• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Economy There is nowhere to invest your money right now

Trade meaning day trade?

Pretty much. Day trade or maybe a few days at most on something particularly juicy.
All positions closed out by the end of trading every Friday so I can sleep on the weekends.

Well, there is one specific idiosyncratic risk to the global market, but its probably nothing.

Between the bi-polar stock market, a hawkish fed, a once in a generation inflation rate and major geopolitical drama, there appears to be no safe place to park your money.

All the traditional "hedges" to equity investments like gold and real estate are also struggling. Buy Bitcoin? Say goodbye to your money. Buy Blue Chip stocks and/or the index? Say goodbye to your money. Stuff your money in a mattress? Inflation (and possibly moths) will eat away at your money.

The latest stock market swoon seems different this time around. Central Banks are sending a clear signal that their priority is the economy and not the stock market, so any allusions of reducing interest rates is unlikely to happen. Previous levers to help lift the economy out of a recession (stimulus funding, tax breaks etc.) are out of the question due to rising inflation.

I'm so tempted to average cost down or pick up some big names on the cheap (NVIDIA, META, AMD, SHOPIFY etc. etc. are all down 70+%), but it looks like things can get even cheaper. This past year has been brutal, and every pop has been sold off within days.

We live in a crazy time when a good jobs report tanks the stock market. I shudder to think what today would be like if we actually got some bad news.

I disagree.
Now is the time to get in. Bargains.
Can’t go wrong in the long run with a sizable index fund investment right now.
Greed and fear. Everyone is fearful. That’s opportunity.

Guess it depends on your age. I have no hesitancy to still contribute to 401k/ Roth. The market could be going down in the near future but I still expect massive gains in the long term.

This. My perspective is that everything is on sale right now.

Pretty much. Day trade or maybe a few days at most on something particularly juicy.
All positions closed out by the end of trading every Friday so I can sleep on the weekends.

Okay, to each their own but if you go with the logic you think the market is going down long term, trading is far harder and riskier imo than just holding some mutual funds. Like if it’s going down, it just seems odd to me to not suggest buying but then trade within that environment.

This. My perspective is that everything is on sale right now.

I don’t know if that’s the case or not. I just think it makes sense to invest vs letting your money sit when it comes to passive options.

Just play both directions. Buy sqqq and tqqq, then sell a good chunk after each significant move either side to average down the other way. Don't think we'll be in buy and hold territory anytime soon.
This is the way.
This market harvest profit quickly.
You are basically Knish in Rounders just grinding.

Between the bi-polar stock market, a hawkish fed, a once in a generation inflation rate and major geopolitical drama, there appears to be no safe place to park your money.

All the traditional "hedges" to equity investments like gold and real estate are also struggling. Buy Bitcoin? Say goodbye to your money. Buy Blue Chip stocks and/or the index? Say goodbye to your money. Stuff your money in a mattress? Inflation (and possibly moths) will eat away at your money.

The latest stock market swoon seems different this time around. Central Banks are sending a clear signal that their priority is the economy and not the stock market, so any allusions of reducing interest rates is unlikely to happen. Previous levers to help lift the economy out of a recession (stimulus funding, tax breaks etc.) are out of the question due to rising inflation.

I'm so tempted to average cost down or pick up some big names on the cheap (NVIDIA, META, AMD, SHOPIFY etc. etc. are all down 70+%), but it looks like things can get even cheaper. This past year has been brutal, and every pop has been sold off within days.

We live in a crazy time when a good jobs report tanks the stock market. I shudder to think what today would be like if we actually got some bad news.
Not sure but i am not going to give any investing advice but i will just say.

Keep your investment somewhere safe and clearly not in your major bank.

Hey man if you're serious I can provide you info on how to do a legitimate pyramid scheme!
You'll get a kit for setting up the presentation, a official certificate and some special presentation shakes to give you energy.

Then just recruit a few folks to recoup your costs.
Where do I send my money?

"nothings working and thats a good thing"

-biden (more accurately, biden's moloch-worshipping handlers)

Regular savings accounts are giving about 2-3% interest... good short term option (and liquid).

6 month treasury yields around 4%.... also good short term option.

S&P500 discounted 20% from peak.... great long term option.

Seems like plenty of decent easy options.

1998-2002 Trans Am WS6s with 6 speed manual transmission is a fantastic long term investment that pays dividends in juvenile grins.

However if you live in an urban environment, storage of multiples will erode your profits so that might not be for you.

Back