesnar when he was getting powerpunched in the face. most peoples don't realise that.

The majority of ufc fighters who have commented so far think gus won it so your theory is worth exactly squat

Shogun got robbed in the fight against MAchida too right? Theres a difference between robbed and close fight. This was a close fight not a robbery and I was cheering for Gus to get the KO.

Au contraire. I dont think the newer fans know how the fight BUSINESS works. The UFC has a lot to lose with Bones losing. Not to mention how much money you had to bet in order to make profit on Jone's odds. Say whatever you want but Dana White is a notorious gambler. Jones left in a stretcher. landed 40 less significant strikes than Jones. The entire fight was on the feet and Jones was being schooled standing. Also, Rogan's face during the interview lol.

au contraire...

Shedog's Santis scored it for Jones.
Sherdog's Nelson scored it for Jones.
Sherdog's Whitman scored it for Jones.
MMAFighter.com scored it for Jones.
MMAJunkie.com scored it for Jones.
MMAWeekly scored it for Jones.
BJPenn.com scored it for Jones.
All three of the actual judges scored it for Jones.

Savor the taste of your wrongness.

Or maybe it's because I watched him win at least the first 3 rounds? Me and the majority of people.

Find me one journalist that scored the fight online and gave Gustafsson round 2. Gus got round 1. Like minds disagree on 3. Every single person that scored this thing online that has enough MMA knowledge to earn the right to voice their opinion on a legitimate website gave 2, 4, and 5 to Jones.

IMO Gus won it 3 rounds to 2. Every single person on my FB after the fights thought the same thing. To be honest I have yet to actually talk to someone who thought Jones won that. Of course, none of that makes a lick of difference. Just to note that it seems 2:1 people think Gus should have won, atleast from what I have seen online. I was def more annoyed last night with the outcome, but today it is what it is. Looking forward to how each man moves on from here. Still some quality matches to be made I think.

Back