Things You've learned about sherdog Culture

The muscle worship in this forum is through the roof. I think this place is actually one giant closet that many of the users hides in. A post about a 9.75/10 model will garner "Elbows too pointy" and general disdain, while a thread about Overeem's physique is laden with the unspoken desire of "I just want to touch those muscles... Just for a bit..." and constant protestations of "no romo!" Methinks Sherdog protests too much!

The muscle worship in this forum is through the roof. I think this place is actually one giant closet that many of the users hides in. A post about a 9.75/10 model will garner "Elbows too pointy" and general disdain, while a thread about Overeem's physique is laden with the unspoken desire of "I just want to touch those muscles... Just for a bit..." and constant protestations of "no romo!" Methinks Sherdog protests too much!

Well I must have compiled some boring ass stats then.
Maybe you need more BREAKING, or INSANE in your thread titles. Toss in some Ronda hate and add a dash of Conor worship.

Last edited:
If given the opportunity, just about every poster will go into detail about the appearance of their penis.
"Monopoly likes this post" Hmm, does that mean she likes when I describe my penis to her, or is she just agreeing with the sentiment of your post? I'll play it safe and keep talking about my penis.

TS it's all about making a catchy thread title. Something controversial and strong. Like "sourdough bread sucks here are some mma stats."

If given the opportunity, just about every poster will go into detail about the appearance of their penis.
I feel like talking about mine right now... I see what you mean.

Sherdog prefers Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" to Leonard Cohen's. Blasphemy.

Share some things you've learned about sherdog culture over the years.

Example:

I love MMA. I love all the stats that come with the sport. I use to assume other fans did too so I would compile stats, find trends or patterns, and make what I thought were awesome thought provoking threads. Then I'd post them and they'd get 3 responses and die.

But if I post a thread that says something like, " I love rye toast with butter" I'm likely to get 15 pages of debate about the merits of sourdough vs. rye.

I know what you mean. I made one the other day and I got a couple of shitty responses. The thread was titled "UFC Champions that have never won 3 or more consecutive fights in the UFC" Here's a couple of good ones I got.

Who cares geek?

What's the point of this statistic? What are you trying to prove?

I thought it was legit discussion for an MMA board. It Seems like more people are interested in threads about Conor McGregor with his shirt off. Here's the thread anyway.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/u...ive-fights-in-the-ufc.3171619/#post-113452361

For sure:D Sherdog loves muscles. I made these gifs the other day for a post a gif to best describe a fighters fan thread.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Sherdoggers are the only people that think Event Horizon is a good movie... (this doesn't include me).

Just the mention of pro rasslin brings out Sherdog posters deepest darkest insecurities and they all find it necessary to explain how they "used to watch it but now theyre grown ass fake tough guys that dont understand how anyone can watch that baby crap" but yet they still post in every single thread that has anything to do with pro rasslin

Back