Things You've learned about sherdog Culture

The one thing that fascinates me the most about Sherdog culture is that it combines two extremely different demographics : the redneck, old-school, jockey, mma fanbase on one hand, and on the other, rabid geeks from the internet's deepest butthole.

-Many fans don't want the best fighter of X division as Champ, want one they can worship as comic book hero (or Waifu now that we got wmma) to get the belt

-Broscience > Science

-Some have a wierd admiration for bald promoters, and wish they apply more power because liking that shit give you Bu$ine$$man internet cred

-56% worship the Just Bleed God, 44% still worship him but don't admit it

-63% of sherdog have a boner for male good looking fighters

-Is usually safe apply the douchebag sign on anybody use MMAth

-America have the exclusive on black peoples (ok, you can be black too if you are african, but please wear zebra skin clothes)

-And by America i mean Usa, because Anderson is brazilian, not black

-80% of sherbros love trashtalking, fake feuds, enjoy cashcows getting spotlight, whine if fighters don't "hype" the fight, or can't talk english. Fighters that act as actual pro athletes lack of charisma and have "no personality"

-still 80% of sherbros is proud to hate prowrestling shows

-throw random % is essential for broscience

-fat peoples consider themselves HWs, even if in fight shape they will be WW

-Famous new fighters are 1 W away from being future GOAT and 1 L away from being finally exposed

-we had or will have in future an erotic dream with raven haired security girl accidentally touching our penis

-who disagree with point above already had one with Sage

-Young Arianny and Brittany were 10s worth killing for, now are totally unfuckable 9's

-Some will now pretend they was 8s in theyr prime being generous, cuz this will fucking impress us

-We should had asked UberTS to punch the universe, will have helped science discover gravitational waves sooner

-Any MMA female fighter get +3 points in the holy out of 10 vote

-Nobody is sending letters to Cinturao, will feel alone in jail

-Zoology and Sherzoology are two different sciences, with only the second being legit.

-You have a 50% of predicting future opening a thread titled Xxx will win tonight

-Sherdog jokes have bending reality abilities, McGregor will never had KOd Aldo like that if was'nt previously declared GOAT here

-passed years believing you are all these gym-fat going bald dudes that grow a beard as work of mourning. End up we are like a secret massonic lodge of decent looking peoples 45% cooler of internet average

-At some point was essential put Daniel Day-Lewis in your post, whatever the argument was.

-As soon a female of your life gift you an Ipad you should mercilessly beat the shit out of her with a wrench (be sure the Ipad was for you, risky move close to christmas)

-Mayberry is where you can ask unknow peoples to tell you to workout, look good, be positive and enjoy life after your 7 years relationship broke up.
And we will give you this suggestion specifically for your case

-These fucking Wizards will ever give you wierd multiple-choice options

-hit them with teh jab was an underrated solution

There is either nuthuggers or haters. There is no middle ground. According to Sherdog forums.

Sherdog gers don't like skinny girls and there are many BBW fans and 'Thick girl' fans. Sherdiggers also have horrible fashion advice, but some of the more seasoned posters in age have quite good female advice. I also, notice that the bandwagon effect is real and it's so sweet to see it crash and burn as well.

-Many fans don't want the best fighter of X division as Champ, want one they can worship as comic book hero (or Waifu now that we got wmma) to get the belt

-Broscience > Science

-Some have a wierd admiration for bald promoters, and wish they apply more power because liking that shit give you Bu$ine$$man internet cred

-56% worship the Just Bleed God, 44% still worship him but don't admit it

-63% of sherdog have a boner for male good looking fighters

-Is usually safe apply the douchebag sign on anybody use MMAth

-America have the exclusive on black peoples (ok, you can be black too if you are african, but please wear zebra skin clothes)

-And by America i mean Usa, because Anderson is brazilian, not black

-80% of sherbros love trashtalking, fake feuds, enjoy cashcows getting spotlight, whine if fighters don't "hype" the fight, or can't talk english. Fighters that act as actual pro athletes lack of charisma and have "no personality"

-still 80% of sherbros is proud to hate prowrestling shows

-throw random % is essential for broscience

-fat peoples consider themselves HWs, even if in fight shape they will be WW

-Famous new fighters are 1 W away from being future GOAT and 1 L away from being finally exposed

-we had or will have in future an erotic dream with raven haired security girl accidentally touching our penis

-who disagree with point above already had one with Sage

-Young Arianny and Brittany were 10s worth killing for, now are totally unfuckable 9's

-Some will now pretend they was 8s in theyr prime being generous, cuz this will fucking impress us

-We should had asked UberTS to punch the universe, will have helped science discover gravitational waves sooner

-Any MMA female fighter get +3 points in the holy out of 10 vote

-Nobody is sending letters to Cinturao, will feel alone in jail

-Zoology and Sherzoology are two different sciences, with only the second being legit.

