• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

when are you considered a UFC fighter

When they make their debut.

The thing is theres a mix of wildy over and under qualified fighters making their UFC debuts. Like some are coming over after DWCS others are coming over after being a champion at a minor promotion. Theres really no way to filter out 1 without the other.

In horse racing theres an idea a horse needs to "break their maiden" to race in stakes IE win a race. So I guess the same concept would deny CM Punk the distinction of being a UFC fighter for example.

Oh you also need a really shitty tattoo
Preferably on the chest or neck

this worst espn card has me thinking

there are soooooooo many 'prospects' and up and comers in the UFC on small cards that to call yourself 'A UFC fighter' has kind of lost its luster.

To me, unless your ranked in the top ten your not officially a UFC fighter yet.

They should make minor league UFC and major league UFC (like MLB).

10-30 years ago you WERE a UFC fighter, it had meaning and respect, but now.....mehhh, not so much (until top 10) or wer on at least 1 PPV main card.
Stupid take

Stupid take
bunda-memee.gif

Back