Those who insist Gus got robbed

It was a close fight. In a close fight, neither guy get's robbed, no matter how it goes. You can disagree with the decision, and I think 49-46 is silly, but robbed? No. It's just a shame something basically has to go wrong for a draw to happen.

I honestly believe that if gus was American and jones was Swedish, we would have had a new champion.

Are more than likely younger people who are very impressionable by fighter who show a ton of heart. Its impossible to not be a fan of Gus after last night, hell hes one of my top 3 favorite fighters now. I think a huge flaw with this website though is the younger users who started watching 3 seasons of TUF ago and will insist the most likable fighter won until they are blue in the face.

Close fight? Absolutely, an all out war. Robbery? please go.

Shogun is my favorite fighter and I can not watch his fight with JJ. I have tried to hate JJ ever since he merked my hero, but theres no denying what he did last night. Defend his throne with incredible warrior spirit.

Bro we get it you watched mma before it was "cool" and want everyone to know that. About the fight though I think Jon won. For me it all came down to the second round I personally gave it to Jon but could see someone giving it to Gus. Jon put his stamp on the 4/5 I think he definitely won those where as Gus won 1/3 for sure. Round 2 in my opinion could have gone to either guy. In a fight like this it doesn't matter who won we all know for a fact that they will eventually rematch. The fans won in this fight give credit to both guys they both gave everything they had and put on one amazing fight.

i left the bar confident jones won - it was close but he won the last two rounds and the first three were close, esp 2 and 3

Agreed.

I was standing up cheering for Gus but thought Jones did enough to get the very small edge.

Lets remember that when no one beat Jones many of these same robbery clowns were clinging to the view that Machida beat Jones handily in round 1 of their fight for the sole reason that he got off one good flurry. Bias and desire are a mind warping bitch. Guys want Jones to lose so badly that they see nothing but him losing every exchange while they minimize anything he does that wins them.

You Jones fans are becoming worse than Penn fans.

You guys are ignorant ass fucks, saying people are young, stupid or jealous, if they don't agree with you.

I know you like Jones......a lot, and his arrogance has clearly rubbed off on you, but maybe you should take a page out of your hero's book and be a little more humble after that beating.

Jones himself looked surprised he won.

When a fight is spent standing the whole time, the man that took more damage lost. There is no way you can say Gus took more damage. Not from Jones weak kicks, with those little chicken legs. Glancing shots to his head my ass, his lips alone proves otherwise.

I can stand these boards any more.

Peace out

If Gus was awarded the winner I would have considered it a robbery. Close but clear fight. Biased commentary is only reason people are going crazy.

Jones exposed though. Surprise surprise he's not the phenom you thought hed be when giving up his massive physical advantages. Shocker. He's not even going to entertain the idea of HW any more thats for sure.

If Gus was awarded the winner I would have considered it a robbery. Close but clear fight. Biased commentary is only reason people are going crazy.

Jones exposed though. Surprise surprise he's not the phenom you thought hed be when giving up his massive physical advantages. Shocker. He's not even going to entertain the idea of HW any more thats for sure.

lol. thats how your supposed to take a loss. gus fans please be more like this.

whining about robberies and conspiracies is boring.

suck it up and move on.

btw i dont have any favorites at lhw

I think there's another side to this too, the fact that Jones has thoroughly dominated so many opponents and had his way with them via his wrestling with ease makes Gus' performance look all the more impressive, and when someone is doing a lot better than expected like that a viewer might be biased toward the challenger and a close fight becomes a ridiculous robbery.

If Gus had won the final round I would say he deserved the decision. The fight was so close that it came down to taht round IMO. If you think gus was ahead 3-1 going into the last round its your right . I don't think he was. Neither did the judges.

The fact that jones has been so dominent definatly plays a part in this for sure. More than some ppl wanna admit

LOL you are a f'ing 'tard.
Wrong on all accounts.

Just because your boy won a robbed decision, doesn't make everyone else wrong.

the VAST MAJORITY scored a close fight for GUS.
I say chances are that the minority is wrong. even though, in theory, the judges were supposed to know better...they don't.
They often make terrible, asinine decisions and they are NEVER fired for their sloppy job.
I actually think this very fact is what is wrong with the judges. Since they have ZERO accountability, there's no reason to vote as they should.

And just in case you are wondering, I am half-way past 40, trained MMA for over a decade and followed Pride and UFC since before they made any money...

Not bragging, but just to show you an example as someone completely outside your assessment, that thought Gus was Robbed. Not the worse robbery (after Rua & Machida I it would be very hard to top that), but an obviously wrong decision (26-29 jones????)

Calling any close fight a robbery is just stupid and wrong.

If it is a robbery then every single close fight is a robbery simply by virtue of being in the fan base of the losing side. And no, a fight does not have to have exactly 50% or more of those watching agreeing with the decision for it not to be a robbery. by virtue of it being a close fight you will, on occasion see the guy who MORE thought won, still losing.

And before you reply with more fallacies I want you to not waste my time and google search the logical fallacy 'argumentum ad populum' and try and understand it as it should completely stop you from making another fallacious argument.

You Jones fans are becoming worse than Penn fans.

You guys are ignorant ass fucks, saying people are young, stupid or jealous, if they don't agree with you.

I know you like Jones......a lot, and his arrogance has clearly rubbed off on you, but maybe you should take a page out of your hero's book and be a little more humble after that beating.

Jones himself looked surprised he won.

When a fight is spent standing the whole time, the man that took more damage lost. There is no way you can say Gus took more damage. Not from Jones weak kicks, with those little chicken legs. Glancing shots to his head my ass, his lips alone proves otherwise.

I can stand these boards any more.

Peace out

This fight seems to have upset you. Hope you're able to find your happy place today. There's always next time.

If Jones finished him in the 4th, threads would be Jones would have lost if he didnt finish

imo Gus got robbed. and when i say robbed i think its more of a rob in the sense that its wasn't a split decision at least. that's what makes me question the fight. i am not biased at all and Bones got his ass beat. the 4th round was close, 5th i'd give to Bones but 1-3 i thought Gus did more.

It is fucking mind-boggling how many people who watch this sport and have no fucking idea what "split" and "unanimous" decisions actually are.

Agreed.

I was standing up cheering for Gus but thought Jones did enough to get the very small edge.

Lets remember that when no one beat Jones many of these same robbery clowns were clinging to the view that Machida beat Jones handily in round 1 of their fight for the sole reason that he got off one good flurry. Bias and desire are a mind warping bitch. Guys want Jones to lose so badly that they see nothing but him losing every exchange while they minimize anything he does that wins them.

yep pretty much

70% of sherdog thinks gus either won or at least deserved a draw. That's a robbery in my book, I don't care about how close of a fight it was.

OLOLOLOLZ at kids trying to say Gus only landed 'glancing blows'. Please jump off a cliff.

He wasn't robbed . But if you really feel strong about it you should write a letter to Dana . Maybe he'll reverse the decision after hearing your expert opinion

OLOLOLOLZ at kids trying to say Gus only landed 'glancing blows'. Please jump off a cliff.

jesus man glancing blows? i know right... ppl are going full retard wheres that pic of em in the hospital ....

Back