Things You've learned about sherdog Culture

NHB7

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Share some things you've learned about sherdog culture over the years.

Example:

I love MMA. I love all the stats that come with the sport. I use to assume other fans did too so I would compile stats, find trends or patterns, and make what I thought were awesome thought provoking threads. Then I'd post them and they'd get 3 responses and die.

But if I post a thread that says something like, " I love rye toast with butter" I'm likely to get 15 pages of debate about the merits of sourdough vs. rye.

Sherbros can happily ignore thousands of grammar errors a day, but if they see a mistaken use of "your" vs "you're" they completely lose their shit.

Last edited:
Share some things you've learned about sherdog culture over the years.

Example:

I love MMA. I love all the stats that come with the sport. I use to assume other fans did too so I would compile stats, find trends or patterns, and make what I thought were awesome thought provoking threads. Then I'd post them and they'd get 3 responses and die.

But if I post a thread that says something like, " I love rye toast with butter" I'm likely to get 15 pages of debate about the merits of sourdough vs. rye.

I've seen plenty of stats threads do quite well over the years here, and I've compiled them myself to complement discussions.

I've seen plenty of stats threads do quite well over the years here, and I've compiled them myself to complement discussions.

Well I must have compiled some boring ass stats then.

Too many fans are fixated on early career losses, you'd be surprised at how often it comes up. It's as if fighters can't improve lol

Well I must have compiled some boring ass stats then.

I stopped compiling them because the more I did the less they seemed to mean.

It's hard to track meaningful patterns with fighters only competing two or three times a year.

I would read your stats bro.

Well one of my most beloved projects was I would collect and compile their grappling records since it is so hard to find a useful database for that (Bjjheroes.com is okay...might have that name wrong though). But I was pretty much the only guy posting in my thread.

Sherdog logic isn't really logical at all.

Hmm.

Generally if someone loses an argument they resort to goal post moving or goes into semantic attacks. "Well this actually means this"

This goes on for hours

If given the opportunity, just about every poster will go into detail about the appearance of their penis.

Welcome to the entire internet.

It's really bad here. 4 Chan those guys just realize they are wrong apologize or leave here. Guys here take it personal for some reason and just keep going. It's making me think we have a high % of autist here lol

No respect for MMA legends generally. And if they feel strongly about one thing concerning a fighter, it distorts their perception of him completely. It's really noticeable with Robbie Lawler right now, who has gotten me back into MMA like I used to be... and just because he's been in close fights (which he won) and people disagreed with the decision (wrongly), he gets shit on all over the place and disrespected as if he's not bringing us some of the best fights in UFC history on a regular basis. It's insane.

As far as the 'berry... I feel like people are pretty conservative in here - at least for an online forum. IDK. Everytime cheating on a gf gets brought up, it surprises me how strongly people respond and attack the cheater and the idea of cheating. IDK why but that always surprises me.

Back