• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media This happened 17 years ago...what when through your mind after witnessing it?

topic aside tho I do miss those times
i miss 2006 2007 08 etc etc , even tho technology sucked compared to now
it was still good times. . i would like to say when chuck got knocked out that
we were in the beginning of the social media phase reality tv phase.

myspace, spike tv, gears of war, halo, psp, xbox live, friday night pizza with the boys,
high school drama, going to the mall, seeing movies in the theater, pre Disney Marvel,
the 205 light weight killers row division was just getting started, i remember thinking Kimbo
could beat all the ufc fighters, and i remember watching UFC felt like some underground club,
i actually liked dana back then too.

<DCrying>dam i hate I took those times for granted

Personally I think Chucks issue was both decline and like many greats becoming narrower in style, championship run Chuck basically focused on anti grappling and throwing offence, gave much less thought to defence and then suddenly started having to fight much more dangerous strikers.

I think you can kind of see why he did that, the first Randy fight I think Couture exploited Chuck backing up a lot to get into the clinch and get takedowns plus generally wearing him out, the rematches Chuck disrespected Randys power much more.

The Wandy KO by Rampage was better, it was crisp as fuck with the check hook.

That was a great time
Pride vs UFC

I probably thought it's fucking stupid to go for a naked body hook vs Rampage at the start of the fight.

I was 19 then. We had grabbed some X for the fight party and after winning 50 bucks on Rampage, I hooked up with with one of other guys exes that had come to the party to try and cop some rolls. She was 26 and a former dancer

It's a young style points memory I'll always be proud of

Mixed feelings. I wanted Rampage to win, but it didn't feel good seeing Chuck out cold like that.

All good things must come to an end.

Back