• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Economy There is nowhere to invest your money right now

We are in the sit tight stage right now.

I am a small investor myself but rub some shoulders with the big guys. They are all waiting for a pretty big crash in both the stocks and real estate and pretty much everything. Some of them are pretty cynical. Some are even stacking food, ammo, and gold.

Aren't all the uber rich pouring money into "Modern Art" right now...might be the way to go.

We are in the sit tight stage right now.

I am a small investor myself but rub some shoulders with the big guys. They are all waiting for a pretty big crash in both the stocks and real estate and pretty much everything. Some of them are pretty cynical. Some are even stacking food, ammo, and gold.

are they taking money out of the bank?

I just bought some TQQQ this morning. I basically have a few options. I can go long and DCA on the dips or I can scalp or swing it later this week. I was close to putting a large chunk into my kids 529 plans to be used for their private school tuition, but i'm waiting it out for hopefully a lower entry point. My entry point is when the SP500 dips below ~3500, assuming it happens. Hopefully I don't miss the boat, but I think right now it's my best bet to invest cash with no tax burden.

The next monthly job report beginning of November is going to be very telling, but it sounds like regardless the Fed is going to slow down the interest hike,

That means we'll still live with high inflation for a while but a milder recession

ZIRP plus inflationary policies forces investors into risk assets instead of safe assets. In my parent's days, investors could sit on a mix of term deposits/bonds to collect interest and blue chip stocks for steady long term growth & dividends. This is no longer possible. To stay ahead of inflation you need to start chasing higher risk investments such as tech stocks, real estate, and other volatile assets. A lot of insurance companies & pension funds are going to get blown up by this shit, not to mention retail investors.
US inflation has been really low for decades, it only picked the pace because of a pandemic and the supply chain disruptions it caused and then we get a war between two major grain and oil and gas exporters.
Central banks are now moving into a deflationary policy. It's likely we are getting a recession and a deflation 12 months from now.

Back