Those who insist Gus got robbed

i left the bar confident jones won - it was close but he won the last two rounds and the first three were close, esp 2 and 3

i think it's rather silly that people say he got "robbed" or it was "bs". it was just a really close fight that could have gone either way.

your right man, I have no idea what a robbery or split decision is. I must be retarded who gave me a computer ? but if u read my post boy, then you would have saw I said "bones got his ass kicked" and "I thought Gus did more" sorry if I let u down. ill rewrite my post so u can understand it better. "imo gus got robbed, the fight should have been at least split decision in favor of Gus b/c I think he won rounds 1-3. 4 and 5 I gave to Bones. so when the score cards came in and it was even a split decision loss for Gus I was shocked , imo that's a rob right there. I thought GUS won, but not even a split decision that's the rob I see. "

I've got no problem you thought Gus won.

It wasn't a robbery though, cause it was a close fight, either way.

Gus had won? No robbery.

Jones won. No robbery.

Split decision has nothing to do with it

Lol. You're trying to rationalize your boy almost losing his title by giving an amateur psychological guess about what kind of people had a different opinion than you in a fight where the result can only be one of two things?

I haven't watched the fight yet, but don't go full retard TS.

1. Not everyone is as reserved with the term robbery as you are. Some people hold it up as a sacred term for the worst of the worst, other people use it for every bad decision. Deal with it.
2. Jones and Gustafsson both had good offense, but it was of a different enough sort where depending on what you emphasize, you could easily feel either guy won decisively.

I had it 48-47 Jones, but I'm a guy that gives more than average weight to attacks to the legs and body, and even then, I have no real beef with a Gustafsson scorecard. Of course a guy who sees those strikes as more of a means to an end and puts greater weight on combinations to the head is going to see it as a clear with for the Swede. There's no need for some sort of elaborate explanation for other peoples' scorecards that explains how they could have 'got it so wrong.' They see it differently, and they're not insane for it.

Gus clearly won one or two rounds, but JJ came the closest to finishing the fight at the end of the 4th. Gus was clearly winning the 4th until Jones put it on him and that round won the fight for jones. Gus was gassed in the 5th and I was worried he was going to get finished.

I also watched it at the bar, with no Joe Rogan commentary, however I am in Syracuse so everybody was cheering for Jones which could have affected me a bit but even considering that I still felt Jones won the fight. And fyi, I was rooting for gus and he's the only fighter who's shirts I buy so think about that before you flame me for being a JJ nuthugger.

Lol. You're trying to rationalize your boy almost losing his title by giving an amateur psychological guess about what kind of people had a different opinion than you in a fight where the result can only be one of two things?

I haven't watched the fight yet, but don't go full retard TS.

Um lol, it has nothing to do with psychology. Spend 10 minutes reading threads about "0mg guz wus robbeded" and I think you will see what I mean.

Gus is getting more credit for not being dead from the beating JJ put on him, than he is for his own offense. Its skewing a lot of peoples idea of the fight.

I've got no problem you thought Gus won.

It wasn't a robbery though, cause it was a close fight, either way.

Gus had won? No robbery.

Jones won. No robbery.

Split decision has nothing to do with it

people will disagree about this fight, that's obvious but I don't get how people see Bones won every round. i guess getting your takedowns stuffed 10 times doesn't matter and landing kicks couple double over strikes.

Um lol, it has nothing to do with psychology. Spend 10 minutes reading threads about "0mg guz wus robbeded" and I think you will see what I mean.

Gus is getting more credit for not being dead from the beating JJ put on him, than he is for his own offense. Its skewing a lot of peoples idea of the fight.

I've seen more threads saying that Gus was robbed than I have defending the decision. What I can tell from that, is however you scored it, it was a close fight. To write off the people who hold a different opinion as yourself as children is, well, childish.

people will disagree about this fight, that's obvious but I don't get how people see Bones won every round. i guess getting your takedowns stuffed 10 times doesn't matter and landing kicks couple double over strikes.

I've yet to see anyone arguing that Jones won every round.

Getting takedowns stuffed, however, played hugely into Jones' disfavour, as did Gus taking Jones down - and that's pretty interesting. Cause people wouldn't even have noticed if they were able to judge this particular fight on its own.

