This is NOT how you get positive reactions to your religious beliefs..

Textbook server counter argument. Essentially translates to: "I have no counter argument".

I routinely dine at establishments where a meal costs more than what you and your server friends make in a month. I observe cultural norms and tip huge on these occasions. What I don't like is the nauseating sense of entitlement you and your grubby friends have adopted in the 21st century. It's is both gruesome and laughably petty. Disgusting to say the least.

I've never worked in the service industry. You just seem like an irritating douche bag.

The fact that you know this should signify to everyone that we're on different levels here. I am not familiar with the menus at shit-tier eateries.

Come on, you don't need to be a gourmand to know about Denny's classic offering.

I've never worked in the service industry. You just seem like an irritating douche bag.

I think the fact that you're outright lying at this point tells us everything we need to know.

Your view(s) expose you as having a service background , that much we can all agree on. Nobody would have the type of expected empty, inane, and ultimately vitriolic responses you have had without that background. Your subconscious gave away your hand a while ago. Embarrassing to say the least, and I'm speaking for everyone when I say that.

I think the fact that you're outright lying at this point tells us everything we need to know.

Your view(s) expose you as having a service background , that much we can all agree on. Nobody would have the type of expected empty, inane, and ultimately vitriolic responses you have had without that background. Your subconscious gave away your hand a while ago. Embarrassing to say the least, and I'm speaking for everyone when I say that.

Your trolling is average, but I appreciated the unusual use of "gruesome " :)

Your trolling is average, but I appreciated the unusual use of "gruesome " :)

This is what it looks like when you've run out of substance, folks.

Arrive. Get brutally educated. Bow out.

Textbook.

Thanks for trying. Go enjoy your grand slam @ Ihop. You've earned it. Don't forget the $2.50 tip, big shot. LOL

That does take a lot of courage.

Seriously though, I believe tips should reflect quality of service, but it's pretty rare that I've encountered poor service. When I have, I've talked to the manager.

With this, I agree 100%. I am being genuine when I say - I tend to be a very good tipper. 15% for adequate service, 20% for good service, and for exceptional service? The sky is the limit. I doubt I give a tip below 15% more than one out of ten times I go out.

I'm also serious - I am routinely asked to handle tips because people are aware that I am not afraid to give a bad tip. I feel tips are earned and I am not afraid to say it to someone's face when I give them a poor tip. Talking to the manager... Not a bad idea, but I feel like most people do that when they're fishing for a free meal - and if I don't have a problem with the chefs, I don't feel I need that. But, it takes a lot of courage? It shouldn't. A tip is an expression of appreciation for a good time. If the serving element of your time out makes your time out unenjoyable, they *should* be docked their gratuity. I am paying my server extra to make me feel like it was a good idea to not just eat at home. If they can't provide this experience, screw them.

There are probably now a half dozen comments about what a big shot I'm trying to come off as, how I'm relishing stomping down those I perceive as beneath me, blah blah blah... Simply put, I tip well, if a tip is earned. I would *love* to give a server a solid bonus and help them earn a living wage... But I save up my money putting up sheets of drywall so that I can go out and have a great time on a weekend night - and if some snotty, entitled server gives me crap service, they are not getting an extra dime of my money for leaving me thinking "I should have just stayed home." Is that really so unreasonable?

Not unreasonable. Servers perform a duty that takes absolutely no skill or ability and minimal training/investment (they have to buy pens in some cases). They should be overjoyed @ any tip they receive since their job requires a minimum wage-tier skill set.

A lot of states allow restaurants to pay sub minimum wage rates to tipped employees. And in general, restaurant staff work their asses off, especially in high volume restaurants. Shit service deserves zero tip but doing a good job and not getting tipped just sucks.

This is only half true. They can pay sub-minimum wages, pre-tip. If the wages post-tip are still under minimum wage, the restaurant has to make up the difference.

I personally tend to be a ridiculous tipper. Its fun to leave a hundred dollar tip, it makes peoples day. Having said that, I don't like the concept of people relying on tipping for the same reason I don't like the greater community to rely on donations providing care for the poor. It essentially creates a system were the generous subsidize the cheap. I don't like a social construct that encourages selfishness. I think selfish people get enough of a natural social advantage in the modern world.

Edit: oh ya, as to the TS, that guy is either a world class douchebag, or a world class troll. Both hilarious and sad.

