This is NOT how you get positive reactions to your religious beliefs..

Strychnine

War Room Peace Addict
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

"It should go without saying that if a kid is working, and working hard in particular, giving them a Bible tract in lieu of actual payment, or in this case a customary tip, is a ridiculously unchristianthing to do. It's almost the moral equivalent of distributing Bibles to starving children.”

”Do you really believe that's doing His work?”
“A good Christian does not need to tell others they're Christian. It will be evident by how they treat others.”

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...e-stop-doing-this-terrible-thing?detail=email

Wow. I never made two threads in the War Room on the same day but man.. I just had to...
Now some of you may know that I'm a follower of Jesus (A Christian). I had to call out this galactic sized bullplop for what it is.. Being a jerk. This is no way, no how, on any level, how to treat anyone. Especially someone who's putting in a hard day's work.

Jesus said we dont have to give anything to anyone. The rich will inherit the earth and camels in swimming pools and all that.

I think Christianity is ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as tipping. I'm siding with Christ on this one...

If you ask me, the advice is worth a lot more than the $20. Best tip someone could hope to get. God bless!

Maybe he's a horrible waiter and someone left that on purpose to stick it to him. Otherwise, yeah, that's pretty lame.

Also, in before tipping thread goes hundreds of pages.

Yes! Finally, a tipping thread in the War Room.

eddie-griffin-popcorn.gif

Actually... Maybe it would be more inclusive if it was a Quran quotation instead?

Stupid and cheep.

If you wanted to leave that leave it along with the tip.

Garret seems like a whiny, ungrateful bitch. Dude just handed him the key to everlasting life.

Should have given him a Quran. He doesn't deserve the Good News.

Garret seems like a whiny, ungrateful bitch. Dude just handed him the key to everlasting life.

Should have given him a Quran. He doesn't deserve the Good News.

Seriously, though, if someone gave me that as a tip, the first thing I would do is question whether or not I was a terrible server, and this was the customer telling me to suck it. Not sure Garret is capable of such introspection.

th

Thread not going how I thought it would :cool:

A business owner gave me a leather bound bible after i paid for services and I quite liked that he gave me anything at all . n.n It's sitting on my book shelf . i will probably not read it but it's the only leather bound book that i have . It looks cool .

i write tips on the bill... Things like, "Tip: don't piss into the wind."
Or, "Tip: Don't eat yellow snow,"
"Tip: Always look both way before crossing the street."

But, I mean, I also leave an actual tip.

I used to work at a grocery store when I was in high school and the Bible thumper store manager used to leave Jesus propaganda all over the break room and bathrooms. That was annoying but whatever... but fucking with people's livelihood because you can't keep it in your pants? That's just ridiculous.

Next time they come to the restaurant the waiter should give them a plate with the same message on it instead of the food they ordered.

Thou food shall be thoroughly fucked with upon next dining.

This is bullshit. Tips are optional. Snotty assed servers don't *deserve* a tip just because they dragged their sorry asses out of bed - they earn them. This whole "If you don't tip well, I'm going to spit in your food" mentality is essentially holding the customer ransom, and it betrays an attitude of entitlement that they expect something just for showing up when they are supposed to earn something by doing a good job. Take some damned pride in your work and good tips will likely follow rather than acting as if you deserve tips just for showing up.

If you're some knuckle dragging server who resents it when you don't get a big tip because you carried a few plates and filled up someone's water, go get a job with an hourly rate you like or a good salary and quit your bitching - or accept the possibility that your crap standard of work wasn't worth a tip. Don't take it out on the customer when you don't get the tip you feel you're entitled to, despite it being entirely optional and oftentimes just a sign of gratitude for good service.

(you're welcome OP)

Whoever designed that slip of paper is an over 9000 level troll.

Rip? TCK? Lucas?

This is bullshit. Tips are optional. Snotty assed servers don't *deserve* a tip just because they dragged their sorry asses out of bed - they earn them. This whole "If you don't tip well, I'm going to spit in your food" mentality is essentially holding the customer ransom, and it betrays an attitude of entitlement that they expect something just for showing up when they are supposed to earn something by doing a good job. Take some damned pride in your work and good tips will likely follow rather than acting as if you deserve tips just for showing up.

If you're some knuckle dragging server who resents it when you don't get a big tip because you carried a few plates and filled up someone's water, go get a job with an hourly rate you like or a good salary and quit your bitching - or accept the possibility that your crap standard of work wasn't worth a tip. Don't take it out on the customer when you don't get the tip you feel you're entitled to, despite it being entirely optional and oftentimes just a sign of gratitude for good service.

(you're welcome OP)
A lot of states allow restaurants to pay sub minimum wage rates to tipped employees. And in general, restaurant staff work their asses off, especially in high volume restaurants. Shit service deserves zero tip but doing a good job and not getting tipped just sucks.

Back