Think about this, if Lopez was more skilled than Loma

How do you think Lopez would fare against Spence and Crawford at 147?

Since size literally doesn't matter, there's no reason Lopez couldn't move up and fight these 2, especially when Lopez would be far less outsized against them than Loma was against him.

Now, I'm not saying he would win but if he lost, it would only be because of his lack of skills since size plays no part in the outcome of a boxing match.

Since size literally doesn't matter, there's no reason Lopez couldn't move up and fight these 2, especially when Lopez would be far less outsized against them than Loma was against him.

Now, I'm not saying he would win but if he lost, it would only be because of his lack of skills since size plays no part in the outcome of a boxing match.

Mickey Garcia learned that far greater size and power with high level of skill was too much for him to surmount when he fought Spence and he went out there just to survive not being KO'ed. Unfortunately it took lomachenko too long to figure out lopez's game and that left him with too much of a mountain to climb by the end of the fight. But the fact that he has won so many titles should be taken into consideration to give him a rematch and ny be treated like any other contender.

Whatever it is if Lopez and lomachenko stay at this weight I suspect lomachenko will get another shot at getting back all his titles not too long from now.

He did seem little chinny in there and the bigger punchers are probably going to knock him out me thinks

Yep.

Lol people mad asf Loma got exposed. He's a great talent, but he's not the p4p mf'er he was made out to be. A younger, faster, more powerful fighter made him fight scared for the first half of the fight. Lopez did that, Loma didn't strategize that. Even in fights where one guy is trying to tire out another, the guy with that strategy throws something to keep his opponent honest.

Loma did NOTHING for 6 rounds. He knew of he opened up there was a big right coming his way. If he's so much more skilled then all these guys he would've adjusted, but he didn't until Lopez was visibly slower. That's really all you need to know about this fight.

Last edited:
Loma wasnt as good as people thought because if he was he would have handled Lopez

yea size matters obviously but we’ve seen small fighters beat bigger fighters who had more of a size advantage over them than Lopez had on Loma

see: Duran, Manny, Floyd, Jones, etc

Loma wasnt as good as people thought because if he was he would have handled Lopez

yea size matters obviously but we’ve seen small fighters beat bigger fighters who had more of a size advantage over them than Lopez had on Loma

see: Duran, Manny, Floyd, Jones, etc

All of them except Mayweather jr had inordinate power out of proportion to their size and Mayweather jr fights defensively so it is a lot safer for him.

Back