Wait... Have the knee-jerk pro-tip-under-any-circumstance leeches run away to regroup? Damn, Breakitdown and I must have done well. Usually they're shameless in their entitlement hollering.

Still trying to figure out why we should give even a modicum of shit about this?

Don't like your shit paying jerb? Get another jerb you grubby, tax cheating, skill-less cretin ROFL.
No one is saying you have to give a shit. But I can still call you a cheap ass for not tipping.

Yeah, but what you people never mention is this:

"The American federal government requires a wage of at least $2.13 per hour be paid to employees that receive at least $30 per month in tips.[4] If wages and tips do not equal the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour during any pay period, the employer is required to increase cash wages to compensate. As of May 2012, the average hourly wage – including tips – for a restaurant employee in the United States that received tip income was $11.82.[5]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tipped_wage_in_the_United_States

That $2.13 wage has to be topped up to minimum wage if the tips don't put it over minimum wage, according to federal law. So essentially, that "sub minimum wage" sob story is a bunch of BS that people bring up to obfuscate the fact that federal law demands a server be topped up to minimum wage if tips don't put them over.

Essentially, a server signs up for a minimum wage job and that is what they WILL be paid. If you don't want a minimum wage job that has a chance of paying much more based on generous tips, then find another job that pays what you want. There are usually plenty, but they are crap work that no-one wants to do. Servers are not entitled to tips - they earn them. Servers who don't like this should find another line of work.
Says the guy who starts his post by calling restaurant employees "snotty ass workers". Besides, this isn't a conversation any side is going to win. I am simply stating my opinion: people who don't tip are cheap asses.

There's no point to responding to the rest of the crap because I am not saying restaurant workers should be making bank.

No one is saying you have to give a shit. But I can still call you a cheap ass for not tipping.

Then why are you -embarrassingly- crying about it ITT?

"It's still under state min wage11!!!!1." Gruesome and pathetic.

You further expose yourself when you associate tipping with spending power. In your world, tipping the extra 75 cents on your grand slam makes you feel like a big shot. The $2.75 you left on $10 is you flexing your spending power, nobody can call you cheap now!

Cringe-worthy to say the least, and I'm sorry to say that (actually I'm not LOL).

Then why are you -embarrassingly- crying about it ITT?

"It's still under state min wage11!!!!1." Gruesome and pathetic.

You further expose yourself when you associate tipping with spending power. In your world, tipping the extra 75 cents on your grand slam makes you feel like a big shot. The $2.75 you left on $10 is you flexing your spending power, nobody can call you cheap now!

Cringe-worthy to say the least, and I'm sorry to say that (actually I'm not LOL).
Who's crying about it? Lol little overdramatic dude.

You get a 6/10 for the attempted insult on the tip for the grand slam.

Says the guy who starts his post by calling restaurant employees "snotty ass workers". Besides, this isn't a conversation any side is going to win. I am simply stating my opinion: people who don't tip are cheap asses.

There's no point to responding to the rest of the crap because I am not saying restaurant workers should be making bank.

So, let me get this straight. The last time you addressed me it was to accuse me of misrepresenting my position by fudging whether the federal VS state minimum wage employers were required to top up to... An accusation I quickly shot down. Now, you skip past your inept and inaccurate smear job to pick on some name calling? Your opinion sucks. Sometimes people tip poorly sometimes because they don't feel the need to pay someone extra for doing a poor job. If that means they're "cheap asses" to you, I kinda hope you have a long future of crappy service to pay extra for to teach you a lesson.

My suspicion is that you say "this isn't a conversation any side is going to win" because you realize that your contribution to this discussion isn't going to do much but help your side lose, so you hope we'll buy it.

First time I've had the privilege of saying it on Sherdog, but, shit-tier poster. Think more, feelz less.

Dude, do you actually have a position any more, or is it just a bunch of name-shaming because you don't have a leg to stand on after getting reamed out?

Note the inability to form a coherent counter argument, folks.

This is what former service industry apologists do - they go through their usual bullshit points ($2 / hour, tips pay for rent, stay home if you don't tip 40%, hard work, etc) and when each of their lies is brutally/systematically dismantled they resort to what amounts to psycho babble.

Not unreasonable. Servers perform a duty that takes absolutely no skill or ability and minimal training/investment (they have to buy pens in some cases). They should be overjoyed @ any tip they receive since their job requires a minimum wage-tier skill set.

Why do the same people always like your posts?

Do people seriously make multiple accounts and "like" their own posts?

Back