• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

China has a female Yao Ming. 7'3" 17-year-old center debuts for the Chinese women's national basketball team.

660eb665-4817-4002-b0ff-3c5c275b05b9_text.gif

If I'm a WNBA team owner, I am selling my soul for this chick. Literally an alien. Most centers are only like 6'4'' in the WNBA. She is a literally cheat code.
Do you not remember this butterfa....buttereverything?

OIP.4mxFegMEHtMFv3w3Ds5_2AHaKS

For a while the WNBA tried to play up this lady's hype as the foil to Lisa Leslie. She only lasted two seasons in the WNBA, didn't dominate anything, and sure as hell couldn't contain Lisa. Given, she was only 6'8", and that's a massive difference, but like Zheng, I have my doubts this 7'3" woman will have any sort of longevity, and I also think she will run into women in the WNBA who are probably strong enough to hold her outside the key before she catches the ball, so she's not going to get those 8 free 1-footers we saw in the clip.

Do you not remember this butterfa....buttereverything?

OIP.4mxFegMEHtMFv3w3Ds5_2AHaKS

For a while the WNBA tried to play up this lady's hype as the foil to Lisa Leslie. She only lasted two seasons in the WNBA, didn't dominate anything, and sure as hell couldn't contain Lisa. Given, she was only 6'8", and that's a massive difference, but like Zheng, I have my doubts this 7'3" woman will have any sort of longevity, and I also think she will run into women in the WNBA who are probably strong enough to hold her outside the key before she catches the ball, so she's not going to get those 8 free 1-footers we saw in the clip.

No - I can honestly say I didn't watch or even know the WNBA existed in the 90s. Never heard of her.

As you said though, 7'3'' is a lot different from 6'8'' and if she goes to the right team and gets the right support around her with coaching and medicals, there is no reason why she couldn't dominate.

Contain her boobs and teach her to run properly in shoulder deep water. It'll build her muscles cardio etc and won't have so much stress and impact on her bones/joints. Don't have to be rich or have coaches to do that. That's how I helped a girl years ago in Texas. I started with her before she got into high school, and then through out. She got a volleyball scholarship for university.

Back