• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

This officially ends the “Usman is better than GSP” argument

How many title defenses Usman has? End of the debate.

My only knock on GSP was he retired too young (32).

Would have loved to see him continue his career after the Hendricks fight.

It's unfair to compare Usman to GSP ..had Usman won this and defeated Khazmat I would have him as the goat. As it stands right now he would need to win his belt and best Khamzat to surpass GSP imo.

Isn't that worse lol? He lost in his physical prime. I don't understand how it's better to be KO'd earlier in your career.

I know you're just a blind nuthugger but try thinking a little bit.
If you follow the history of boxing it’s pretty easy to figure out. You learn from your mistakes when you were young. And you correct them.

Joe Louis was basically knocked out by a journeyman and then went on a run unlike anyone has ever done in the history of boxing. Still hasn’t been equaled at HW..

He fought Colby and Masvidal twice each .

I wouldn’t say that’s a major championship accomplishment reign.

Neither is beating Dan Hardy, Thiago Alves or Matt Serra. GSP and Usman both had flawed and great careers.

He would lose to Khabib by sub or decision and Khabib wouldn’t have a scratch
Based on what? Who in the fuck did Khabib ever fight to lead you to that conclusion?

GSP would have toyed with all Khabib’s foes..

No no it doesn't cause all the elite WW's of this era are better.

Usman was better than GSP several fights ago.

I wonder why people bother arguing with GSP nutjob fans...

this had nothing to do with gsp and everything to do with tieing anderson silva's 16 fight record

I think you’re very gullible because GSP asked for what kind of tests they were doing or you forgot? That alone is suspect

One person became a shell of his former self after USADA came in

The other came back and won the world title in a weight division above his native one

take your casual analysis elsewhere boyo

The only people that thought Usman was better than GSP were GSP haters. GSP has a longer streak as champion, and beat way better people than Usman. Look at the people Usman beat before he was champion for crying out loud.

Neither is beating Dan Hardy, Thiago Alves or Matt Serra. GSP and Usman both had flawed and great careers.
The top 5 today would murder the top 5 GSP had to go through with the exception being Masvidal and I would still favor him against Hardy, Diaz, Alves, Serra, Koscheck, Hughes and probably Hendricks. Burns would be interesting as he raped the best grappler GSP fought and his striking is better as well since he wouldn't be scared of the takedowns

One person became a shell of his former self after USADA came in

The other came back and won the world title in a weight division above his native one

take your casual analysis elsewhere boyo
Kinda hard to brag about him beating a 1 eyed Bisping who was beaten down by a 57 year old Dan Henderson a fight before and a fight afterwards sent to the shadow realm by Gastlem who made it look easy. George on the other hand took the victory and ran again from the contenders in the division. No way would he have beaten Romero/Whitaker/Jacare or challenging Prime Woodley at the time.

If GSP set the standard for GOAT than fighters like Henry Cejudo and Khabib should be regarded alot higher just based off the logic his "fans" have

I think you’re very gullible because GSP asked for what kind of tests they were doing or you forgot? That alone is suspect
Yes he did because he knew Johnny was juicing out of his skull and getting away with it. The proof is in the pudding. Hendricks could not even make weight off the gas. Part of me wished that GSP had taken him on for one last fight at 185. Because he would’ve beat the fucking shit out of him and put all of that crap to rest for good.

There was never an argument. GSP cleaned out the division twice. Usman fought Colby Covington.

Kinda hard to brag about him beating a 1 eyed Bisping who was beaten down by a 57 year old Dan Henderson a fight before and a fight afterwards sent to the shadow realm by Gastlem who made it look easy. George on the other hand took the victory and ran again from the contenders in the division. No way would he have beaten Romero/Whitaker/Jacare or challenging Prime Woodley at the time.

If GSP set the standard for GOAT than fighters like Henry Cejudo and Khabib should be regarded alot higher just based off the logic his "fans" have

stopped listening after I saw your join date

explain to me how Khabib is even better than Aldo

Back