-You have a 50% of predicting future opening a thread titled Xxx will win tonight

-Sherdog jokes have bending reality abilities, McGregor will never had KOd Aldo like that if was'nt previously declared GOAT here

-passed years believing you are all these gym-fat going bald dudes that grow a beard as work of mourning. End up we are like a secret massonic lodge of decent looking peoples 45% cooler of internet average

-At some point was essential put Daniel Day-Lewis in your post, whatever the argument was.

-As soon a female of your life gift you an Ipad you should mercilessly beat the shit out of her with a wrench (be sure the Ipad was for you, risky move close to christmas)

-Mayberry is where you can ask unknow peoples to tell you to workout, look good, be positive and enjoy life after your 7 years relationship broke up.
And we will give you this suggestion specifically for your case

-These fucking Wizards will ever give you wierd multiple-choice options

-hit them with teh jab was an underrated solution

You forgot the 80% the think being Brazilian is race:D...

None the less...

giphy.gif

Ban wagon jumpers, closet racist, mma girls are hot, Murica all the way, he's huge!!! Don't get an I-pad from lover, can bench 275, millionairs . The list goes on and on lol.

What amazes me about Sherdog is how simultaneously people can take such trivial matters so deadly serious, yet at the same time any post no matter how thoughtful will inevitably draw a snide zinger, or if you're really lucky, a humourous GIF.

I know what you mean. I made one the other day and I got a couple of shitty responses. The thread was titled "UFC Champions that have never won 3 or more consecutive fights in the UFC" Here's a couple of good ones I got.

I thought it was legit discussion for an MMA board. It Seems like more people are interested in threads about Conor McGregor with his shirt off. Here's the thread anyway.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/u...ive-fights-in-the-ufc.3171619/#post-113452361

First off, I like topics where people do actual research to prove a point or promote an idea.

The problem was that your first post in the thread was just facts. What was the point or idea that you did that work for? If you wanted to stimulate conversation, state why you did the research, I'm sure you had a reason to do it: Were you pissed off at people complaining about an "undeserved" title shot, were you pissed that somome on a big streak didn't get one and felt he was getting hosed? Tell the Dawg!

Facts and research are good, but your first post on its own did not do much to get people going.

Share some things you've learned about sherdog culture over the years.

Example:

I love MMA. I love all the stats that come with the sport. I use to assume other fans did too so I would compile stats, find trends or patterns, and make what I thought were awesome thought provoking threads. Then I'd post them and they'd get 3 responses and die.

But if I post a thread that says something like, " I love rye toast with butter" I'm likely to get 15 pages of debate about the merits of sourdough vs. rye.

That's what I used to do with my old accounts...its was always crickets and tumble weeds.
Its like that with everything though, I call it the cultural drag of mediocre magnetism.

The one thing that fascinates me the most about Sherdog culture is that it combines two extremely different demographics : the redneck, old-school, jockey, mma fanbase on one hand, and on the other, rabid geeks from the internet's deepest butthole.

The MMA subcultures two most populated political parties are called The Just Bleeds and Hipster MMA fans.

They don't exclusively subscribe to all the following, but this pretty well sums up their differences:

JBs believe and love everything Dana says HFs detest everything he says

JBs only watch UFC and think all Non UFC orgs only have terrible fighters unless they come to UFC of corse. HFs follow multiple orgs and sometimes have a creepy obsession for all things Japanese.

JBs boo immediately when a fight hits the ground and it doesn't matter if there are like 12 sub attempts in 30 seconds, they will still call it lay and pray. HFs could watch a ground game with no advancing or movement and at least claim to be fascinated by the subtle nuances of the chess match.

JBs think Fedor only fought cans. HFs are ready and willing to justify how Zulu was a legit threat that could have beaten the entire UFC HW division at the time.

JBs mostly hate women's MMA but will start a thread once a week about who they consider the hottest female on MMA. HFs think women are p4p exactly like men.

First off, I like topics where people do actual research to prove a point or promote an idea.

The problem was that your first post in the thread was just facts. What was the point or idea that you did that work for? If you wanted to stimulate conversation, state why you did the research, I'm sure you had a reason to do it: Were you pissed off at people complaining about an "undeserved" title shot, were you pissed that somome on a big streak didn't get one and felt he was getting hosed? Tell the Dawg!

Facts and research are good, but your first post on its own did not do much to get people going.

Word. I wasn't pissed about anything. It was more or less just an observation. I'm not trying to discredit any of them either. I just found it interesting that fighters with spotty records were considered the best in mma/ufc. Imo it's due to the sport being young mixed with the fact that there are a lot of ways to win or lose an mma fight. I doubt we will see fighters that will fall into that list ever again, because the sport has evolved and there is a much bigger roster.

Back