• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

This officially ends the “Usman is better than GSP” argument

... The title says it all.
So we are gonna forget that night where Sierra beat GSP and GSP came back and went on one of the greatest runs in MMA history. I guess Usman is done for after ONE loss in the UFC.

GSP level longevity is hard to comprehend for casuals, harder to duplicate for even the top level athletes.

There was never an argument. GSP cleaned out the division twice. Usman fought Colby Covington.
I'm curious how GSP cleaned out the division twice because he lost in his first title defense, went on to fight twice, got his title back then cleaned out the division.

Neither is beating Dan Hardy, Thiago Alves or Matt Serra. GSP and Usman both had flawed and great careers.
naw, it shows that variety can show a flaw in Usman, and it did.

the reason why GSP didnt give rematches is because he blew out the competition(except serra). Usman Colby was competitive both times. Usman Masivdal 2 shouldnt have happened, but short notice and all.... it's whatever. Those two sort of water down Usman's accomplishments, simply beating the same men over and over.

both hardy and Alves were on solid win streaks when they met and lost to GSP

Reactions: Gio
I'm curious how GSP cleaned out the division twice because he lost in his first title defense, went on to fight twice, got his title back then cleaned out the division.
Two different 'generations' of contenders. He cleaned out the division of contenders once on his way to getting his first title, then post-Serra.

Reactions: Gio
... The title says it all.

I’ve always had GSP ahead but I don’t think this changes much. He completely dominated but got caught. If we give GSP a pass for Serra I don’t see this as very different.

Two different 'generations' of contenders. He cleaned out the division of contenders once on his way to getting his first title, then post-Serra.
No.
Normally the phrase cleaning out the division is when someone wins the belt and does so, not when they are up and coming because those guys he fought during his title run, he could have fought on his way up. So no, he didn't clean out the division twice. I'm sorry but defeating Karo and Hieron then losing to Hughes then defeating Strasser, Miller and Trigg isn't cleaning out the division. Beating Penn and Sherk, that's good. But that's not cleaning out the division. How are you cleaning out the division yet you just lost to the champ?

So we are gonna forget that night where Sierra beat GSP and GSP came back and went on one of the greatest runs in MMA history. I guess Usman is done for after ONE loss in the UFC.
GSP was young when he had his losses and was only 32 when he retired after Hendricks. Usman is 35. The end is nigh.

Lol. Classic over reaction. Usmans streak and dominance during was awesome. Let’s not diminish that. Woodly, Colby x 2, and Burns are great wins. The rest are eh. So. If he comes back and wins the rematch. Beats khazmat. And takes out a few more, then he’s back in the convo. This may have been the best thing for his legacy, in that it SHOULD squash all the ridiculous talk about moving up and/or having boxing matches with the Paul brothers or canelo

GSP was young when he had his losses and was only 32 when he retired after Hendricks. Usman is 35. The end is nigh.
Oh so now it's a age thing. So if Usman comes back and cleans out the WW division then goes up to MW and wins the belt, he's still under GSP because GSP did it at an earlier age? Regardless if he holds the record for most title defenses at WW. See, people like you create outliers to try and prove a point in hopes that it helps your argument. I guess Tim Sylvia was a better champion than Randy Couture because he won the HW at an age younger than Randy.

Oh so now it's a age thing. So if Usman comes back and cleans out the WW division then goes up to MW and wins the belt, he's still under GSP because GSP did it at an earlier age? Regardless if he holds the record for most title defenses at WW. See, people like you create outliers to try and prove a point in hopes that it helps your argument. I guess Tim Sylvia was a better champion than Randy Couture because he won the HW at an age younger than Randy.
Lmao triggered much? Yes age matters you goof. GSP lost to Serra at 26, Usman just lost at 35. Write another paragraph.

GSP didn’t get walked off and stiffed in the final few minutes of a fight he was winning. Come on man. This was way worse.
He tapped out and got beaten in the first round by strikes.
Usman got caught by a perfect kick after showing he was the better fighter overall.
Same happened to Cain, he came back and destroyed Junior 2x and changed his entire career.

I am stoked for Leon and don't think Usman is close to GSP at all. GSP had much worse losses and came back and avenged them. GSP resume is way better than Usmans.
TKO by Matt Serra and Subbed by Hughes.

Leon has always been good, but he is usually the one winning so plays it safe. This time he finally committed and got the finish because of it.

Lmao triggered much? Yes age matters you goof. GSP lost to Serra at 26, Usman just lost at 35. Write another paragraph.
Triggered how? And GSP got KOed and submitted in the UFC. Usman just got KOed, so by your idiotic logic, isn't Usman better?

Triggered how? And GSP got KOed and submitted in the UFC. Usman just got KOed, so by your idiotic logic, isn't Usman better?
What idiotic logic is pointing out facts? I didn't make any assumptions other than that you're delusional if you think Usman is about to go on some spectacular run.

What idiotic logic is pointing out facts? I didn't make any assumptions other than that you're delusional if you think Usman is about to go on some spectacular run.
Why can't he? Why can't he reclaim his title and go on a run? You do know the same thing was said about GSP after losing to Serra, right? You're delusional if you think Usman hasn't punched his tickets as one of the greats. But I get it, you're a GSP fanboy. Which is cool, I am too but I'm not delusional. You probably tell yourself that his losses to Hughes and Serra aren't real.

Why can't he? Why can't he reclaim his title and go on a run? You do know the same thing was said about GSP after losing to Serra, right? You're delusional if you think Usman hasn't punched his tickets as one of the greats. But I get it, you're a GSP fanboy. Which is cool, I am too but I'm not delusional. You probably tell yourself that his losses to Hughes and Serra aren't real.
Why the hell do you keep making assumptions about what I think? lmao ffs we'll just agree to disagree.

gif8.gif
20rpesn.gif

Why the hell do you keep making assumptions about what I think? lmao ffs we'll just agree to disagree.
You're on a public forum where people post their opinions and others can respond with their disagreement and you're MAD about it?

Back