• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Economy There is nowhere to invest your money right now

Numismatics are doing me well.

But I've been in numismatics since the 90s, so I know how to accurately grade coins and know what to look for.
Off topic, if I were to PM you some hi-res pics would you be willing to give them a once-over and let me know their approximate condition in order to have a better idea in the future of what various grades (more or less within a certain range at least) look like?

So, just for an example, I came across a coin from 2001 which has a wonderful sheen but it could have flaws I don't know to look for or it could be in better condition than I give it credit for--I have no idea at all, really. Just to be clear I'm not saying this coin is necessarily worth anything; rather just trying to get some kind of comparative guide based upon coins I personally have access to.

Just play both directions. Buy sqqq and tqqq, then sell a good chunk after each significant move either side to average down the other way. Don't think we'll be in buy and hold territory anytime soon.

Off topic, if I were to PM you some hi-res pics would you be willing to give them a once-over and let me know their approximate condition in order to have a better idea in the future of what various grades (more or less within a certain range at least) look like?

So, just for an example, I came across a coin from 2001 which has a wonderful sheen but it could have flaws I don't know to look for or it could be in better condition than I give it credit for--I have no idea at all, really. Just to be clear I'm not saying this coin is necessarily worth anything; rather just trying to get some kind of comparative guide based upon coins I personally have access to.

For sure, brah. No problem.

Can't invest, inflation killing savings. The elite are bending over the global population nice and good with all of their bullshit.

I tend to agree. Most stocks are still way overvalued imo, and crypto can easily dump another 50%.

2023 will be a very telling year esp Q2-Q3

Guess it depends on your age. I have no hesitancy to still contribute to 401k/ Roth. The market could be going down in the near future but I still expect massive gains in the long term.

If you invested in the Dow in the late 1920s you'd be underwater for around 25 years.
If you dumped your money into the Nikkei during the late 1980s you're still underwater now.

Getting back to even in your working lifetime is not guaranteed.

If you invested in the Dow in the late 1920s you'd be underwater for around 25 years.
If you dumped your money into the Nikkei during the late 1980s you're still underwater now.

Getting back to even in your working lifetime is not guaranteed.

Possible but any investment has its risk. And also, I’m not dumb and investing my entire portfolio in a single company. If someone did that with Nikkei, they were assuming a ton of risk, especially if they are just a passive investor.

Shit is going to crash hard, because of the ridiculously irresponsible(or purposefully irresponsible...) spending by the governments, and you'll be told it's because you're racist or something. Half of you will believe it, as you try to sell green energy to your six roommates in a one bedroom apartment, who are all eating a big pot of discounted Ramen noodles, that you bought with your $500 monthly UBI.

Can't invest, inflation killing savings. The elite are bending over the global population nice and good with all of their bullshit.

"The elite" are much more hurt by stocks and bonds going down than regular people.

Possible but any investment has its risk. And also, I’m not dumb and investing my entire portfolio in a single company. If someone did that with Nikkei, they were assuming a ton of risk, especially if they are just a passive investor.

True, all investments have risk. However, we're also currently looking at the reversal of several generational trends such as interest rates going back up after falling for ~40 years, the end of various currency carry trades, and so on & so forth. Risk right now is way higher than it's ever been in my lifetime, I'll trade the shit out of these markets but there's no way I'd invest in them.

True, all investments have risk. However, we're also currently looking at the reversal of several generational trends such as interest rates going back up after falling for ~40 years, the end of various currency carry trades, and so on & so forth. Risk right now is way higher than it's ever been in my lifetime, I'll trade the shit out of these markets but there's no way I'd invest in them.

Trade meaning day trade?

Back