Those who insist Gus got robbed

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Are more than likely younger people who are very impressionable by fighter who show a ton of heart. Its impossible to not be a fan of Gus after last night, hell hes one of my top 3 favorite fighters now. I think a huge flaw with this website though is the younger users who started watching 3 seasons of TUF ago and will insist the most likable fighter won until they are blue in the face.

Close fight? Absolutely, an all out war. Robbery? please go.

Shogun is my favorite fighter and I can not watch his fight with JJ. I have tried to hate JJ ever since he merked my hero, but theres no denying what he did last night. Defend his throne with incredible warrior spirit.

I just hope Gus gets a cameo in the next Thor. He's earned it.

It happens when somebody does well against a fighter they really hate.

Gus lands some glancing shots and makes Jones back up a lot, they're happy he's doing well so in their mind he's automatically winning.

Gus eats a ton of leg and body shots but they don't appear to have any immediate effect, so they give credit to Gus for being tough, instead of the guy actually landing the hard shots.

Gus lands some glancing shots and makes Jones back up a lot, they're happy he's doing well so in their mind he's automatically winning.

Gus eats a ton of leg and body shots but they don't appear to have any immediate effect, so they give credit to Gus for being tough, instead of the guy actually landing the hard shots.

Agreed, sums up exactly how I feel.

Au contraire. I dont think the newer fans know how the fight BUSINESS works. The UFC has a lot to lose with Bones losing. Not to mention how much money you had to bet in order to make profit on Jone's odds. Say whatever you want but Dana White is a notorious gambler. Jones left in a stretcher. landed 40 less significant strikes than Jones. The entire fight was on the feet and Jones was being schooled standing. Also, Rogan's face during the interview lol.

Rounds 1-2-3 were super close. Gus didn't get robbed, and had he won Jones wouldn't have been robbed. The rounds were that close, a robbery is when one guy clearly wins the whole world knows it and he doesn't get his hand raised. That fight could have gone either direction.

imo Gus got robbed. and when i say robbed i think its more of a rob in the sense that its wasn't a split decision at least. that's what makes me question the fight. i am not biased at all and Bones got his ass beat. the 4th round was close, 5th i'd give to Bones but 1-3 i thought Gus did more.

Bone's Thigh kicks over Gus's face punches??? while Gus landed 40 MORE? did you not see Jone's face? IT was worse than shad face, and he limped out of cage and went to the hospital. Why wasn't Gus limping if the thigh kicks were so effective?

Gus got robbed, plain and simple. 1,2 and 3 were easily his. The judge that gave Jones a 49 should be sacked immediately. An immediate rematch needs to happen. Gus made Jones look human

Of course a bit of it comes down to personal preference as well. In my book 15 thigh/knee kicks are worth more than 2 or 3 jabs to the face.

I rewatched the fight and honestly thought it wasnt as close as the first viewing. JJ was stalkings constantly, damaging legs/midsection/face and had him rocked with much harder shots than he was taking himself.

Younger fans who have never trained and probably never been in a fight themselves. Fueled by hate and jealousy.

imo Gus got robbed. and when i say robbed i think its more of a rob in the sense that its wasn't a split decision at least. that's what makes me question the fight. i am not biased at all and Bones got his ass beat. the 4th round was close, 5th i'd give to Bones but 1-3 i thought Gus did more.

You don't know what a robbery is, and you don't know what a split decision is.

You even say that " I thought he did more".

That's not robbery. In that case you would have been saying " he clearly won".

Lol. Robbed out of losing by split decision. Your right , dude got ripped off

Bone's Thigh kicks over Gus's face punches??? while Gus landed 40 MORE? did you not see Jone's face? IT was worse than shad face, and he limped out of cage and went to the hospital. Why wasn't Gus limping if the thigh kicks were so effective?

A lot of Gus' punches were ineffective. Yea JJ face looked fucked up but it was mainly superficial and all stemming from that glancing shot in the first. I have no problem admitting in my book leg kicks> glancing punches. The way JJ fights relatively flatfooted/defends strikes made it look like Gus was doing more than he was. I cant stress enough that I'm not trying to take anything away from Gus though.

Gus didn't show pain because hes a tough fucking viking warrior, but trust me he is in some serious pain today.

Why didn't Gus attack at all in the last 2 rounds if the kicks were so ineffective?

Gus's Jabs vs Jones power elbows? Yes I saw Jone's face. Gus did his damage early on, Jones had time to swell. Making somebody look ugly isn't a high priority on the judges scoring.

You don't know what a robbery is, and you don't know what a split decision is.

You even say that " I thought he did more".

That's not robbery. In that case you would have been saying " he clearly won".

your right man, I have no idea what a robbery or split decision is. I must be retarded who gave me a computer ? but if u read my post boy, then you would have saw I said "bones got his ass kicked" and "I thought Gus did more" sorry if I let u down. ill rewrite my post so u can understand it better. "imo gus got robbed, the fight should have been at least split decision in favor of Gus b/c I think he won rounds 1-3. 4 and 5 I gave to Bones. so when the score cards came in and it was even a split decision loss for Gus I was shocked , imo that's a rob right there. I thought GUS won, but not even a split decision that's the rob I see. "

This. Is 1 uppercut or overhand to the face equal to 1 kick to the leg? If judges think so, then something is very wrong.

Back