Au contraire. I dont think the newer fans know how the fight BUSINESS works. The UFC has a lot to lose with Bones losing. Not to mention how much money you had to bet in order to make profit on Jone's odds. Say whatever you want but Dana White is a notorious gambler. Jones left in a stretcher. landed 40 less significant strikes than Jones. The entire fight was on the feet and Jones was being schooled standing. Also, Rogan's face during the interview lol.

Oh please. The 'newer' fans, if what you say is to be taken seriously, still treat this as the WWE, with the evil UPPER MANAGEMENT handpicking their champions and making it nigh-impossible for anyone to beat them.

A close fight does not even come remotely close to being comparable to shit like that.

I scored round 1 & 3 Gus
Round 5 for Jones
Round 4 a draw, Gus dominated the round, Jones landed one huge blow
and Round 2 was a toss up.
If I was judge then fight would have been a draw or Gus win, but Jones winning certainly isn't a robbery because you could give him rounds 2 & 4.

Are more than likely younger people who are very impressionable by fighter who show a ton of heart. Its impossible to not be a fan of Gus after last night, hell hes one of my top 3 favorite fighters now. I think a huge flaw with this website though is the younger users who started watching 3 seasons of TUF ago and will insist the most likable fighter won until they are blue in the face.

Close fight? Absolutely, an all out war. Robbery? please go.

Shogun is my favorite fighter and I can not watch his fight with JJ. I have tried to hate JJ ever since he merked my hero, but theres no denying what he did last night. Defend his throne with incredible warrior spirit.

LOL you are a f'ing 'tard.
Wrong on all accounts.

Just because your boy won a robbed decision, doesn't make everyone else wrong.

the VAST MAJORITY scored a close fight for GUS.
I say chances are that the minority is wrong. even though, in theory, the judges were supposed to know better...they don't.
They often make terrible, asinine decisions and they are NEVER fired for their sloppy job.
I actually think this very fact is what is wrong with the judges. Since they have ZERO accountability, there's no reason to vote as they should.

And just in case you are wondering, I am half-way past 40, trained MMA for over a decade and followed Pride and UFC since before they made any money...

Not bragging, but just to show you an example as someone completely outside your assessment, that thought Gus was Robbed. Not the worse robbery (after Rua & Machida I it would be very hard to top that), but an obviously wrong decision (26-29 jones????)

I've seen more threads saying that Gus was robbed than I have defending the decision. What I can tell from that, is however you scored it, it was a close fight. To write off the people who hold a different opinion as yourself as children is, well, childish.

Its no secret that a lot of members of this forum look up to fighters as superheros. A significant amount of sherdog insists Gus was "robbed" while all the judges and every single form of mma media had Jones has a close yet clear winner. If they say Gus won thats one thing but to say he was robbed?

I had rounds 1-2 to Gus, 4-5 to Jones. When round 3 ended, I had no idea who the fuck took it. The decision did not bother me. To me it could have gone either way. It was a very close fight.

Its no secret that a lot of members of this forum look up to fighters as superheros. A significant amount of sherdog insists Gus was "robbed" while all the judges and every single form of mma media had Jones has a close yet clear winner. If they say Gus won thats one thing but to say he was robbed?

Again with the amateur psychology bs. Just stop; you're not improving your stance.

LOL you are a f'ing 'tard.
Wrong on all accounts.

Just because your boy won a robbed decision, doesn't make everyone else wrong.

the VAST MAJORITY scored a close fight for GUS.
I say chances are that the minority is wrong. even though, in theory, the judges were supposed to know better...they don't.
They often make terrible, asinine decisions and they are NEVER fired for their sloppy job.
I actually think this very fact is what is wrong with the judges. Since they have ZERO accountability, there's no reason to vote as they should.

And just in case you are wondering, I am half-way past 40, trained MMA for over a decade and followed Pride and UFC since before they made any money...

Not bragging, but just to show you an example as someone completely outside your assessment, that thought Gus was Robbed. Not the worse robbery (after Rua & Machida I it would be very hard to top that), but an obviously wrong decision (26-29 jones????)

Fair enough, you are one example that is outside the spectrum. I'm not going to say you are "wrong" but its clear we just have very different scoring criteria.

Interesting that we both agree Shogun/Cheeta was terrible but disagree on this.

Weidman solved this dilemma by knocking Silva out.

Back