• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

This officially ends the “Usman is better than GSP” argument

GSPs loss to Serra was his first title defense

Usman lost to Leon in his 6th

Yall idiots

GSP just had better competition...Penn, Hughes, Condit etc.........Georges was so well rounded with fantastic striking when needed.

This was Usman first ufc loss and has some more to spare still

the conversation is silly. Usman is a fine fighter but not the goat

20rpesn.gif

8aacb878d914c72c570111e1e56d1d8d.gif

UFC79-GSPXMattHughes-R2-3-armbar-400-sg.gif

Usman might do the same to Leon.

stopped listening after I saw your join date

explain to me how Khabib is even better than Aldo

Lol who cares about join dates when some of you "insightful mma critics" dedicate your whole lives to what other fighters do if I make maybe 1 or 2 posts how does that make you more credible? How does it feel to get a blue, purple, Brown, black belt up here but never in real life? Gtfoh

And I place Aldo ahead of both in terms of what I view as GOAT guys like him Anderson, Fedor and MM don't care about records but the warrior spirit of fighting and inspiring others who watch this sport. Khabib was a beast but the legacy he left still has question marks and his wins haven't aged well when Olivera is running through the same guys.

Nothing against Khabib but most of his wins you can't even search the guys. In reference to Khabib/GSP/Cejudo there should be another tier of ranking whose the greatest when these guys main focus was keeping their records in tact instead of taking fights anytime no matter the opponent I rank DC ahead of these guys as well

GSP lost to Serra then won the rematch, this will be Usmans Serra moment...with that said I happy as can be that Usman lost.
GSP lost Serra at the start of his kingship. It very different.

They were never in the talks.. The UFC is shameful for treating Georges like that.

GSP and Hughes still greater objectively.

Not to say Usman is done though, if he rebounds and dominates a second phase that would likely be a different story.

Ya cause Matt Serra is like …. Totally better than Leon huh?

He hasn't had nearly as many title defense, though. GSP beat like six D-1 wrestlers among many others.
With no striking. GSP either fought a wrestler that cant strike or a striker that cant wrestle. The fighters today are more well rounded

GSP was even a better wrestler despite no wrestling background.

GSP is just levels above Usman.

The competition argument could be valid but I legitimately think GSP is the greatest Welterweight of all time and is one of my favourite fighters(so I guess I’m biased)

Levels above? No lol. Now that hyperbole.

Back